The Defenders Renewed (Group Thread Open To All)

Adam returns Cloe's smile each time she'd smile and thank him for only doing as his Uncle taught him too. 'Always be polite to women son, we wouldn't exist without em.' "I'll find it, even if I have dig to the bottom of the freezer." He didn't have to dig much it was only three deep, cupping his hands blows on them to warm them up again. Shaking his hands also.

Getting some napkins, large Ketchup packets and a couple of straws, he returns to spin chair about to sit down. "You're in luck I found quite and few, hid em at them bottom freezer. Slid her Smoothie across the table with a napkin and a straw. The pizza is just right as Adam couldn't resist a slice, taking a a few bites to finish the slice. Sticking the straw into his hi cal hi pro strawberry Smoothie takes an drink. "Ahh perfect! Been waiting for these awhile huh?." Eating a few fries with it.

"So, tell me about the jewellery you make." Cloe said, looking at his rings. "I was taught by to Silver Smith, well being Navajo inspiration surrounds us if we open our Spirit to see. Reaching out to place his big but manicured nailed hands in front of her "First you have to pick a hand, it's an old Navajo custom that will reveal something you'll have a need for."

She choose the left hand. The Wolf is direction, leadership, protection and destruction. The Eagle is divine spirit, creation and freedom. The Lizard is conservation, preservation. Now the right hand, Turquoise is Life, Tiger eye is, centered, practical and balanced. Opal is healing and calmness. Another slice is eaten in three bites as he never needs a napkin.

"Now you have to pick a favorite ring, so before you ask why?" Nods his head. "Navajo custom. You will receive something you will want this time. C'mon, my pizzas gonna get cold!" Adam grins mischievously as he takes a sip of his Smoothie while watching Cloe. He patiently waits to what to she has to say, leaving his hands where she can study the rings closely.

Last edited:
"Thank you," Cloe said, accepting the smoothie from Adam and taking a big gulp. She sighed heavily as it slid down her throat, the taste and heaviness of it a relief. She hadn't realised how hungry she was until she tasted the smoothie. She watched Adam, giving him her undivided attention as he describes each ring and it's purpose. They were each so beautifully crafted that she realised Adam must be quite talented.

When Adam asked her to pick a favourite ring a frown tugged at her lips.

"They are all so lovely, and they are all representative of something from nature," Cloe said to him, "Asking me to pick a favourite is like asking me to pick a favourite animal. So, I must judge based on what they represent rather than what form they are or what they are made of." Cloe speaks, thinking out loud. Her eyes run over all of the rings before settling on the lizard. "That one," Cloe says finally, "My entire life is about conservation and preservation, so I think the lizard is my favourite as it speaks to me the most." As she spoke her eyes ducked to the opal one. She has always adored opal, and she knew that she and a very close friend of hers could both use some healing and calmness right now. But when she met Adam's eyes her she merely smiled, making no move to change her mind.

COMMANDER POV

"That would be great Avery" John said turning on the hot water of the shower "If you dont mind... And thank you so much for picking up the slack today you were great!"

He wanted to say more but decided to keep it professional for now. Having a relationship around all the new people was still some thing he was going to have to get used to. He wanted them to feel comfortable doing the same (after all where else were super hero's going to find some one who understood them but with other super hero's) but also wanted them to understand how important professionalism was in a team. He resolved to talk to Avery about it later and then during the next training session get the proper code of conduct down.

He pushed those thoughts aside along with the millions of other things that could demand his attention and focus on his shower. He turned the water up extra hot and sighed letting it batter and rub some of the tension out of his body. He gave himself a well deserved soak and after wards morphed his costume into a simple pair of boxers before going into his living area.

He resisted the urge to open up COMS to Gregory and ask him how the OMNI mec was doing. If they had found any thing untoward he would have told him and it was as simple as that. Which meant more than likely there was NOT any thing to be found and he was going to have to get over it....

Easier said than done

THUNDERESS POV

Orror laughed at her words unable to stop her self from smiling cockily as they moved towards the training area.

"And do not be to shocked if I win" Orror said sparks dancing up and down her body as they finally entered the training area.

"Of course if its going to be a fair fight I should power up" Orror said lightly. She moved away from Glory and walked forward shrugging her jacket off and rolling her powerful shoulder muscles. She stopped slightly away from her and turned concentrating. Her eyes began to cloud over and went pure white just as the space above her head began to rumble. Impossibly storm clouds began to brew! Small but packed with power.

"I have not gotten the hang of this aspect of my powers" Orror said her voice tight with concentration "Hold for one moment"

A second later a bolt of lightening struck from the clouds. It hit her running over her body and caressing every last inch of her skin a she drank it in. The energy began to sink in storing inside of her body as her muscles bulged and grew. Her body seemed to flourish under the electric onslaught powering up to Glorys body type before finally stopping.

"There we go" Orror said as the storm cloud disappeared "I should be ready now... Are you?"

SPECTRE POV

David glanced over at said prison noting the powerful magic in place that kept the memories under lock and key. Of course this presented an entirely new conundrum for him... He could peek in but doing so might open up the memories to her and or break them lose. Of course what was she hiding there? It could be some thing he needed to see.

Then again

She looked... Fearful of them. If David had to wager a guess they were traumatic memories not secret ones. It would do her no good to travel down that path and so instead he focused on the ones that were available for him to view.

He scanned through them quickly confirming her story and that she was clear. In no time at all he was sliding out of her body appearing before her and his ghost form dissipating.

