The Defenders Renewed (Group Thread Open To All)

COMMANDER POV

"I see" John said glancing back at Avery and frowning "I always hated this magic stuff you never knew what you were dealing with"

He sighed his costume morphing back into his body as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He decided (as he often did when it came to magic) to put aside the mystical bull shit and instead focus on the person. He didnt know the woman but at the same time she seemed like a good person. She was being honest or at least it seemed like she was and if she was fighting a demon......

"Here is whats going to happen" John finally said leaning down and grabbing the cuffs "I am going to take these off and then you can tell me the full story after that we can see about this moon blade your speaking off"

He reached down snapping the cuffs off and putting them back on the pedestal they came from. He helped her up turning to Avery at the same time.

"Avery lets-"

Before John could finish a long alarm blast went out over the speaker. The lights suddenly shut off emergency red lighting coming on as the vault began to seal. Johns eyes widened in shock and he grabbed Avery and the new girl throwing them both through the vault door before he jumped through himself.

"EMERGENCY BETA EMERGENCY BETA LOCK DOWN INTIATED"

"OMNI MECH IN TELEPORTER ROOM THREE THIS IS NOT A DRILL"

"No......" John said his eyes widening as he glanced at Avery "This cant be.... we destroyed them all!"

Memories of the war came back, that horrible war that had almost left the world black and taken the combined might of the defenders to stop. Names of the people he had lost under his command came back to him as did the rage.

"Never again Avery keep the new guys back!" He growled his costume morphing over his body "NEVER AGAIN!"

And with that he took off digging into the ground as he launched himself forward and towards what he considered the ultimate enemy.

SPIDERS POV

"Uh sure" Gregory said blinking at Glorys words. Wow she was commanding! Gregory mind flashed at all the things she could command him.....

He shook his head dispelling those thoughts and clearing his throat "I just need to find him" Gregory murmured fishing out his phone and pulling up the chiefs COM to let him know Glory needed to speak to him.

But he never got the chance

"EMERGENCY BETA EMERGENCY BETA LOCK DOWN INITIATED"

"Oh no" Gregory said his eyes widening as he heard the message "This is bad"

He raced over to one of the consoles embedded into the hallway as he began to activate the security protocols his mind flashed back to his parents and their old war stories. Thankfully he had been born right after the OMNI war and hadnt had to go through "the hell" as his father put it. Even still he heard plenty of stories and even though his parents found happiness with one another there was always some thing never quite right with either of them. He would some times catch them staring out the window spacing out as if they were some where else. His dad managed to shake it off but his mom.... his mom would always shudder and come hold him just a bit tighter.

"We need to go to one of the emergency bunkers" Gregory told them turning "The Commander is moving to engage now"

THUNDERESS POV

"I do not run" Orror said the minute Gregory finished speaking "I have not fought OMNI before but we are defenders now yes?"

"The commander is moving to engage it" Gregory said shaking his head "All other personal are supposed to go to the emergency bunkers"

"And the commander is going to face one of the greatest threats humanity has ever faced on its own?" Orror asked raising an eyebrow "No you go I will assist"

"Are you with me?" Orror asked ignoring Greg's flustered words and turning to Glory and Peter "We could use you Peter you have fought these machines before yes?"

ADIYNA AND POPS

Teleporter room three was a little cramped

POPS and Yina appeared smack dab in the middle of the room coming with enough energy to scorch the floor underneath them. Pops immediately tried to raise his head only to smack the ceiling and cower.

"Its okay pops" Yina told him opening his chest and sliding out of the seat "Just relax until we get you some where with some space for you"

She patted the machine fondly and turned looking around "Here we are" She murmured her eyes dancing with delight as a big shit eating grin split over her face.

It was short lived

"I was afraid of that" Yina murmured shaking her head and turning to pops "Well what did you expect! Before you became all nice you were kind of a evil dude"

Pops gave a series of whirls and clicks his tone sad

"I know I know! Your a changed man! Just.... just try not to look threatening as I talk things over with whoever is coming" Yina told him pointing for him to sit. POPS did causing the room to shake slightly as they both waited for some one to come in.

Defender's Lunar Base - Teleportation Antechamber to Teleporter Room 3

The work was progressing well but she needed more raw material to completely finish her work. Gregory had never responded to her request for garbage. The new recruits or the Commander must have him busy. Makoto turned to leave and get it herself; the nanites didn't need supervision when they had a program to work off of, after all. She stepped out of the antechamber with a soft footfall.

There was the scent of ozone and then a burst of light, a rush of heat, the shriek of tormented metal, and the stink of burning plastic and wire from the last of the three teleporter rooms. Her own cry of alarm was lost in the noise and she turned her head away from the painful flash.

Her ears were ringing as she turned her face back. What had happened? There's no way there should have been that kind of major systems mal-

Her violet eyes went wide and her mouth dropped open. An OMNI. An OMNI? Here? The killing machine lurched back and a panel in it's chest opened up, a young woman springing out. She seemed to be speaking to the mech, though being temporarily deafened by the ringing in her ears, the Japanese hero couldn't make it out.

