The future is dense, walkable cities.

Suburbs that let the residents use all of their land, front and back yards, for edible gardening and small livestock, mostly chickens and rabbits, may last a little bit longer than the tightly regulated burbs with only manicured lawns.
Those highly regulated suburbs are often ruled by the iron fist of an HOA. Frankly anyone stupid enough to live in an HOA gets what they deserve. Nothing more than a bunch of nosey neighbor nazis telling them what color to paint their house, how many cars they can have and where to park them, what plants they can have in their yard, whether or not they can fly a flag, and so on.

My suburb's planners made some strange choices in roads and traffic direction. Now there are more turn, stoplights, and distance from main roads to my home. I thought of making comments to the city council, planning commission, and county commission, but that doesn't seem worth the effort. That won't make any difference in this burb becoming a slum, then ghost town, then farms or swampland. Maybe it could be a lake.

Back