"Your clear" He said his voice suddenly weak "I hope you didnt find the process to bad" He said with a weak smile.

SPIDERS POV

"Down boy" Gregory said noting the way Darius was looking at Makoto and snorting "It is a pleasure to meet you Yadina"

"Please its just Yina" The girl said raising a hand "So where do you want POPS?"

"Uh right there" Spiders said turning and pointing at the hook up as he walked away from Makoto and Darius "Once he is slotted in we can begin the diagnostics"

HACKER POV

At Gregory's word Darius blushed glancing down and taking her hand.

"Sorry for that" Darius said his eyes rising up to meet hers once more "I just dont think I have ever met a woman as.... Sexy as you still I did not mean to openly stare like that... its a pleasure to meet you and be working with you"

He hesitated a second before bringing her hand up. He ran his lips against her knuckles kissing each one before dropping it and winking at her.

---Alexandria/White Witch---

The Arabian beauty looked up at the man David who peered into her mind. he had done what he said and respected her wishes. She curtsied with respect and replied."I thank you for not pushing through the prison and making me re live that.I promise to tell you all what transpired but it is still raw for me." She said as she leaned in and gave the man a soft kiss on the cheek.

She than turned to the hallways and shrugged."Where is your hearth to cook and eat?"

----Dr.Lynox the Shrinking Violet-----

Tabitha had stood on the platform in the secret bunker she was ushered too. It did not bode well to make on of the smartest minds on the planet wait in such a deary place. For what most thought mere minutes for a normal person, for Dr.Tabitha Lynox she had dissected the technology powering the computers, the computers even the pad in mere minutes. Her brain compartmentalized the various pieces moving then and reworking them and some of her other theories and works into them. By the time the all clear came Tabitha had come to the conclusion that these device could benefit from her micro-tech on top of the power cells pulling form the specs of mass she had pulled from Subatomia!

The men running the computers spoke to her threw the communicator. They told her she and her stuff was ready. Which with a microscopic laboratory full of her many devices. with a few other dozen little structures she had full of a variety of things like outfits, storage, and special/dangerous projects. When they asked her about her gear and personal effects she went over to the computers hacked her way in and added the proper algorithms to compensate for her shrinking technology. What was funny was as they powered up the teleporter she pulled out an old steno pad and began to right down the sensations of the whole ordeal. What she missed was the room going from one full of what seemed cobbled together computers to a well constructed streamlined pad with only one stand reminiscent of Star Trek.

She put away the steno-pad and slide her pen back into the pocket of the lab coat. She looked about the room and called out." Hello is any one here? I mean I was supposed to meet someone here to brief me on the base, its operations and let me get a work place up and going?" She said her blue eyes darting about behind small wired frames while her blonde hair bobbed in the pony tail that she had for a variety of purposes.

Adam.

Adam smiles watching Cloe enjoy her smoothie, only a woman can find pleasure in ways men just never would. It made him feel good that he made his friend Cloe smile again by just being nice. Feeling a twinge of guilt as the thought of his behavior didn't set right with him. After she tried to explain things truthfully without much without success. Adam just didn't like the feeling he'd made someone sad, especially when it's a friend he wants to keep. This going through his mind in milliseconds, yet the moment Cloe spoke his attention snapped back to her.

Listening closely her Aura spoke to him as much as her words were, as she compliments the workmanship he grins proudly. "Thank you Cloe, nice to hear my work's appreciated. Not only for the craftsmanship, but what it represents and represents to you as well." As Adam can't keep the grin from his lips as she picks the lizard, but his keen eyes see hers go to the Opal. Knowing exactly what ring she truly wants and what he's meant to do with it.

Cloe met Adam's eyes merely smiling, making no move to change her mind. His grin grew even wider as neither break eye contact, seeing her Aura is a shade of love for someone. Obviously it's not for him but it's for someone she wishes to have healing and calmness. Adam burst out laughing as he couldn't help but break eye contact. "What are you a Jedi Master?" Rubbing his eyes as they're burning a little. "I believe you could stare Darth Vader down if he were a real live Villain."

Without a word Adam takes his opal ring off to reach across the table, takes her soft hand putting it on her left ring finger. Being it's silver and he's stronger, according to Grey says the Spirit Wolf made them stronger. Squeezing the ring his keen eyes narrow till it gives and is sized to fit Cloe's dainty finger. "Peace and calmness is what you wish for yourself and another you love." Adam's grin shrinks to a friendly smile. "Trust me? The Great Spirit guides me and this belongs here my friend." Patting her hand gently before putting it back down on the table.

Last edited:
~ Cloe ~

Cloe smiled and nodded at Adam's expression of appreciation. Really though, there was nothing else she would have said, her compliments were the truth. She laughed at his comment about Darth Vader and looked away for a moment, her chest sprouting white flowers as her cheeks reddened.

Cloe's eyes widened as Adam removed his opal ring, slipped it onto her finger, and somehow adjusted the size to fit. A smile flashed across her face at something Peter had said early at not taking wanting her as a partner in a card game due to her terrible poker face, and she almost laughed as she realized that her poker face must have been terrible in this instance if Adam caught her glance towards the opal.

