The Chinal Pearl Inn part 8

Me, too, CG, on all counts. I derive great pleasure (of the nonsexual kind) in preparing food and knowing others enjoy the fruits of my labor. If I had the means and lived in a more metropolitan area, I would definitely open a "pay as you are able" soup, sandwich, salad, and bread restaurant. While I do love baking, making homemade stocks and soups if all varieties are my areas of amateur expertise.

I live in a very rural area Ruby but have a great food co-op close to hand so great fresh items to be had. I make my own pasta, and sausage so I have great control over what I make.

Robyn you know I am very seducible, that being said it has been a very, very, very long time since I wrote in a group thread.

I live in a very rural area Ruby but have a great food co-op close to hand so great fresh items to be had. I make my own pasta, and sausage so I have great control over what I make.

Robyn you know I am very seducible, that being said it has been a very, very, very long time since I wrote in a group thread.
Me too CG. Was thinking about starting one of my own but group threads are often so difficult.

Rabbi's son, um, I don't think that would work for me either. I married a shiksa AND became a Presbyterian. Oh, and I have multiple tattoos and piercings. My parents are also very liberal, but the tattoos are still a great offense.

Ooh, I know KF already has an idea in mind for Glad, but maybe one of them could be the mystery room enterer. Maybe I should shut up.

I think you're in serious consideration. Don't change your mind. ;)

Not sure I planned on changing my mind, haha. But I like cg am also very seduceable, were I to have a change of heart ;)

*Peeks in sheepishly*

It’s been one of those days. Started out alright, but little things kept going wrong. My kid had a handful of temper tantrums which I handed poorly and that soured my mood. Tomorrow might be better. We’re going swimming in the morning. But in the afternoon, I have to start my commute early. One more early week, then next week we’re moving. So much confusion and instability right now in my life. I started to go dark this evening, but my lovely and patient partner walked me through it. I’m starting to ramble now, so I’ll cut this short. I’ll check back in tomorrow and hopefully have happier things to say. Much love to you all.

*Peeks in sheepishly*

It’s been one of those days. Started out alright, but little things kept going wrong. My kid had a handful of temper tantrums which I handed poorly and that soured my mood. Tomorrow might be better. We’re going swimming in the morning. But in the afternoon, I have to start my commute early. One more early week, then next week we’re moving. So much confusion and instability right now in my life. I started to go dark this evening, but my lovely and patient partner walked me through it. I’m starting to ramble now, so I’ll cut this short. I’ll check back in tomorrow and hopefully have happier things to say. Much love to you all.

We love you too Shiva

*Peeks in sheepishly*

Take care dear. I hope you feel better.
I have discord now, it doesn't work great for me but better than nothing if you wanna chat if you need an ear.

Take care and I hope work goes well. Mmmm enjoy swimming.

I’ve had a wonderful Saturday, Mum’s cooking, Mr Darcy’s love, I rode Lightning - my horse, spoke to hubby before he goes into silence and was mugged by my nieces who insisted they take me shopping. Tomorrow we go to Church as a family, won’t be surprised if a thunder bolt drops - I haven’t been to confession since I was 15!

I just wanted to post in the inn and wish everyone well for the weekend. I notice CG asleep in the chair and bring a blanket to tuck him in and kiss his forehead. He really has become a very special friend.

Shiva, head up, press on. You’re a winner girl, an honorary Lioness and very special to us all. Carry on Soldier!

Right I have a sleepy cat who wants to take me to bed. I’ve missed him! Good night all :kiss:

I have a weekend off too but I’ve used today to study with Sal to get ready for next week. We have to attend three real Court Martials and write reports on how the cases went and why the accused were either convicted or acquitted. We’ve been given background reading on each case and have read the written submissions of both sides.

Ruby, LF has PM’d me with some ideas for the thread and I might have to edit my post. No problem if I do - Ruth is like me, watching & learning. I’ve put the ball back into his court to decide what happens.

If the snow would ever go away, we could finally start planting our garden. My dear husband doubled our garden plot before winterizing the area last fall and bought a worn farm a few months ago (yes, I have thousands of worms living in a box in my house) and they are theoretically reproducing and producing lovely, nutrient-rich castings.

This summer will mark the second year of our first garden, as we moved from an extremely arid climate. We are loving it, and it is a great stress reliever for my husband especially.