She didn't need to. An OMNI. And a damned sympathizer. How many of them had led their fellow humans to death in the war? They were so fucked. All it had to do was blow a hole in the hull and everyone not behind one of the auto bulkheads died; those left got to starve to death as there would be no way to reach the teleporters or get back to Earth.

See, this was the problem with a moon base. And she was the only one right here to stop it.

There were any number of weapons she could use to blow it apart or slag its' internal circuitry, but she wasn't wearing the command crown that stored her schematics and those weapons would take time to build. A fully loaded OMNI could blast its way through the walls here in thirty seconds. She didn't have time. Not enough to build a weapon that might stop it.

This second life had been nice. And at least she'd met Avery and John again.

"OMNI, anta korosu!" She charged, running as fast as she could. If she could touch it, she could spread nanites on it and order them to start breaking the mechanical monstrosity down, "OrrrYAA!" The traitor or the machine's weapons would probably cut her down first, but she might at least lay a hand on it first.

Defender's Lunar Base - Atrium

Glory pulled the shrunken form of the Staff of Ra from behind her ear as the alarm blared, willing it to grow back to full size, "What the hell?"

"Well fuck me running." An OMNI? Those were all destroyed...guess not. Gregory was talking about some bunkers or something, tapping away on his phone. She shook her head, "Yeah, get safe, Greg baby."

The voice on the speaker said it was at the teleporters; the one place here she'd been and knew how to get to.

Glory was already running back the way she'd came when Orror asked if she was with her, "With you? Better catch up, Queen O, or there won't be anything left for you to fight!"

Big talk. She was actually a bit afraid. Erotisi was the only thing she'd come up against so far that she couldn't handle, everything else had been kindergarten easy. But an OMNI? ...It'd be a hell of a fight either way.

And she might get to find out if she could survive in space after all.

Avery listened to John's plan for the woman and thought that he must be in quite a good mood to go easy on such a stranger. That said, they did have David on the team and he could ascertain the truth of her story when he returned. Avery had also watched her closely while she spoke, and the magic user had appeared to be telling the truth. Still, they had no idea of what she was capable of (other than teleport into a heavily armoured room on a top secret moon base), so when John removed the cuffs Avery was somewhat surprised.

John was just about to say something when all hell broke loose.

The sound of an alarm boomed into the vault and could be heard coming from all of the speakers on base. The magic vault started to seal itself off and John quickly case herself and the other woman through the doors and leapt through himself. A moment later John barked an order and was barelling down the hall. Her teeth gritted as he went off alone, but she knew she had to watch this intruder and ensure the new members were safe. She realised then that they hadn't gone over the emergency procedures in their orientation. It was an oversight, potentially deadly, and she would not make that mistake again.

"You, come with me. Make one wrong move and you will be incapacitated!" Avery snapped to the woman beside her, she then started walking in a very brisk pace back towards the rec room. "The OMNI mechs made up a force that almost destroyed civilisation as we know it. We, the Defenders, thought we destroyed them all. Apparently not."

Avery then put her hand to her ear;

"Spiders, start gathering up the new recruits and engage support systems in the emergency bunker. Old Defenders on comms, report position immediately. Commander is headed for bay 3 now and requires back up. I will see the new recruits to safety and then join you. Spiders, you're to assist me," Avery barked through comms. Then, changing channel, her voice cut through the alarm. "All new recruits to report to the rec room immediately. This is an emergency situation. Report to rec room immediately!" Then she cut the comms and the emergency announcement resumed. Avery then broke into a run, assuming the woman beside would follow, and they arrived at the rec room a minute later to see who was there.

Defenders' Lunar Base, Mess Hall

POV Lynx and Wind Hunter

(about fifteen minutes before the general alarm goes off)

"I see great minds...and empty stomachs...think alike," Lynx said, a hint of amusement in her voice as she walked into the mess hall and saw Alya seated at the table, the tiger stretched out beside her on the flor.

"I guess the day is just catching up with me," Alya said with a smile. "Will you join me, please?"

Alya grabbed a container of yogurt and a bottle of water before sitting at the table. "Have you remembered something else?"

"Not exactly," Alya replied, glancing down at the tiger on the floor. "Parkhala wants me to show you something."

"Oh?" Lynx said, her interest perking up as she took a bite of her yogurt.

"I've know you've seen Parkhala walk through walls and disappear," Alya began. Lynx nodded wordlessly. Seeing the tiger do that had definitely sparked Lynx's curiosity, and she formulated several theories on how the tiger could do that without setting off the multiple alarms on the base.

"Sometimes he takes me with him," Alya told Lynx. Lynx raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

"Until a couple of years ago," Alya continued, "I was fairly content in my life. I knew I was different, of course," the young girl said with a smile. "After all, I had a tiger as a companion, which would be unusual enough as it is. But this was a tiger who could walk through walls, come and go as he pleased, and seemed impervious to whatever the authorities tried to do to detain him. I was coming into my powers but learning to use them, to blend them in with my being. I had a good instructor, and there is no better place to be at peace with yourself than at the base of the roof of the world."