"Thank you Adam, this is so, so kind of you," Cloe said, trying to remain in the moment rather than sliding back into what had happened earlier that day in the greenhouse. She took a moment to look at the ring, admiring the finely wrought silver and the luminescent, multicoloured opal. A slight frown tugged at her lips and she looked up at him, appreciating shining in her eyes. "But I should not accept this. It is yours, you crafted it with so much of your time and effort for yourself," She said, slipping it off in her finger and holding it out to him in her open palm. "Plus I could not take care of it properly; I cannot wear jewelry, or even real clothes for that matter, if I am to access my powers properly."

Cloe's expression turned apologetic, but if she was to accept his gift she would need to be able to protect it. Her work with the Defenders would mean that she would not be able to wear it much, if at all, and she felt it would be disrespectful if she took it knowing this.

~ Avery ~

"I'll see you later," Avery whispered through the comms to John before she focused on David and the witch. Within moments David's posture changed; his body sagged as he stepped back and gave his approval of the woman's story.

"Thank you David," Avery said, patting David on the back gently. She then looked at the woman and offered her a hand to shake.

"Now, my call sign is Siren but my name is Avery. If you wish to spend some time with us, the Defenders, please feel free to. You have room and meals available to you here if you wish it-"

Avery was just about to offer the woman a tour of the base when an alert for the teleporter room came through the comms. Supressing a sigh she looked to David.

"Would you be able to give our guest a tour please? I have business to attend to," Avery said to David. She then returned her attention to the witch. "I hope to see you at dinner!"

Avery then walked the route to the transporter room. When she arrived she swiped the door open and looked at the new arrival. She was a pretty, petite woman with lovely blonde hair and vibrant blue eyes. Avery ran over a list of possible recruits that she had seen on the computer system earlier and a smile tugged at her lips; she remembered the dossier of this new hero vividly and had been hoping she would find her way to the base.

"Shrinking Violet I assume," Avery said, reaching a hand out in greeting, "My name is Avery, call sign Siren. Welcome to the moon."

----Alex/White Witch---

She left the woman with a curt bow before she walked towards the area she wanted. Once she got there she managed to find first food. In doing so she began to inhale variety of food. They lack of energy was astounding her body and its magical reservoir needed a recharge. This lead her to eat the fruit and other snack foods that were available.

As she did she headed over to where the man who talked to her was talking to a woman with strange complexion. She was going to go and sit but stopped not wanting to intrude on something that looked important.

-----Dr.Lynox-----

When the woman Avery came to greet her Tabitha smiled as she held out her hand."Hello Avery it is a pleasure to meet you. Sorry about the delay apparently you all had some sort of security issue. Which frustrating and I hope does not happen often was quite a burden"

The blonde gave a quick once over at the woman, whos' physique was quite admirable and one that if she was inclined to let her urged for a deeper inspection. She did not ask as it wasn't the right time. She instead turned her thoughts on to the structure.

"Now I know form the various schematics and other files that this is a self contained base with its own power source and a variety of areas meant to keep the place as a refuge for not only the superhuman response members but any other personnel and is a potential life boat if all earth saving protoicals are well extinguished. Which if the last one is not the case I have a plethora of possible ideas to make it that way. I mean granted I have only have had access to the files for a week but I think with a like microtech and some applied theories this place could even exist in a phase like pocket."

he spunky blonde did not stop for a minute as she continued."I mean granted to phase sync a structure and inhabitants of this size is about, at the current power and capacity an 88% success with a few microbatteries it could boost that up too 93%." She abruptly stopped realizing she was not letting her host speak and guide her that she blushed.

"Sorry Avery, its just I have so many ideas and questions. Sometimes I let my mind wander aloud and it tends to lead to things like, Oh I don't know hindering my guide from doing there job. So I sincerely apologize for such a thing, though I can't promise it won't happen again" She said falling back in stride with Avery. She hoped she didn't seem too much the super genius scientist, and more her nerdy self.

Tabitha jumped right into her discussion.

"No, no, not a common occurrence. Today is a very odd sort of day on the base, but welcome," Avery said, reaching for a data pad on the wall and swiping into her account on the Network to register Tabitha's arrival. The eager blonde started talking about the plans for the base and possible upgrades. Avery smiled and nodded through it all, and she couldn't help but laugh when the woman realised she had gone off on a tangent. Avery liked her already.

"Well, I will have to pass you on to the people who will be able to discuss all that with you," She said, "I am here more for the people than the base or the tech, so if you ever need someone to chat to feel free to hunt me down. That said, I have a feeling Spiders, Makoto and Darius are going to love whatever you can come up with."

Avery signed off the data pad and chucked it straight back into its holder.

"Now, we are all just about to have dinner. Would you like to come along, grab a bite to eat and meet the crew? I plan on doing a base tour after dinner for everyone who is new, so I can show you around then," Avery offered, her wings twitched as she tucked them in neatly behind her and she gave the other woman a bright smile.

Defenders' Lunar Base - Training Dome - Hanger 5

Glory set her bag down by the door as they entered the training area. She stood just a few paces in and looked around. "Damn. One hell of a Danger Room." The sheer space of the area was impressive but even more so was the way it had been split up into different environmental zones around a central round space.

The appearance of the storm clouds and Orror's eyes going all Evil Dead was freaky but also damn cool. Could she make those clouds shoot lightning? Bad ass! Would it rain? That could make things interesting too. She didn't really need any set up; she was Glory now and had the Staff of Ra in her hands, she was good. She considered changing back into her official outfit but shook her head, dismissing the idea. This was just letting off some steam and training, after all. No need for all that bling.