In terms of the group thread, perhaps it's time to get back in the game. ;)

Not sure I planned on changing my mind, haha. But I like cg am also very seduceable, were I to have a change of heart ;)

The more talented writers involved, the more I wonder if I should have a change of heart. I just hope I can do the thread justice and have the chops to keep up with everyone and continue to produce halfway decent contributions.

*Peeks in sheepishly*

I don't know you well yet, but just wanted to let you know I empathize 100%. I have three children and have dealt with lots of confusion and instability. I am lucky enough to have a partner who helps keep me grounded. And, I am the queen of rambling, but you might have already noticed that.

I have a weekend off too but I’ve used today to study with Sal to get ready for next week. We have to attend three real Court Martials and write reports on how the cases went and why the accused were either convicted or acquitted. We’ve been given background reading on each case and have read the written submissions of both sides.

Ruby, LF has PM’d me with some ideas for the thread and I might have to edit my post. No problem if I do - Ruth is like me, watching & learning. I’ve put the ball back into his court to decide what happens.

Robyn, that sounds intense, but interesting.

Yes, LF and I have also been communicating via PM. I am flexible and willing to roll with whatever is decided. I told him I was okay with either scenario, and since your time is more limited, I didn't want you to have to edit your post. I will just keep pause pressed for now.

If the snow would ever go away, we could finally start planting our garden. My dear husband doubled our garden plot before winterizing the area last fall and bought a worn farm a few months ago (yes, I have thousands of worms living in a box in my house) and they are theoretically reproducing and producing lovely, nutrient-rich castings.

This summer will mark the second year of our first garden, as we moved from an extremely arid climate. We are loving it, and it is a great stress reliever for my husband especially.

In terms of the group thread, perhaps it's time to get back in the game. ;)

The more talented writers involved, the more I wonder if I should have a change of heart. I just hope I can do the thread justice and have the chops to keep up with everyone and continue to produce halfway decent contributions.

I don't know you well yet, but just wanted to let you know I empathize 100%. I have three children and have dealt with lots of confusion and instability. I am lucky enough to have a partner who helps keep me grounded. And, I am the queen of rambling, but you might have already noticed that.
You seem to be under some sort of incorrect impression that your writing is not good. May I ask what ever gave you such an impression? Dare I say you seem to be better than I am haha.

I’ve had a wonderful Saturday, Mum’s cooking, Mr Darcy’s love, I rode Lightning - my horse, spoke to hubby before he goes into silence and was mugged by my nieces who insisted they take me shopping. Tomorrow we go to Church as a family, won’t be surprised if a thunder bolt drops - I haven’t been to confession since I was 15!

I just wanted to post in the inn and wish everyone well for the weekend. I notice CG asleep in the chair and bring a blanket to tuck him in and kiss his forehead. He really has become a very special friend.

Shiva, head up, press on. You’re a winner girl, an honorary Lioness and very special to us all. Carry on Soldier!

Right I have a sleepy cat who wants to take me to bed. I’ve missed him! Good night all :kiss:

I smile at the caress of G G sweet kiss.

Not to worry G G the church did not collapse, nor did bolts of lighting strike when I returned. ;)

Ah Robyn the joys of Military law......You and Sal have fun. :D

Robyn, that sounds intense, but interesting.

Yes, LF and I have also been communicating via PM. I am flexible and willing to roll with whatever is decided. I told him I was okay with either scenario, and since your time is more limited, I didn't want you to have to edit your post. I will just keep pause pressed for now.

Awww thanks for being understanding. Us girls are playing cricket tomorrow morning (unless it rains) but once I’m back, if LF wants me to edit I will. It’s his shout.

Btw SF and Shiva are two good friends on Lit, you’ll like them. Another girl is Luv2bfkd, who drops in from time to time. You’ll like her too.

Ok, time for bed. Goodnight CPI

Awww thanks for being understanding. Us girls are playing cricket tomorrow morning (unless it rains) but once I’m back, if LF wants me to edit I will. It’s his shout.

Btw SF and Shiva are two good friends on Lit, you’ll like them. Another girl is Luv2bfkd, who drops in from time to time. You’ll like her too.

Ok, time for bed. Goodnight CPI
Night robin

Listening to music, and a full belly from dinner, it feels good.

You seem to be under some sort of incorrect impression that your writing is not good. May I ask what ever gave you such an impression? Dare I say you seem to be better than I am haha.

