The Barbarians Are Inside The gates

Still waiting for you to back up your specious claims which are proving to be lies by your lack of evidence.
Ev-i-dence

Noun.
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

"the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"

Verb.
be or show evidence of.
"that it has been populated from prehistoric times is evidenced by the remains of Neolithic buildings"

Seeing as I don’t think you have provided “evidence” for anything you spout off about, a definition of the word was important.

Still waiting for you to back up your specious claims which are proving to be lies by your lack of evidence.
Which specious claims, AJ? Please be specific. You're also not really using "specious" correctly but that's a lesson for another day.

There's been so many of these histrionic, hand-wringing stories over the years, like when the Japanese were buying us out, especially in real estate. All it is, economically, is just our dollars coming back home and nothing really ever fundamentally changes.

Get a grip.
Before the Japanese there was the Germans. :)

Before the Japanese there was the Germans. :)
It seems to be cyclic, but it also seems to be true that we benefit in the long run.

In Hawaii, the Japanese were taken to the cleaners.

They still don't run the joint...

It’s too late. They are already here and what politician will have the strength to take our country back from China?

That’s right, only 1. Trump

First: China has its own economic woes.

Second: China doesn’t have or own or somehow ‘stolen’ the US. The US is a fucking superpower. China is a wannabe at best.

Third: Trump would fucking sell the US to China because he is a beta cuck.

I rarely eat Chinese food
Good for you! Now you can avoid ingesting the nanobots that RightGuard swears they're putting in your sesame chicken. :ROFLMAO:

I understand how upset you get because you don’t like Trump. It’s your right, but you seem oblivious to who is in charge right now and how little to nothing is being done about China. If you want to bury your head in the sand and blame Trump for everything, you’ll have an army of people cheering you on.
I don't blame Cheeto for everything.

I blame Cheeto for what HE'S done and what HE touches gone rotten like the reverse King Midas he is. And this is not just referring to things, but people in general.

You can still ride on his choo-choo train if you wanna, but he's only ever been about one thing — himself, his brand and those in his direct orbit who help him maintain it — and he won't do a damn thing about whatever it is you're scared that China is doing.

He isn’t the President. He isn’t in charge of our actions now and he isn’t in charge of fixing them.
Until such designation changes, he is a former President who is the head of the Republican Party and seeks to be the next President. He's still running his yap about what he's gonna do on top of all his current bullshit. He remains a political influence until he croaks. That's the objective reality and verity of what he represents.

I’m looking towards the future for someone who will.
With Cheeto? Bonne chance with that "future."

at best you could probably still get maid work at Mar-A-Lago or something. 🤷‍♂️

Second: China doesn’t have or own or somehow ‘stolen’ the US. The US is a fucking superpower. China is a wannabe at best.

^^^
Idiotic and uninformed statement.

Sunglasses at night. Looks cool.

Good for you! Now you can avoid ingesting the nanobots that RightGuard swears they're putting in your sesame chicken. :ROFLMAO:

I don't blame Cheeto for everything.

I blame Cheeto for what HE'S done and what HE touches gone rotten like the reverse King Midas he is. And this is not just referring to things, but people in general.

You can still ride on his choo-choo train if you wanna, but he's only ever been about one thing — himself, his brand and those in his direct orbit who help him maintain it — and he won't do a damn thing about whatever it is you're scared that China is doing.

Until such designation changes, he is a former President who is the head of the Republican Party and seeks to be the next President. He's still running his yap about what he's gonna do on top of all his current bullshit. He remains a political influence until he croaks. That's the objective reality and verity of what he represents.

With Cheeto? Bonne chance with that "future."

at best you could probably still get maid work at Mar-A-Lago or something. 🤷‍♂️
It’s your choice to live in the past and keep the hatred torch alive. Trump divides people, I don’t believe it’s good for the country. He’ll never get support from those who hate him because it’s personal for them. I recognize those faults of his, but he is strong, he believes in America and he knows how to deal with foreign interests.

Every candidate yaps, it’s their job. Kinda like what happens on this board.

And, yet, 100% accurate.

Try living in the real world and not some Fox News infomercial. You will be amazed at how different reality looks.
Tell us how Trump would sell us out to China based in his record in office.

The United States today is only a continental power in the Western Hemisphere. Our country is in decline. America's nuclear weapons make it a super power and at present a Naval power, but even that is diminishing.

Yes China has more than a few problems at home but they don't give a shit if they lose a few million people due to starvation, flood, poor construction, or civil incompetence. They are playing a much longer game than we are.

Now tell us how the Chinese don't own or control anything in America:

Chinese Investment in the United States Database​

Chinese financial interests have acquired more than $120 billion of assets in the U.S. economy since 2002. Fifteen Chinese government entities (sovereign wealth funds and state-owned enterprises) and government-connected private sectors firms account for nearly 60 percent of this activity. Major transactions have been recorded in at least 40 states and in diverse sectors. This includes more than 50 acquisitions of American assets worth at least $50 million each in 2016, a high-water mark for inbound Chinese investment.

To make publicly available information about the footprint of Chinese investment in the United States, Public Citizen built a new database of each transaction of $50 million or more backed by public records covering 2002 to 2016. With our downloadable dataset, for each deal, you can view (and sort by) the year, sector, location, investment type (greenfield or acquisition), investing entity, target (for acquisitions only) and deal value. This database also provides a link to one reference for additional information on each deal.