Glory waited through the dramatic power up sequence, her pretty face illuminated by the flashes of lightning. Orror had put on muscle from the electricity? Huh. How the hell did that work? Better be more than just making her buff though; Glory's strength was orders of magnitude greater than that of a muscular human woman.

At Orror's question, she nodded, "Yeah, I'm good. Let's go!" She leaped, jumping further and faster than a normal human could, her left hand going back and coming down in a arcing punch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Was his coding as straightforward and direct? Makoto felt her cheeks heat up from his compliments regardless of their boorish nature. "Anoo, thank you. But I'm sure I'm not the first woman you've said that too." He was dressed like a thug and thugs were players, or tried to be, in her understanding. "Let's just get to work, ne?"

She turned and walked to the frame Gregory had indicated. Once Pops got into place, she started to attach the leads, "I hope you don't mind me slotting you in, Pops-san. I'll be gentle."

Adam

Adam usually can't keep from grinning but, it's an important moment sharing part of ones spirit with another. Cloe's reaction is truly priceless laughter as pretty little while flowers open across her upper chest as she blushes. It made Adam chuckle as her deep brown eyes widened in surprise as he puts the opal ring on her finger. Putting his elbows on the table chin in his hands, leaning foreword to watch Cloe admiring the rings opalescence. "Thank you Adam, this is so, so kind of you."

A slight frown shows on her lips as she looks up at him appreciation shining in her eyes. His dark brown eyes met her eyes of a deeper brown hue. "You're most welcome, Cloe." Adam smiles, yet has a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as she says "But, I shouldn't accept this. It is yours, you crafted it with so much of your time and effort for yourself." She did unexpected it makes Adam feel sad, but it also makes him sad for her. As Cloe slips the ring off her finger and holds it out to him in her open palm. "Plus I could not take care of it properly, I can't wear jewelry, or even real clothes for that matter, if I am to access my powers properly.

Cloe's expression lets him know she is truly sorry. Yet Navajo tradition does not allow him to take back what is given, when a part of his spirit is within the gift. Adam reaches out taking her hands into his and folding Cloe's delicate fingers over the ring. Looking into her eyes a humble understanding expression on his face. "I cannot take back what is given, part of my spirit was given to you in the ring."

Last edited:
~ Cloe ~

Cloe bites her lip at Adam's words and nods slightly. She takes the ring back, slipping it onto her index finger and admiring the stunning flecks within it.

"Then thank you Adam," Cloe says with true appreciation, "I will wear it until I can find a safe place to keep it, somewhere I can look at it and remember not only what it means, but the kindness with which it was given."

"So what do you hope to achieve in your time here with the Defenders? What made you join?" Cloe asks as she sits back in her seat and smiles at the man in front of her.

Adam

Adam's smile widens into a happy grin as Cloe slips it on her index finger, he had no idea what finger a single woman wears rings. "You're welcome, again my flowery friend. I'm pleased to know you'll wear it when you can, you can always have a ward put on it. Uncle Jamison brought what he taught me back around full circle, by giving you that ring Cloe."

Adam chuckles as he speaks. "Uncle Jamison and my grandad would drive us boys out into the desert in my dads old Dodge 4x4 to camp. After our hunt and teachings of the day, we'd pile up like pups around the campfire to hear of his adventures. Adam goes silent as he's lost in memory a long moment before he finally snaps out of it.

"Well, as you heard saw and earlier with Avery concerning the Witch, I just wanted to help her. I want to be trained to become a team player, that can be trusted by team mates. So I can be an asset when it comes to fighting, any that would threaten people of the world. Picking up a slice of pizza he takes a bite and washes it down before continuing. My uncle Jamison was a Defender for a few years, as Nighthawk he was one hell of a Defender."

Pausing for a moment to give Cloe a chance to respond. "I went into his room just to be surrounded by his things, I find an envelope with my name on it. It read if you want to use your abilities to help the weak just go to these coordinates. Putting the letter back in the envelope this pin fell out, reaching into his right pocket pulling out an original Defenders pin out. Handing it to Cloe to look over to give her a chance to talk. Your turn Miss Cloe, better talk before I get going again like I just did."

Last edited:
SPECTRE POV

"It was my pleasure" David said nodding at Avery before they could say any thing more on the matter the alert for the teleportation room went off. David caught the look of surprise on Avery's face and just like that she was off to see who had dropped into their lap this time.

"Just like old times" David said shaking his head and smiling. He watched the young girl leave to go find some food and made his own way back to his room. Normally he would have gotten some food himself... but the events of the day were leaving him drained. His powers seemed to be taking more and more out of him as his condition deepened.

"Just a little while longer" David said as he stepped into his room and flopped down on the bed "I can't go..... not yet"

And with that he fell into a fretful sleep.

RUNNER POV

Maya stepped into the cafeteria fully awake after the alarms blast. The little adrenaline shot she got from panicking was coursing through her giving her a peppy step as she went over and rooted around for some thing to eat. She noticed the new girl off to the side and turned grabbing some water and protein bars and moving over to her.

"Hey" She said sliding down to sit "Your new right? So am I the name is Maya" she said her tone polite as she held out her hand.

THUNDERESS POV

Orror rose an eyebrow noting the overtly flamboyant way the girl was punching. She was not serious was she? Surely this was some kind of trick or mis direct?

She kept pressing the attack and finally at the last minute Orror moved to act. She reached her hand out catching the girls punch and using her own momentum against her. Her electric charge super charged her muscles granting her super strength as she brought Glory back down to earth hard.