"That's when my sister found me. I love my sister, of course," Alya continued, "But we are two different people, and she makes a number of assumptions about me that I think have more to do with what she wants in the world than how the world really is. To be truthful, I think I would have developed faster and more powerful if she had not discovered my existence for a couple of more years." Alya reached down and stroked the tiger. "I think Parkhala understands my frustration at times, and so when he disappears, he occasionally takes me with him."

"Takes you with him?" Lynx said, her voice going up a half octave in surprise.

"Nobody knows about this except me and him. And now you," Alya added. The younger girl stood up as she and tiger walked toward a nearby wall. "Would you like to see where we go?"

Lynx stood up, her heart pounding, but she nodded wordlessly. Alya extended her hand and Lynx grabbed it. Alya put her other hand on the tiger's head and the trio walked into the wall and disappeared.

A few minutes later, after their disappearance, an alarm sounded, announcing that an old enemy had suddenly materialized into the middle of the Defender's Lunar Base.

Defender's Base, Corridors

Cloe and Adam were almost to the Mess when the alarm went off. Her stomach tightened at the sound of it, and her face paled when she hard what the threat was. Mechs. They were supposed to have been destroyed. Cloe then hear Avery's words through the comms and she bit her lip. Cloe put a hand out and placed it on Adam's arm, stopping their progress down the hall.

"Natura reporting in, in Mess and Rec room corridor. Currently with Adam," Cloe said into the comms, tone all business.

"Copy that Natura," Avery replied immediately, "Please head to the rec room immediately. I will meet you there."

"Alright Adam, you would probably be best sticking with me," Cloe announced. "We're heading to the rec room. When we are there we will probably gather more new recruits and then head to the emergency bunker."

Defenders Base Corridors

Adam winces as the alarm sounds, Cloe puts her hand on his arm he'd stops in his tracks. Not saying a word until the alarm went silent he unstopped his sensitive ears. Seeing a Defender pale only mirrors what he feels inside, setting his jaw trying hard to keep from shifting. This is the worst timing for shifting Grey will want to fight

+Grey rumbles to Adam breath, we're in good hands, calm your self it's going to be fine+

Inwardly cursing his self control as the surge of adrenaline set off a fight or flight instinct. It causes his eyes to shift into those of a wolf, teeth elongate into sharp fangs, nails into long claws and ears grow longer and pointed. Not listening to whoever Cloe's talking to on Com's, keeping his head down the long dark hair hiding his face. -Adam focuses on Grey's words to stop the shift at this point- He hopes the bunker's big enough as Grey did not like small spaces and may shift.

"Natura reporting in, in Mess and Rec Room corridor Currently with Adam."

The tone she used was all business under control and above all calm. Just what he needs.

"Alright Adam, you would probably be best sticking with me." Cloe announced to him and he nods understandingly, without looking directly at her with his face like this.

"We're heading to the rec room. When we are there we'll probably gather more new recruits and then head to the emergency bunker."

Running as he spoke. "Fine by me." Gritting his teeth before speaking. "The surge of adrenaline coursing through my veins, it's not easy to control myself." Fangs altering his speech a little Adam hopes Cloe doesn't notice. She's too smart to fool.

Last edited:
ADIYNA AND POPS

Things went to shit fast

Yina knew that there was bound to be some trouble bringing POPS onto the defenders main base. He was after all OMNI a monstrous relic of a war that had touched every one on the base in some way. She contemplated building her own teleporter at first going up and clearing the way for POPS to come up and be safe. However a lack of schematics and blueprints made that next to impossible even for her natural abilities.

At least not without using POPS

OMNI were known to incorporate short rang "Jump" type teleports into the later models. Of course it was only designed to cover short distances and not say a jump to the moon.

But Yina was at her best over clocking tech

"Stop!" Yina called out seeing a girl charging in "Were friendly we are friendly!"

Pops reacted, both to her heightened stress and to the woman running towards him. His eyes flashed as he assessed the threat his big bore gun moving up to....

"No Pops!" Yina shouted moving in front of the gun and the woman charging "Stand down please" She impressed upon him before turning to the girl.

"We are friendly" She growled her hand going down to her crossbow like pistol "You are NOT shooting Pops!"

COMMANDER POV

There were memories

And then there were experiences

John didnt have a past at least not one before he became John. Who he was before that faithful night was a mystery. Instead all he had was his time at the institute training with Jane and eventually going on missions for the British goverment. Those memories however were just that memories of a time before he truly found his place in the world.

Before the defenders

Those were experiences ones that to this day rang out to him. The experience of finding people like him, of not being alone for the first time in his life. The experience of first love the memory of Siren and him training during long nights. The experience of family of large meals and the celebration of a marriage of a birth.

Of course not all experiences were good

He had known war or at least a brief glimpse of it during his time in the british government but it was a human war. When bullets bounced off of him and he didnt know the man he was fighting by it was hard to care.

The OMNI war changed all that for him

The minute he stepped into bay three and saw the mech a deep rage filled him. It was heavily modded out but it was still OMNI still the enemy. Suddenly he was back on the battlefield taking as many hits as he could to protect his family.