I might or might not have some self-esteem issues. It's not that I don't believe I write well, but I hope I can keep it up. I hope that makes sense. Also, my stupid multiple sclerosis has affected my cognitive function somewhat, and it makes me feel insecure. I hate finding errors in my writing, and going back through, I saw several typos and other silly things in posts in this thread that I missed. My excuse is that I was typing on a mobile, but I am now on my computer, and truth be told, the mistakes still occur.

Unrelated to anything, sort of: My English 101 professor was completely enamored with me. Every class was spent with our desks in a circle, and every assignment was read aloud to the class. Nobody would ever volunteer to go, so she often volunteered me, but then people shied away from going even more. That was really just to toot my own horn, but if I can find it, I will retype it and share it here. I can't remember the exact assignment, but it was creative writing, and my prof encouraged me for the longest time to turn that short bit into a novel. I never did, obviously. Anyway, my point is that I am good for a short run, but am not confident in myself for longer stints.

I might or might not have some self-esteem issues. It's not that I don't believe I write well, but I hope I can keep it up. I hope that makes sense. Also, my stupid multiple sclerosis has affected my cognitive function somewhat, and it makes me feel insecure. I hate finding errors in my writing, and going back through, I saw several typos and other silly things in posts in this thread that I missed. My excuse is that I was typing on a mobile, but I am now on my computer, and truth be told, the mistakes still occur.

Unrelated to anything, sort of: My English 101 professor was completely enamored with me. Every class was spent with our desks in a circle, and every assignment was read aloud to the class. Nobody would ever volunteer to go, so she often volunteered me, but then people shied away from going even more. That was really just to toot my own horn, but if I can find it, I will retype it and share it here. I can't remember the exact assignment, but it was creative writing, and my prof encouraged me for the longest time to turn that short bit into a novel. I never did, obviously. Anyway, my point is that I am good for a short run, but am not confident in myself for longer stints.
No place for low self esteem here. We're in the business of building people up ;)
I think you write well, and goodness you edit posts in here? I can get it for an rp, but I don't edit posts just posts for here, y'all are my friends you get me warts in all.
I have my own physical deficits that makes my spelling suck, so I get the urge to be self conscious. I just want to assure you none of us are judging you negatively for your errors, especially not in here.

Additionally I do get what you mean about keeping it up, some days my output is subpar comes with the territory I suppose.

*Peeks in sheepishly*

Hiya Shiny Shine:rose:,

Sorry you had a bad day and sorry I haven't been able to chat with you for a few days. Yesterday was chaos for me and today I've had the worst hangover I've had in years. Got heaps to tell you though, interesting things:), so I'll try to catch you online sometime soon.

Missing you. :rose::rose::kiss::kiss::heart::heart:

Uggg:rose:

Ruby, as amazing and courageous (and a host of superlatives) I find the visitors at the Inn, none is perfect. To err is human.

I find you delightful and enjoy writing with you. XO

Sorry you had a bad day and sorry I haven't been able to chat with you for a few days. Yesterday was chaos for me and today I've had the worst hangover I've had in years. Got heaps to tell you though, interesting things:), so I'll try to catch you online sometime soon.

"Does that mean I shouldn't shout in your ear?" He asks very loudly in uggg's ear.

Returns sf's hug with a smile. "Thank you m'dear. Hope you're well this evening."

I am impressed you can continue to have that magenta show up on your screen, but perhaps the worst of the hangover has passed. I used to ALWAYS have a hangover after drinking, but actually can't recall my last one, and I am by no means a teetotaler.

Hi, hugs to those that need or want it.

IRL, my friends tease me because I have such a large personal bubble. There are few people whom I comfort hugging. It's weird because I do like hugs, but I get itchy when people I am not super close to want to hug. Anyway, I am rambling, but my point is that's the beauty of online interactions, so (((HUGS)))

Ruby, as amazing and courageous (and a host of superlatives) I find the visitors at the Inn, none is perfect. To err is human.

I find you delightful and enjoy writing with you. XO

Awww, shucks. But...but...but...I don't wanna err. I appreciate how you've all welcomed me here. I enjoy writing with you, as well, and am gradually feeling more comfortable about sharing my writing.

"Does that mean I shouldn't shout in your ear?" He asks very loudly in uggg's ear.

Returns sf's hug with a smile. "Thank you m'dear. Hope you're well this evening."

I'm really not capable of dealing with that kind of play today Glad. I can't think of anything witty to say. I've got no come backs. It really is a doozy of a hang over.

You have no idea how much free booze I drank last night. I haven't felt this hung over in a very, very long time.

Back