She slammed her into the deck of the training area and sent a high powered course of electricity through her body. She was careful not to let lose to much aware that the sap in strength would diminish her super abilities. She jumped back after she was done eying the woman as a revelation dawned no her.

"You have not been in very man fights have you?" Orror asked a faint smile of amusement crossing onto her face as she looked her over.

YADINA AND POPS

Pops said nothing while Makato slid the clamps in. There was a click and whirl as he connected and seconds later telemetry and specs began to stroll across the screens.

"As a show of trust here is every thing that makes POPS POPS" Yadina said moving over to one of the computers and typing in a long string of code. There was a beep and seconds later the blue prints began to appear detailing the mods and original specs side by side.

"The only thing I never figured out was why POPS became so docile" Yadina said bringing up his core "I rebooted him after he crashed into my workhouse but I assume before that he was just like every other OMNI I dont know if it was the crash or the AI but he has been as gentle as a kitten since"

SPIDERS POV

"That is strange" Gregory murmured going over to look at the computer before turning to Makato.

"Makato you have had some experience with OMNI AI correct? Or at least your predecessor did during the war... Have you ever heard any thing like this happening?" He asked his tone curious.

Cloe settled in her seat and sipped at her smoothie as Adam told his story. She nodded along, knowing full well that many of the people who joined the team did so to help. His mention of Mother Earth particularly pleased Cloe. She knew that her own experience of the earth and his Navajo one would differ, but the essence of it was common ground between them. With all of the fighting and destruction going on, the earth could use all of the help it could get.

Cloe chuckled when Adam did, and her own mood turned sombre at the mention of his Uncle Jamison. She looked at the pin that he showed her, a frown tugging at her lips when she remembered it in pride of place on Jamison's chest.

"I only worked with your Uncle for a small time, but he was a magnificent man. Kind, strong, skilled in the way of his craft. His loss is a great disadvantage for our world," Cloe said, dipping her head respectfully.

Cloe considered Adam's question, asking why she joined the Defenders. She also supposed she had reasons for coming back too.

"I was young when I found my calling. I had just finished school when my parents and I were in the Amazon on a research trip. Whilst in the rainforest, I was approached by an earth spirit who called herself Gaia. She offered to teach me the ways of nature if I would vow to protect the nature in return. Of course I agreed; I couldn't think of anything I would rather do. So I trained with her for six months before the true strains of Jane and the Syndicate came to light, So Gaia told me to come here, to join this group. I did, and I remained here for around seven years working with the team and getting to know everyone. I was assigned to the eco watch, and because of this I got to do as I wanted; protect nature from the ravages of corrupt corporations and governments, but also managing the fall outs from the battles the Defenders engaged in." A flutter of a smile ghosted across Cloe's face as she thought about her old days in the Defenders.

"But I feel this time may be different. Despite the many wonderful, brave people like yourself who are joining our ranks, our numbers are a fraction of what they used to be. It may be that I must join overwatch now, take a more active and offensive role in the war for our world. It should be play though, as I have honed my craft over the years and should be of use to the team in this way."

Adam

"That's an amazing beginning to be trained by a spirit of Gaia herself Cloe. This brings Adam to mind Jamison would tell Cloe himself had he been here. But the next best thing is right across the table from her willing to speak to her about the Navajo women. "I have to tell you something, Jamison's spirit is really pressing me to say more. Yet he doesn't have enough energy to continue to keep in contact. Some women living in Navajo City are in need of guidance." He felt the spirit of his uncle stop pressing him to say more. "That was unusual."

"But I feel this time may be different. Despite the many wonderful, brave people like yourself who are joining our ranks, our numbers are a fraction of what they used to be. It may be that I must join Overwatch now, take a more active and offensive role in the war for our world. It should be play though, as I have honed my craft over the years and should be of use to the team in this way."

"Yeah ole uncle J, as all us kids called him. He and grandad were the first to make sure the girls got the chance to be braves with us and later on Warriors as well. You spoke of Defender ranks being a fraction of what they once were. A resource in Navajo women are now powerful. They need to meet a female Defender I know up here, so they don't go out on their own. Before you join Overwatch these young women need your advice on Earth." That was what the spirit Adam's uncle was pressing upon him so urgently for him to say.

Last edited:
Cloe felt flattered by Adam's request. She thought of going back down to earth to meet some of the women in his tribe. She had always thought that the Navajo were a matriarchal society; but with the world the way it was right now she wouldn't be surprised if they were suffering from some of the same culture shock that many other indigenous cultures around the world were.

"I would be honored to meet the family and friends of yourself and Jamison," Cloe said with a respectful nod. She smiled at Adam as she returned to her smoothie.She could hear the whirs and clicks of the spiders in the food prep area and she knew dinner wouldn't be too far away.

----Alexandria----

Alexandria put the food on the plate and held out her hand. She took Mayas' as she chewed and sought to gulp it down. It was rude in all sense of the word. In doing so she blushed slightly embarrassed.

"Sorry, Yes I am new. Kinda popped in today. I am Alexandria" She said as she smiled a wide smile. This woman seemed nice and friendly. As she did she let her hand come up and brush her loose strands of hair away. She gave a goofy smile as she gestured for them to head to a table.

"Care to take a seat?"She said .