And failing

"MONSTER" John bellowed briefly looking at Makoto "Leave! Ill take care of this"

"No!" A girl shouted looking at the creature with worry "we are on your side! Friendly!"

"No OMNI mech is friendly" John growled "Back off or I will take you both down!"

THUNDERESS POV

"Ha" Orror laughed shaking her head and racing after Glory "It is so nice to see some one run towards battle and not away!"

They both ran with Orror reaching her hand out and siphoning the electricity from the emergency lights as they made their way to the bay. The electricity nourished her system rejuvenating her and heightening her abilities and allowing her to keep up with the super powered girl.

They burst into the room right as John issued his threat. Orror's eyes widened at the beast of a machine who was currently sitting behind the girl begging the Commander to stop.

Sitting......

"Tell me Glory" Orror said grabbing her and wrenching her to a stop as the door closed behind them "Why would the OMNI mech not attack?" She asked frowning.

"Commander!" Orror called out catching his attention "Perhaps what the girl is saying is true!"

HACKER POV

(fifteen minutes before the attack)

"Uploading the data to you now" Darius said his fingers tapping away on the keyboard as Jill watched him.

"Okay looks like the connection is both established and secured" Jill murmured tapping away at her own laptop "We can now work the data you got from the server farm I'll get the think tank on it" She said smirking and waving her hands at the kids playing in the background.

"Good" Darius said smiling "I wish I was there.... Still not sure why I had to come up here"

"Your the best hacker in the world D" Jill reminded him shaking her head "Theres only so much we can do from the side lines besides look at all the awesome equipment you are working with!"

"It is pretty dope" Darius said laughing and looking around "I hope one day the commander lets me bring you guys up here to see it for your self"

Before Jill could say any thing more the red lights came on

"Whats that?" Jill asked worry filling her face

"Not sure" Darius said rising up "I got to go! Talk to you later"

He shut off the feed and jogged out of the room. For a minute he wondered what to do, did he run towards the threat or to a safe place? Before he could make a decision one way or the other the girl named Avery spoke over the loud speaker telling him what to do.

"Right Rec room here I come" Darius murmured jogging towards said rec room.

SPIDERS POV

"You got it Siren" Gregory said moving away from the console set into the wall and pulling out his tablet. He began accessing the systems as he jogged towards the rec room. Most of the automated system were working kicking in and preparing them for the type of threat that was going on. Gregory worked with them activating emergency lighting leading to the rec room and doing a quick head count.

"Whats going on" Maya asked standing up and fully awake as he burst into the rec room.

"Nothing to worry about" Gregory said trying to project a confident tone that fell flat "Just a minor emergency the Commander is moving to engage it now"

"Shouldnt we be helping him?" Maya asked moving towards the door.

"No!" Gregory shouted shaking his head "We follow our orders Siren is coming now"

SPECTRE POV

The blaring alarm woke him up.

He was startled out of his sleep all but falling out of the bed and onto the floor. It was only his last minute stop that left him floating in the air and not face first on the deck.

"Was going on?" He said sleepily as he shook his head rapidly from side to side. He floated up rotating and orientating himself before dropping back onto the deck.

Then the alarm clicked in

"No" David whispered his eyes widening as he heard the nature of the threat. He felt a growing dread creep into his body and he pushed it away instead morphing into his ghost form and activating his COM.

"I'm here Siren" David said phasing out of his room and moving down the hall "I am going to back up the commander" He told her before narrowing his eyes and pouring on the speed.

Alexandria huffed at the whole security alarms and smiled. "I fear little as I have lived a tortured exsitance few living will ever know. You all however seem to have far more danger than a mere sorceress" She said as she stretched her wrists and fingers. Her power was slowly coming back. In fact if she could eat something she might just have enough to throttle this woman.

"I will take heed as I am not at my full strength which is what I would need for whatever foe you face, for you seem unhinged by it. Almost as if waves of fear and anger are at war in your soul." She reached out to touch Siren. It was a gentle touch.

"Remember you are alive. Focus on that first, then focus on what needs done. Draw power not from that which tears at your soul, but what makes it glow...fight for your inner light, fight for life" she said hoping the words would get threw to this woman. In face she greatly hoped that through it all Alexandria could keep this woman calm until her power returned and she could be gone from here.

Nice, France

POV Zuya Wagner and Jasmijn "Blade" De Vries

"I had forgotten how much I love this city," Zuya told Jasmijn as the two women took a stroll after their coffee.

"I work here every day," Jasmijn answered, reaching over and taking Zuya's hand, "And I'm still overwhelmed just how beautiful this city is you."Jasmijn gave Zuya's hand a squeeze, adding, "But I find it especially beautiful when you're here visiting me."

Before Zuya could answer, there was an explosion ahead, followed by the sounds of sirens approaching the source of the explosion. Without a word, the two women released each others hands and began running toward the source of the explosion.

"What is that up ahead?" Zuya asked, her easy breathing belying the quick pace she was running at.

"It's a little museum, nothing special, just some odds and ends that don't fit in anywhere else," Jasmijn answered. "If it's a party, are you ready to dance?"

