The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Antenna turned up to 11, coz that's at ten, then up more ;-)
Sending healing thoughts and bad grammar all the way across the pond xxx

All this talk of antennas reminds me of an old story.

Two antennas met on a roof and, as their company was constant, they soon fell in love. They married not long after. The ceremony was nothing special but the reception was fantastic!

I just wanted to update everyone on SW. He was moved Wednesday to the VA hospice center where he most wanted to live. This new place doesn't have internet, so he won't be online for a bit unless he uses his phone. We do have a hot spot that I'll go activate if he wants me to. I'll see him Sunday so I'll visit with him a bit then.

I know he hasn't been able to get on here and post like he used to. I've been wary about posting updates because I want to insulate the people he loves most from what I'm going through. I do log in here on a semi-regular basis, so I would encourage anyone who would like to receive more detailed updates to reach out to me. You are all so important to him, and because of that, to me.

:rose: YK
Thank you so much for taking such wonderfully good care of my favorite dusty old man. So glad he has you. :rose:

Thinking of SirW and YK - sending all my positive energy (and that's hard to do - I'm full of snark!). :heart::heart::heart:

I'm not one to post links, in fact I'm not very good at it, but I saw this short video and I wanted to share it.

Cancer is a cellfucker to the extreme, but no matter how hard it tries, it can not get to the very heart of love. In my work I see examples of the most beautiful love in the world. The kind of love that can and does hold no matter what cancer throws at them. The kind of love that Sir Winston and Yasashii Kaze are shining examples.

http://www.upworthy.com/if-you-dont...ght-as-well-break-up-with-them-now?g=2&c=ufb1

I just wanted to update everyone on SW. He was moved Wednesday to the VA hospice center where he most wanted to live. This new place doesn't have internet, so he won't be online for a bit unless he uses his phone. We do have a hot spot that I'll go activate if he wants me to. I'll see him Sunday so I'll visit with him a bit then.

I know he hasn't been able to get on here and post like he used to. I've been wary about posting updates because I want to insulate the people he loves most from what I'm going through. I do log in here on a semi-regular basis, so I would encourage anyone who would like to receive more detailed updates to reach out to me. You are all so important to him, and because of that, to me.

:rose: YK

My heart aches for you both :rose::rose::heart::heart:

As for me; after a two week holiday in Nova Scotia eating as much lobster as I could handle, I have rolled up my sleeves in more ways than one and am into my first round of chemo.

I don't know how many times I'll have to battle this bastard before he realizes I'm serious but I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to battle for as long as it takes to beat cancer back once more.

FYC

As for me; after a two week holiday in Nova Scotia eating as much lobster as I could handle, I have rolled up my sleeves in more ways than one and am into my first round of chemo.

I don't know how many times I'll have to battle this bastard before he realizes I'm serious but I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to battle for as long as it takes to beat cancer back once more.

FYC

Standing up and applauding you!!!!

Kick cancers butt!!

FYC

Cheering you on!

That's great Keroin! Thanks for sharing.

I've had a number of messages from folks expressing their happiness that I've completed my chemo treatments. I'm not out of the woods, in fact the next several months may be as difficult as the treatment period. The extent of my neuropathy and its capacity to affect my life hit me very directly last weekend. I can't feel much with my feet, so it's difficult to tell the difference between the brake and the accelerator pedals simply by feel. Last weekend I tried to stop in a parking lot but had my foot on both the brake and the accelerator at the same time. My car jumped the cement barrier/stop and I came within a few inches of driving right into a gas station's rest room. And it was occupied at the time.

I now am being driven everywhere I go, at least if I can't get there by bicycle. It's quite humbling.

This week I joined a men's cancer support group. It seems like a very cohesive group and helped me get a perspective on my situation. There's a 41-year old who has been fighting cancer for almost 7 years. And there are a couple of fellows who have beaten the cellfucker and have been free of it for almost ten years. Both have been attending the group for years to support their friends. I've never been part of such a group and already I feel a part of it. Good stuff and I highly recommend looking for a good group for survivors or patients or caregivers if that's your lot right now.

I hate having to post this, but once again cancer has entered my life.
My son's godfather has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

This year, I have seen this fucker take so much. I am without words.

Well maybe just three.

FUCK YOU CANCER

I hate having to post this, but once again cancer has entered my life.
My son's godfather has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

This year, I have seen this fucker take so much. I am without words.

Well maybe just three.

FUCK YOU CANCER

I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hug!

I've had a number of messages from folks expressing their happiness that I've completed my chemo treatments. I'm not out of the woods, in fact the next several months may be as difficult as the treatment period. The extent of my neuropathy and its capacity to affect my life hit me very directly last weekend. I can't feel much with my feet, so it's difficult to tell the difference between the brake and the accelerator pedals simply by feel. Last weekend I tried to stop in a parking lot but had my foot on both the brake and the accelerator at the same time. My car jumped the cement barrier/stop and I came within a few inches of driving right into a gas station's rest room. And it was occupied at the time.

I now am being driven everywhere I go, at least if I can't get there by bicycle. It's quite humbling.

This week I joined a men's cancer support group. It seems like a very cohesive group and helped me get a perspective on my situation. There's a 41-year old who has been fighting cancer for almost 7 years. And there are a couple of fellows who have beaten the cellfucker and have been free of it for almost ten years. Both have been attending the group for years to support their friends. I've never been part of such a group and already I feel a part of it. Good stuff and I highly recommend looking for a good group for survivors or patients or caregivers if that's your lot right now.

Glad you joined that group - sounds awesome.

Glad you joined that group - sounds awesome.

Thanks. I've been largely isolated from any other cancer patients or survivors (except my mother, who's fighting back for a second time) and getting to know a few guys with similar experiences will be a good thing for sure.

Thanks. I've been largely isolated from any other cancer patients or survivors (except my mother, who's fighting back for a second time) and getting to know a few guys with similar experiences will be a good thing for sure.

When it comes to war, there really is strength to be found in numbers. I am glad to know you are adding to yours.

:rose:

I'm not one to post links, in fact I'm not very good at it, but I saw this short video and I wanted to share it.

Cancer is a cellfucker to the extreme, but no matter how hard it tries, it can not get to the very heart of love. In my work I see examples of the most beautiful love in the world. The kind of love that can and does hold no matter what cancer throws at them. The kind of love that Sir Winston and Yasashii Kaze are shining examples.

http://www.upworthy.com/if-you-dont...ght-as-well-break-up-with-them-now?g=2&c=ufb1

Thank you for this. I have not laughed and sobbed this hard simultaneously in a while.

Nothing in the world
is as soft and yielding as water.
Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
nothing can surpass it.

The soft overcomes the hard;
the gentle overcomes the rigid.
Everyone knows this is true,
but few can put it into practice.

Therefore the Master remains
serene in the midst of sorrow.
Evil cannot enter his heart.
Because he has given up helping,
he is people's greatest help.

True words seem paradoxical.

Tao Te Ching
Stephen Mitchell translation.

:rose:

I've been gone for a while and come back to see so many friends fighting the beast.

Good thought and vibes to all of you!

FYC!

(my father passed last year at 83. Aside for surgery to remove it where possible, he decided to forego any other aggressive treatment and instead lived his life. He was lucky as he was able to live independently until the last 10 days where he lost consciousness and recovered it just enough for us to say goodbye. )

Back