-----Shrinking Violet------

Tabitha blinked and looked about." That's great, still the teleportation aspect could be better. Also I need someplace to set up my stuff. Cause i would love to go to the.. Is it a cafeteria like a school or a mess hall like the military, Any who I would hate to have someone accidentally trigger one of my micro labs and make it expand in the mess." She said as she pulled out a small metal dome from one of her pockets. this dome was a perfectly articulated lab that fit in the palm of her hand.

"Shrinking is not necessarily a new thing but it sure does help with space" She said with a slight giggle. When she looked over at Avery she gave her a wink as she looked about before she stopped.

"So aside from the saving the world and working on amazing and fantastically things is there to do up here. I imagine it would get boring otherwise. How about you I bet you like to swim, I mean those curves you have are amazing....er...I mean you look like you work out..I..wow sorry I should let things settle better before I try to flirt with you. To think I would be so brash without knowing you or your base policies better. Sorry, I tend to stay in my lab. So lets just brush that awkwardness off." She said in a long block of conversation before she began to put her lab back in her pocket before she pulled out a small wrist computer. She put it on and began to type away. With ease she accessed the computer network with it she put up the schematics of the base and highlighted a few dozen areas.

"I think I have the areas that would work if I can use them?" She said looking up as she brushed under the rug her pathetic attempt at flirting. She would hopefully try again later I mean Wings! What sort of erogenous zones did they hold, not only that her scans of her body could be quite well fascinating. that and the fact that she had quite the amazing physique that would be intriguing seeing her toes curl in an exhilarating orgasm,still that would have to wait for later, her labs and equipment needed to be set up before the good doctor can play.

Defenders' Lunar Base - Training Dome - Hanger 5

Glory blinked up at Orror from the floor. That had happened fast. And she'd felt it. Damn! The proud African woman knew how to fight and Glory, well, Glory knew what Lisa knew. And Lisa had a few fights, she was from Philadelphia, but she'd never had long term or in depth training.

She could be in trouble. But she wasn't beat and she sure as hell wasn't going to give up. Her golden eyes were fierce, "Enough to know," her left hand snapped out to grab one of Orror's ankles, "you should stand out of range when you run your mouth." She didn't rise but simply flung the other woman with all her considerable might towards the urban environment area.

Then she rolled to her feet and blasted after her, flying through the air with the power of the Staff of Ra. Glory charged at full speed, intending to bull rush the lightning wielder into (possibly through) a wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Makoto crossed her arms under her breasts, head tilted to one side as she looked at the data flowing in front of them. She nodded slowly after a few moments, "There were rumors that the OMNI were not all in favor of war, that some wanted to pursue their rights in other ways. These objectors supposedly tried to minimize the atrocities of their comrades."

She looked over at the others in the hanger, "But I have no certainty of that. There were sometimes reports of OMNI fighting each other or some units turning on another in battle, but I have never seen record of a confirmed account of that."

Adam

"I would be honored to meet the family and friends of yourself and Jamison."

"Cool, I can hardly wait to see the looks or their faces." A smile and a moment later Adam sat quietly studying Cloe. Seeing not the defender, his hero just the woman herself. Adam see's she would be a great person, with or without the amazing abilities she had. "It's just the young women you'll be meeting, their the ones that need your insight and knowledge the most."

Adam props an elbow on the back of the chair laying his head in his left palm. Sighing as he didn't think of telling her sooner. "I worry one or two might try going it alone. I should have said something to you before now, Cloe."

"This is a weird way to change the subject. So, jump in anytime, so I don't go on and on. My only living relative is my Grandad, who's showing no sign of slowing down soon." Adam breaks out in a fit of laughter over his grandads personality, till tears ran down his cheeks. Gathering himself together, it dawns on him what he would want him to do as well.

"It's looking like I'm meant to be a defender, you're my friend yet you feel like family." He gives her time to reply. "Feels like my families the Defenders now, I have finally found my true calling." Adam breathes a sigh of relief as a heavy burden was lifted off his shoulders, as this decision troubled him since uncles Jamison's letter, it felt good to finally be at ease.

Last edited:
THUNDERESS POV

The throw surprised the African Queen and within moments she was flying through the air and passing rows of houses in the fake urban setting. Orror landed on her feet her boots digging into the ground as she slammed her fist down and dug into the ground. Her fall jerked to a stop and she rose sparks running down her body as it sought out to repair any damage done.

Orror rose her eyebrow when the girl tried to bull rush her and slam her into the wall. That sort of thing worked fine in the movies....

But in real life it was another story

She came at her full force using her considerable speed to rush her. Orror forced her self to stay still and waited until the very last second to move. She side stepped the girl letting her slam into the wall and through it as she disappeared into the building. Orror stepped in after her sparks forming on her hands as she ran at her.

"You would do well not to get your self caught in a enclosed space" Orror growled shoulder charging her into another wall.

"Especially when you are so untrained" Orror said ducking her attack and punching her right in the stomach. The electricity running through her body super charged her and even though her punches weren't on John's level they were enough to be felt. Orror sent a steady blast of electricity through her forcing her back.

And then she slapped her ass

Just for fun

"Keep this up and I am going to win and pin you" Orror said laughing in pleasure "Do you want your head to be between my thighs that much?"

RUNNER POV

"Oh no its fine" Maya said smiling at her and munching on his own food "We are all friends here" She said her eyes wandering down and checking her out. She blushed however and moved her eyes back up looking at her as she kept eating.

"So have you decided to stay with us?" She asked her curiously "You seem... well equipped" She said blushing at the semi flirting comment.