"Always," Zuya laughed, as the two approached the scene of the explosion.

Avery's eyebrows furrowed at the intensity of the new woman's words.

"Oh, uh thanks," She said with a nod as she continued her run to the rec room.

When Avery reached the rec room she slid the door open to discover that Gregory and Maya were the first there. As far as Avery could tell Greg had already activated the systems she'd requested.

"Spiders, good work," She said, voice loud enough to be heard over the emergency siren, and gave him a grateful smile. "We're going to wait for a couple more new recruits to get here, and then I want you to lead them to the emergency bunker. When you are in there I want you to set up a link with your spiders and have them assist John and the others. Copy?"

Avery then turned to the new woman, the one from the magic vault. "You're to remain with me."

Just then Spectre's voice came through the comms. He gave his location and confirmation that he would be joining John.

"Roger that Spectre. Stay safe," Avery replied.

Then the door slid open again and Avery say Darius, Cloe and Adam running in. She was a bit surprised to see Adam up and about, but she didn't have time to question it.

"Great. Spiders, you're up. Take Adam, Darius and Maya with you," Avery ordered. "Natura, I'll get you to stay with me and take the next group down to the bunker. Now, who are we waiting on?" She said, speaking out loud. Avery pressed against her earpiece and set the comms to a station wide announcement.

"Status reports required for the following Defenders; Lynx, Peter, Ayla, Orror and Makoto. I repeat: status reports required for Lynx, Peter, Ayla, Orror and Makoto."

The alarm resumed and Avery gestured for Cloe to set aside with her. She kept her eyes on the new woman though. She knew that it could be a coincidence that she and the Mech arrived within minutes of each other, but she couldn’t take that chance. Avery put a hand on Cloe's shoulder and leaned forward.

"Cloe, this woman here broke into the magic vault just before the mech alert went off. I don't want to leave her alone. " Avery leaned back and Cloe's eyes, wide with surprise, suddenly narrowed. She nodded, knowing what Avery wanted without her having to ask. Cloe stayed beside her as they walked back to the new woman and into the corridor outside the rec room as they waited for anyone else who would arrive.

"Spiders, once you've set up in the shelter can you please give me an urgent status report on the location of the Defenders I mentioned in the announcement?" Avery requested through the comms.

Last edited:
Defenders' Lunar Base, Science Wing

POV "Lynx"

As the computer announced the emergency, there was movement in the office that Lynx had been assigned upon returning to the Defenders. One of the lockers where she stored the contents of her "Bag of Tricks" popped open. What looked like a silver, featureless medicine ball floated up. It hovered for a moment, then exploded into dozens, if not hundreds, of quarter sized discs. Most of the discs slid across the wall, floor or ceiling, though a few flew through the air. The whole group had an ever shifting yet coordinated shape as it moved swiftly to the rec room.

Upon entering the rec room, the floating discs shot several lasers into the air and off each other, forming a life sized hologram of Lynx. The hologram appeared to look around before focusing on Avery.

"Avery, I regret that I am not here to assist in the present crisis," the hologram began. "I've noted that I am experimenting in higher dimensional shift traveling, though I have not defined this phrase to the extent to allow for explanation. In my place, I have left an artificial intelligence imprinted with my ethicalal philosophy. The AI in question is dispersed among the objects before you and is specifically adapted to face the threat that activated it. While the threat is singular and non-malleable, the objects in front of you are capable of acting in concert in a number of patterns that can be expressed as approaching infinity. Although the threat is capable of many-value analysis, and thus is capable of adapting to its environment, the objects before you is capable of making direct use of quantum-mechanical phenomena to perform operations on data."

The hologram paused before adding, "I predict that, acting in concert with experienced Defenders, the probability that these units can defeat the threat approaches certainty. However, I've detected an anomaly in the threat's behavior that suggests that negotiation, rather than confrontation, would be the preferred action. I await your direction."

Alex just followed along as she breathed and focused. She would need her abilities soon. She would have them shortly. She could feel her reservoir returning to her. Her powers would soon give her an advantage here. A way to better defend herself from these people. She would be hard pressed at a quarter of her strength but when she ate her power would return. her stores of energy would be massive and she could teleport away.

She hoped that they were lenient towards her. She had come only to take the sword and flee. That was her hope. In fact if they were intent on being leniant and seemed just in there causes she would gladly ask if they could help her. So much of the demons minions still existed here in the realm, and would need to be eliminated. She would hope that they might help her.

Defender's Lunar Base - Teleporter 3

"No OMNI is friendly," Makoto snapped. She did stop her rush though; the machine had been prepared to fire but the girl got in the way of the shot. On purpose or by accident? She also had her hand on a weapon and told her not to shoot.

So not too bright or not too observant.

"I can't shoot, I don't have a weapon, baka. But that doesn't mean I won't-" Before she could finish her sentence, the Commander was there, bellowing and barking. She was taken aback by it actually; was he telling her to leave? And he'd engage the enemy alone? That wasn't how you beat these things! He knew that!

