The emotional aspects of BDSM

That's called "catharsis" and hopefully, he has a reasonable idea of how often you need to spend time and energy that way. Because it does take a toll! That feeling of hate? It might actually be PTSD developing. Please be aware and care for yourself.

I always wonder how a person can really tell when PTSD is happening to themselves or another. It's very hard to gauge the damage that can be done to someone, there is no exact science to it and PTSD itself is about unsubmerging it to deal with at another time. It's hard to know the trigger until it's pulled.

That's called "catharsis" and hopefully, he has a reasonable idea of how often you need to spend time and energy that way. Because it does take a toll! That feeling of hate? It might actually be PTSD developing. Please be aware and care for yourself.

Yeah, I love this stuff, but I treat it like cake icing. You don't want it to be your pet's feed.

Thanks Stella, I really do appreciate the concern. And yes that is exactly the word I was looking for last night. :rose:

Honestly, he doesn't do it all the time. I have been under some immense pressure this past year and I have taken a lot of weight on my shoulders. He pushes me when he knows I need to let it out. I hate to cry and so often I will just let the pressure build and build and build. He doesn't let me do that. And even though I know that it is good for me to have that moment to break and let it all go, I still hate it. And there is a part of me that hates him at those moments, those times when he won't let me just shoulder the pain, hurt, and stress and trudge along. Does that make sense?

Back