HACKER POV

"Fascinating" Darius said coming over to stand by her and studying the data "He might be the key to figuring it all out"

He cocked his head slightly eyeing her for a few minutes before turning back to the data. He was about to say some thing more but his phone beeped an alert.

"Shit thats the data we got from the Data Server heist" Darius said pulling out his phone "Gregory can I-"

"Go ahead" Spider said moving from his chat with Yadina and over to his own computer "We got this"

"Thanks" Darius said smiling and glancing at Makato "so see you later?" He asked with a sexy smirk.

Defender's Lunar Base, Training Room - Hanger Five

Glory reeled back, her muscles burning and aching fromt he voltage pouring through her as it heated and seared her flesh. Her cheeks burned in another way; from embarrassment at how easy she was being manhandled at from the blatant come ons of the other woman, "Nothing's over yet! You're hot and all, but I don't put out for just any reason, you know."

Wait, what? That should have been a more firm rejection. She wasn't into girls...was she?

She shook her head and drew on the power of Ra. "Your electric tricks are real neat, but I got a few of my own." Heat and light began to pour off of her, her body heating to hundreds of degrees in the space of a few heartbeats. "Storms are powerful, no doubt, but I carry the power of the Sun, bitch!"

She rushed to the attack again, using the Staff of Ra as a weapon to keep Orror out of arms reach. She brought the top end down in a swing and then stepped to the right and snapped it back, bringing the butt of it up in an attempt to drive it into the weather witch's stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Makoto looked at Darius out of the corner of her eye. He just didn't seem the type to say the word 'fascinating' like that. Was there more to him than it seemed or was he trying to play intellectual?

She could feel his eyes on her as she moved to physically inspect POPS; her skilled hands moving over the OMNI's frame and her keen eyes picking up reams of information. This unit had seen battle; against humans or its' own kind? Makoto had always wondered about those reports. After all, if the OMNI truly were sentient, then it only stood to reason there were those who disagreed. And yet there was still a tremendous question as to whether they were sentient or not.

"Your repairs are impressive, given the supplies at hand, Yina-chan." She couldn't help but use the familiar term. The girl was adorable. "It's hard to tell what caused the original damage. POPS-san, do you...remember anything?"

At Darius question, she glanced back at him. On impulse, she bent over to pick up a tool from the floor, giving everyone in the hanger a good look at her ass as her tight costume stretched taut over it. She wasn't sure why she'd done that. She really shouldn't have. A faint blush was on her cheeks when she stood back up, "It's a small base, I imagine you will."

Then she turned back to the OMNI, "So POPS-san, if you don't mind, I'd like to, ah, get under your hood and take a look. I'll be gentle, I promise. I know I should have gotten you a drink first, at least, but I'll make it up to you, ne?"

~ Avery ~

Avery listened to Tabitha as she dug herself a hole as far as the 'flirting' was concerned. Avery merely chuckled at it, well used to having people comment about her body in some form of another (but usually about her wings).

"Please, lead the way," Avery said with an amused smirk as she fell gestured towards the corridor ahead. "We still have plenty of bedrooms free so you can almost take your pick, and you are also welcome to take one of the spare labs as your own."

As they walked Avery let Tabitha take the lead. She obviously already had a good idea of the layout of the base from the schematics she had been given.

"As for what we do up here, it is mostly training at the moment. We have a top notch training arena. We have a good rec room too, and we always end up with something to do for fun. Mostly I have enjoyed the company of others, in the old days we could spend so many nights sitting in the rec room talking. It was quite a chore to go to bed sometimes," Avery explained as they walked, "And as for base policies in regards to... Well, relationships. The Defenders is a group full of adults, and that is how we expect people to act. Flirting, flings, relationships... It's all a natural part of life. You wont find the Commander or myself intervening unless it starts effecting operations."

They arrived at one of the rooms and Avery waited for Tabitha to head in and settle her belongings in her room before they continued on to the mess hall.

"I do hope you'll forgive me for seeming to be in a bit of a rush," Avery said, "We've had a busy day and I am aware that if we don't get to the Mess and check on the spiders' progress there may be a riot. I find the Defenders are usually a group who like their food," Avery added by way of explanation.

When they get to the mess hall it is to see Cloe and Adam sitting at a table and sipping on some shakes, and also Maya and Alexandria already getting a start on the food. Seeing that the cafeteria section had several bain-maries full of steaming hot food at the ready, Avery pressed her finger to her ear and opened up a station-wide comms.

"Attention Defenders; Dinner has been served." She announced in a peppy tone, before gesturing over to the food.

"Now, time to eat. I will introduce you to the others when we sit down," Avery said as they walked over and she grabbed two plates. One for her and one for John. She piled John's high with food and then left it to sit in one of the microwaves for a while, and then got her own sorted.

~ Cloe ~

Cloe can't help but smile at Adam's revelation and the conviction in his words. It had been a long day by anyone's standards. She could very clearly remember her first day on the base; it had been nowhere near so busy, and there had been many other people to help orient her with the site and the organisation.

"I am glad you are content with your decision to be here," Cloe said to Adam with a gentle smile, "The Defenders is a great family to be a part of."

A few moments later Avery and a new woman walked into the Mess. Cloe's head was spinning with all of these new people, and she wondered how on earth she would remember all of their names. Nevertheless it was a good thing; they needed the numbers right now. They couldn't defeat Jane and the Syndicate with only a handful of people.