"No," she said with a shake of her head, not moving her eyes from the girl or the lethal machine. "I will not go. You will need support and either we are a team or we are not. I did not come back to hide away; I have done enough of that!"

Glory arrived a few strides ahead of Orror, both women surveying the situation. Whoa! The Commander! Now him, she'd heard of. Orror grabbed her and asked why it wasn't attacking and she could only shrug, "You got me. Maybe you're right and it comes in peace. Or it's setting us up for a sucker punch."

She didn't know what Orror could do, though she noticed her draining electricity from the lights as they ran. Could she drain the OMNI? It ran on electricity too. There was the Commander, who was a brick all the stories said, and some short and almost shockingly stacked Japanese girl in a tight black bodysuit with her head and hands bare. "Hey, Commander, what's the play here? I'm new to this super stuff, so I won't jump unless you say so."

Somewhere...

POV The "Real" Lynx and Wind Hunter

"This...is...amazing," LYnx finally managed to breathe out. And it was an amazing place. One second, Lynx had been in the Defender's Base on the moon; the next...

The next, she was standing in Paradise. It looked like one of those travel advertisements she had seen for Hawaii or other tropical destination in the south Pacific. She was standing on a small, sandy beach of a body of water surrounded by lush, green vegetation and amazing, brightly colored giant tropical flowers she had never seen before. The tropical lake itself was fed by a giant waterfall, and the entire scene was nestled in steep rock walls, effectively isolating it from whatever lay beyond the mountains this "Shangri-La" was nestled in.

"It is beautiful, isn't it?" said Alya, a bright smile on her face as she looked about the idyllic scene. "Parkhala has brought me here dozens of times, but I still can't get over how beautiful it is."

The mention of the tiger made Lynx look around in time to see the big cat disappearing into the foliage. Lynx turned back to Alya, asking, "Where exactly are we, anyway?"

Alya shrugged. "I'm not really sure. I don't think we're on Earth. I googled the flowers the first time I got back from here, but there's nothing like them. I don't think we're even in our own universe."

"Oh?" Lynx responded as she gingerly touched a nearby bloom that was an impossible combination of bright, neon colors.

"Time is like a quadratic function here," Alya explained. "Fifteen minutes here is like fifteen minutes back where you left, but if you spend a day here, it's like only an hour passed when you return."

Lynx nodded, her mind already determining a mathematical function to describe the relationship between the two time streams.

Alya interrupted her by asking, "Would you like to go for a swim? The water's really interesting, with cold and warm spots, and the waterfall is more like a shower. Plus there's a cave right behind it with this interesting moss and ---" Alya paused, realizing she may have made a gaffe. "You do swim, don't you?"

Lynx answered, "My people are ex---" Lynx cut herself off, realizing that her amazement with her surroundings had almost made her reveal more about herself than she normally did. "I mean, yes, I'm an excellent swimmer. But I obviously didn't bring an outfit," Lynx said with a forced laugh.

Alya was normally a very reserved young woman, but something about her surroundings and Lynx's company made her feel a bit mischievous. "Neither did I," Alya said, as she began unbuttoning her blouse. Not quite believing she was undressing in front of a another person, Alya removed her blouse and set it on a clean patch of grass. "I usually just swim in the nude when I come here. Come on, it's just us two, and we're both girls," Alya admonished as she removed her trousers.

Not quite believing she was doing this, Lynx began undressing as well.

Defenders Base Rec Room

Adam notices as he's about to enter the Rec Room that Avery saw him, and she was with a woman reeking of dark magic. Walking into the room keeping his head down, stopping at the bookshelf to find a book. Running a finger over titles and to his surprise he finds the book 'Strange Company In Space' one he read as a kid some Astronaut meets a Felinian.

Despite what's going on manages a small smile, as Lynx sweet voice came to mind. She was way of out his league and he knew it, with the traits Cloe describes her as a stern task master and a very intelligent person. If there was any interest in him it probably was strictly Scientific, as Peter said "Poking at you to see how you tick." +Grey rumbles, Settle for making friends ... less complications that way. -Adam sighs, maybe you're right-

Adam steps back into the shadow cast by the bookshelves, leans his against shoulder the wall. Face in shadow he reopens the book turning its pages to where the story began, he'd try to get his mind off everything by losing himself in its pages awhile. Lifting his eyes occasionally to see what's going on, if any notice they'd have seen shining lupine eyes are looking back. Having heard no explosions and we're not dead from something awful like an explosive decompression. He began to relax a little, not enough to shift back to normal, but a little more relaxed.

Greywolf suddenly decides to speak through Adam who didn't mind, his rumbling voice is quite unmistakable. "The Witch gets stronger even now, she must not be allowed to feed as she will become a even greater threat. I smell the scent of dark magic on her, it can be used for good but this is tainted magic. "Trust me as I am very sensitive to these things as this." He turns walking away from the Rec Room door. "It is best to bind and gag her with your vines Natura, she can't chant and make hand signs to harm anyone ... or escape."

Last edited:
Defender's Base, Recreation Room Corridor

Cloe's entire body tensed as a swarm of floating discs buzzed into the rec room. They swirled about for a moment and Cloe noticed Avery tensing beside her. When the lasers started flying the vines wrapped around Cloe's body started to grow and thicken, knitting together and ready to lash out if they needed to. Then Lynx appeared.

Cloe blinked for a moment as the holographic version of the feline hero started to speak. First she was sucked away during their encounter with the Eleventh Hour, and now she had conveniently left base during a break in, and the first encounter with a Mec since the army was defeated. Her eyebrows creased in a mixture of suspicion and annoyance. She looked over to see Avery's expression and could tell her friend was caught in a similar state of confusion.

"Right," Avery said slowly. Then, she seemed to shake it off, "Return to Lynx's lab." She ordered.

Cloe turned to her friend.

"Siren?"

"Lynx may be comfortable with that tech but I have no idea what it can and can't do. Right now this day is weird and unpredictable enough without messing about with the unknown. She is not on base, that is all I need to know."

Cloe nodded, seeing the reason in Avery's decision. She then made an effort to return her attention to the strange woman who had broken into the vault. She would let Avery concentrate on any of the check-ins and she would watch their new gate-crasher. She considered Greywolf's words and kept her vines at the ready.

Last edited:
Alexs' eyes narrow as she looks at the man who addressed her in a different voice." Magic is neutral, much like a gun. Its the welder who is either good or bad. Remember that Dual Soul." She said before she looked to the others.

"As for my power, yes it grows, it is as easy as breathing in air. As for weather to use it or not on you remains to be seen. Much like the man who ran off words seem far more a better route than an exchange of might. Until then I shall remain here and assist if I can." She said shifting her hand on to her hip as she looked at the others. She was a bit peckish and would love to eat but that was out the window now thanks to the Dual Souled man who spoke. It was irksome but she would manage and if necessary she would spare the innocent here by teleporting away.

Defender Base Rec Room

Greywolf spoke a few more words. "It is neutral, yet you still darken it. If good, you would not threaten." Turning his back on the Witch placing his trust in Cloe to cover it, dropping to the back of Adam's mind. Also knowing the Commander will blast her to ashes if she tries to do any harm to his people.

Whatever her past, it left a scent mark of evil, hatred and revenge, Adam's glad to walk away but is sad to see an Aura so dark. If he read her Aura right maybe the slowly pulsing specks of light he thinks he saw is a very promising sign. Stepping back into the shadowy corner to lean his shoulder against the wall to read. His back to the flying disks and the glow of lasers, also the altered voice of Lynx. It sounds like another person to Adam so he didn't pay it any mind, as his attention was on the Commander and those Siren asked their status.

Last edited:
COMMANDER POV

More people came, more innocents and friends that OMNI could destroy. Why didnt they all listen to him?! Even Makato who had never been one to disobey a direct order was standing her grounds.

"You idiots" John growled softly under his breath as a new girl called out to him "I told you all to leave!" He said louder his hands morphing into deadly scythes "This bastard is mine!"

"No!" The girl yelled her eyes flickering from Makato to the Commander "You all need to listen to me! We are friendly"

"I suggest you move!" John growled glancing at the girl "I will take you down if you continue to aid this thing" He told her eyeing the strange pistol she was carrying before turning his attention back to OMNI.

Back to the true enemy

SPECTRE POV

"Stop!"

David phased through the wall floating to a stop between John and the girl.

"Move now Spectre" John growled the hate clear in his eyes. It was a hate David was more than accustomed to seeing in the commanders eyes.

Even if he hadnt seen it in a while

"I wont let this anger destroy you again" David insisted his tone firm "I wont let you fuck things up that we have going on now! You cant control your self when it comes to OMNI so BACK DOWN"

David watched John growl and take another step forward and his hand shot up. A green blast of energy slammed into Johns chest forcing him back a few inches and shocking every one. Even John himself looked shocked his eyes wide as he took David in.

"Makato dont you move an inch either" David said calmly as he turned to the girl "Now whats your name"

"Yadina.... Thank you so much!" The young woman said her tone and her look stating she wanted to hug him.

"You can thank me by standing still" David told her coming over "You can understand why were all a little jumpy.... You brought one of our nastiest enemies into our home and insist your good guys"

"But we are" Yadina insisted glancing at every one "Look us up! We can prove it"

"Records can be faked!" John growled taking a step forward.

"Commander with respect if you take another move I will blast you again" David said to him his tone light "Now the commander does have a point luckily I can prove your story... with your permission of course"

"Of course" Yadina said nodding her head "Whatever is needed!"

"Is every one cool with that?" David asked looking at every one "If her stories not legit I will know but for now no one attacks her is that acceptable?" David asked looking at John and Makato.

"Fine" John growled crossing his arms.

Defender's Lunar Base - Teleporter 3

Makoto's pink lips pursed thoughtfully as Spectre appeared to confront John. The big man's emotionally charged state reminded her that she was a scientist first. The basis of science was observation of data without bias and emotions were one hell of a bias. So, objectively, what could be observed? What were the facts?

1 - the OMNI and the girl had penetrated security and damaged the base in their arrival.

2- the OMNI had active weapons systems but had not deployed them. It had started to but was countermanded by the girl.