Adam

"I am glad you are content with your decision to be here" Cloe said to Adam with a gentle smile. "The Defenders is a great family to be a part of."

Adam listened as Cloe expresses herself on his being content to stay. And the Defenders are a great family to be part of. Taking a deep breath letting it out slowly recalling his day, the Funeral of uncle Jamison and telaporting to the Moon Base. A near death experience, the stress of a Omni alert, frustration over a Witch, the day had finally caught up with him.

"Well, this decision was already made for me when Jamison told his stories." +Greywolf rumbles. Knew we're meant to be here, took you long enough. -You're right Grey, a visit of the Spirit Wolf should have been convincing enough- "I just hadn't realized it yet, Cloe."

A few moments later Avery and a new woman walked into the Mess. Looking the direction Cloe is, Adam grin's lifting a finger salute to Avery. Nodding he'd acknowledge the woman with her, giving her Aura a good look it glows with intelligence. "Not speaking of Avery obviously, but there's another I don't stand a chance with whatsoever.

"Cloe, know what hell truly is to a guy? Giving her a chance to think on his question a bit. "Being a Priest and trapped on a desert island with a beautiful Lesbian." Adam chuckles at his joke, at the same time his stomach growls like a angry Bear. ''Time to feed the beast!" Seated backward on the chair he stands up from the chair, asking Cloe if she wants anything before going."

"Attention Defenders. Dinner has been served." She announced in a peppy tone, before gesturing over to the food.

"You heard the Lady!" Grey's voice rumble from Adam's mouth. If it didn't make Cloe laugh out what will, Adam can't for having to cough into his sleeve as he's heading to the serving line. Gets two plates selecting a variation of vegan foods to put on her plate. Then loads a plate up with everything he likes the best. Getting two sets of plastiware and a XL iced tea for himself and a Med hot Chi tea. Returning to their table serving Cloe and takes his seat.

"Hope you like some of the assortment of vegan food and drink." Opening his plastiware Adam digs into his Dinner. Coming up for air a moment. "Think I moved fast enough to suit Grey?" Damn if Grey doesn't do it again. "If it gets our hunger sated, then you did so."

Last edited:
-----Alexandria-----

the Egyptian beauty looked at the ebony skinned woman and blushed a bit as she bit into a bit more food. granted overhead the dinner chime piped in setting the tone of the room. Here the mess would flood with Defenders seeking to fill their bellies full of much-needed sustenance. Alex herself needed food for a variety of things not only nourishment for her body but for her soul and her mystical reservoir.

Staring at this woman."Wel,l I haven't quite decided exactly what to do. I have a personal quest to slay a demon. Allies never hurt. As for my equipment, I am a bit rusty since I returned" She said looking at the women with a sly smile.

----Tabitha----

The scientist nodded as she headed a room and placed her domes down. these small portable labs made her life a bit easier as the various projects and well near limitless storage space allowed for a variety of opportunity. Heck all her possessions were literally in the palm of her hands thanks to the ground breaking technology that she had founded.

She looked at her tablet and quickly began to map a route to one of the labs. doing so brought her past several other places stopping in front of a room that seemed to have a group of people within. She peeked in through the glass observing the things left within. What she would do with such things she didn't know quite yet but her mind would not get dulled here that was for sure.

THUNDERESS POV

"Power will only get you so far Goddess of Rao" Orror reminded her as she watched the girl activate her powers and heat up. The battle was finally getting interesting!

She came at her still power and bluster. Of course now she was more dangerous and so Orror proceeded with caution. She used the staff smartly this time mainly to keep her out of reach. Orror let her backing her up and up until they were close to a solid looking wall....

Glory drove the staff aiming it directly at Orror's belly. Orror smiled and waited until the last minute before pivoting to the side. The staff slamed into the wall crumbling it and sending lose brick tumbling in a shower. Orror acted swiping two in mid air and side arming them at her with the full force of her enhanced muscles. Taking advantage of her momentary surprise Orror leaped tacking the young woman and sliding up so her face was in between her thighs.

"I told you if you want to be in between my thighs so much all you had to do was ask" Orror remarked chuckling and grinding her pelvis against her face.

YADINA AND POPS

Yina laughed at that shaking her head "He wont mind he is nice and easy"

Pops gave an indigent beep at that which caused Yadina to laugh more. The young girl patted the machine fondly before turning unzipping her jump suit.

"I know you foreigners can be how you say.... uptight but I do my best work in the nude" Yadina told them shrugging out of her jump suit. Underneath it she didnt have a stitch of clothing on.

"Now all we need is some music" The girl said letting her hair fall out of its pony tail and fluffing it "But I suppose we should try to focus on clearing pops here"

"Uh yeah" Gregory said his tone a little nervous "Uh Makato I am looking at the logs now.... Seems POPS earliest memory is of waking up with Yadina"

"I noticed that as well" Yina said jumping in as she moved over to peek at Gregorys screen. This of course pressed her breast directly against Gregorys back.

"It seems like he suffered a hit that directly screwed up his memory banks" Yina said pointing at one of the bullet wounds on POPS body.

RUNNER POV

"I see" Maya said nodding at her words "Well whether you do or not its a pleasure to meet you"

She smiled at her and then turned seeing Avery coming in and getting her self some thing to eat. She noticed John wasnt with her and frowned wondering if the commander was okay. She rose up waiving at Avery and letting her know she had a seat with them if she needed one.

Back