3 - John was acting irrationally.

4 - Spectre's possession would give him access to the girl's mind.

Makoto nodded and crossed her arms under her breasts. "Hai, that is sufficient. Onegai, Spectre, please. We must know the situation."

Glory just looked confused, "Someone want to tell me what the hell is going on?"

The Japanese woman looked over at her, "We are determining the truth of this girl's statements, imooto-san. Please withhold violence."

"Okay. And what did you call me just now?"

Alex cocked a brow and looked back over what she had said. Why did he seem to think she was being well dark? She wasn't dark just irritated at the fact she could not get the damned blade to send a demon packing back to its intended realm. Still her tone could have been less adversarial.

She stood still wondering what she would need to do here. Would she need to flee would she have to fight her way out if she did, or would she be able to clear it all up. She hated having to be in this situation but here she was standing on the precipice of a costly mistake unsure how she would continue form here. Especially at the mercy of these people.

Alex did however look to the man and bowed enough to drop her shoulders."Sorry to have given a false ideal. I am out of my element here and there fore sorry to have let my personal quest cloud my words with misplaced anger. When I have time I shall make up for it by cooking you a meal over coffee" She said her voice a bit more quelled but still nervous. She was out of her element and she did not need others here wanting to fight her or perceive her as a true enemy.

Defender Base Rec Room

Adam feels the Witch's eyes upon him, looks up his head still down listens her apologizing. From his shadowed corner, he wonders why she would wait till he's in his little nook to do it. -I let you speak freely, now I have deal with a pissed Witch as you sleep. Shit move pal- Focusing on calming himself he's finally able to shift, his fangs, claws and ears return to normal. Except for his eyes so he could see better in the bases dim emergency lighting.

Marking the page in his book places it back on the shelf, combs long dark hair back with his fingers. Stepping into the emergency lighting, walking out to where Cloe stood in the corridor with the Witch. Adam looks to Cloe "You know who got me into this. Now I'm the one that has to deal with what he started." He looks to the one Natura was responsible to guard.

"I'm not really the one you should be apologizing to. He's asleep right now, waking him is not the greatest of ideas. As for your cooking, don't bother he wouldn't eat it." Interlacing his fingers to speak further, studying her tan face can't really tell what race she was. "I'm not trying to be rude, just telling you the way he is and that's stubborn." Adam sighs and opens his hands in a gesture for her to speak. "Anything else that you wish to say? Lifting a finger "Except for spells that is." He would chuckle nervously, hoping that she didn't get angry and actually has a sense of humor. "Turned into a toad don't seem fun."

Last edited:
SPECTRE POV

"Thank you" David said sighing in relief as they both agreed "Now this will just take me a second....."

He disappeared to every one going intangible as he prepared to possess the girl. He mentally steeled himself reminding himself that he was who he was and what was about to happen before he dived in. Possessing a person was fairly simple.... But he was going for some thing deeper a look into her memories. If he didnt remind himself of who he was first then there was a very slight chance he could lose himself in the process.

Once he was sure he was ready he moved sliding into her body as easily as if he was diving into a deep pool. He saw a brief flash of every one through her eyes (which turned green to signal she was being possessed) before he was gone and into her memories.

He felt her soul resisting at the intruder and he reached out to show who he was and his intentions. The woman named Yadina relaxed and with her permission he dived into her memories. He let her show him the ones that explained her case eyeing them and letting their knowledge wash over him.

TWO MINUTES LATER

"She is who she said she is" David spoke his voice coming through Yadina "The Omni Mech is friendly"

"How is that possible?" John growled narrowing his eyes "They all agreed that destroying us was their programing!"

"During one of the last battles this one fell from the sky" Yadina/David said waving his/her hand at Pops "He was damaged from the battle Yadina was able to get him back online and reboot him when he rebooted there was no desire to hurt people instead he protected the town they are from several times over"

COMMANDER POV

John struggled his heart and his mind refusing to believe it. The memories of the battles and fight against the machines were still fresh in his mind playing over and over again as he starred at the girl and POPS. He knew David wouldnt lie to him.... but the OMNI HATED humanity, hated all they stood for.

How was this one different

"Makoto" John finally said turning to the man turned woman "You Spiders and Darius confirm this please.... with Yadina's help"

"Yina says thats fine" David/Yadina said before the woman shuddered. She blinked and suddenly her eyes were normal. David appeared moments later morphing back into his human form as he cleared his throat.

"Base deactivate alarm.... Code Alpha Zero Zero Foxtrot Four"

"Base alarm deactivated" The base AI chimed "unlocking bulk heads"

"Thank you" Yadina said coming over and grabbing John into a hug before he could say any thing "I promise I know POPS inside and out.... we can prove it!"

"If you say so" John said pushing the girl off gently "Gregory did you get all that?"

SPIDERS POV

"I did" Gregory said moving down the hall with Darius "I already got Darius and we are on our way"

"So were basically checking to make sure a killer robot doesnt want to kill us any more?" Darius asked shaking his head "This shit gets crazier and crazier every day I swear!"

Back