There is no other publicly-available compilation of all of this information. Public Citizen used media reports, regulatory filings, company reports, press releases and other sources to develop a bottom-up, transactions-based approach that complements balance-of-payments data on investments as this database allows for a disaggregation of the data in different ways.
https://www.citizen.org/article/chinese-investment-in-the-united-states-database/

Trump being who he is, and the way he is, he would absolutely sell the U.S. to China if he would personally stand to profit from it. Then, he would spin it as "The U.S. made a profit by selling itself to China, leading to economic prosperity* ) and a peaceful resolution to the trade war."
(*even if only he himself benefits from such "Economic prosperity," he would still spin it that way because people would still buy into it.)

And...The Rightguides and Rainsol/chobham/harpies of this world would eat it right up and praise how great Trump is, AFTER selling us out to China. (while decrying the Democrats for not doing so.) You see, I've been around long enough to know how this all works.

It’s your choice to live in the past and keep the hatred torch alive. Trump divides people, I don’t believe it’s good for the country. He’ll never get support from those who hate him because it’s personal for them.
Your speak of living in the past is ironic, because Cheeto's best years were in the '80s and the '90s. He would very much like to return to those decades running the same game. The decades where his public image masked over all his continuous and deliberate grift, cheating and theft in all of his business and the industries he dabbed his fingers into, most which ended up failing miserably due to those same methods. You can find tons of evidence of these facts and they are not simply "personal feelings" to the many people he fucked over.

I recognize those faults of his, but he is strong, he believes in America and he knows how to deal with foreign interests.
Here's how your mighty "strong" emperor handled his very busy day today:

That's what you want representing as the best our country can offer for leadership. He ain't doing a damn thing with foreign interests that aren't fueling his twilight-era shell game.

As said before, the very best of luck with your hopes for that man as your shining future!

Your speak of living in the past is ironic, because Cheeto's best years were in the '80s and the '90s. He would very much like to return to those decades running the same game. The decades where his public image masked over all his continuous and deliberate grift, cheating and theft in all of his business and the industries he dabbed his fingers into, most which ended up failing miserably due to those same methods. You can find tons of evidence of these facts and they are not simply "personal feelings" to the many people he fucked over.

Here's how your mighty "strong" emperor handled his very busy day today:

That's what you want representing as the best our country can offer for leadership. He ain't doing a damn thing with foreign interests that aren't fueling his twilight-era shell game.

As said before, the very best of luck with your hopes for that man as your shining future!
Thank you! May the least corrupt person win.

Thank you! May the least corrupt person win.
This should be the tagline for every election.

Before anyone comes at me with "That's your narrative" I'm Irish we have 7 political parties, none of them are right wing, they're all assholes and they're all corrupt in their own ways, for example our married gay indian Taoiseach, who hates poor people, who gave high paying government jobs to his husband's friends

This should be the tagline for every election.

Before anyone comes at me with "That's your narrative" I'm Irish we have 7 political parties, none of them are right wing, they're all assholes and they're all corrupt in their own ways, for example our married gay indian Taoiseach, who hates poor people, who gave high paying government jobs to his husband's friends
The race to be the least corrupt could be hilarious. All the “good deeds” in the interest of lowering corruption points. Might be a great new Korean game show.

7 parties. Irish-Go big or go home.

The race to be the least corrupt could be hilarious. All the “good deeds” in the interest of lowering corruption points. Might be a great new Korean game show.

7 parties. Irish-Go big or go home.
I'm not sure if it's so
much go big and or go home or no one is willing to get too big to stand out. But hats off to the first guy who had the balls to suggest (and get approved) a pay packet of more than the president of the US's salary. Not to mention we have a president who gets a seperate salary who basically only signs bills into law, when you look at it the US gets quite a lot for the salary they pay their president, well comparatively lol. The desire to be a politician should probably bar you from ever being one for life.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's sommuch go big and or go home or no one is willing to get too big to stand out. But hats off to the first guy who had the balls to suggest (and get approved) a pay packet of more than the president of the US's salary. Not to mention we have a president who gets a seperate salary who basically only signs bills into law, when you look at it the US gets quite a lot for the salary they pay their president, well comparatively lol. The desire to be a politician should probably bar you from ever being one for life.
The fear of standing out and saying what’s true vs what people want to hear defines a politician. I’m with you on barring people who desire to be one. Serving the people should feel like community service (a punishment given to low level offenders). Like all the wants regular people have, it will never happen.

I don’t think we get a lot from our politicians, but if they only signed bills, there would be some backlash. They get paid a lot of money to pretend to do stuff and we expect them to perform. We also expect corruption and they haven’t failed us yet.

Tell us how Trump would sell us out to China based in his record in office.
If you've got to ask, you'd never understand. Or more likely, you DO know the answer but choose not to see it. Throughout his term, the man let despots like Putin and Kim manipulate him to no end just by flattering him and telling him what they knew he wanted to hear. He literally came within an inch of pulling out of our 60+ year trade agreement with South Korea - which would have meant it would now take 13 minutes to detect a North Korean missile aimed at the USA as opposed to seven seconds from our bases in South Korea - over purely personal reasons. The only reason why that didn't happen is that an aide stole the letter dissolving the agreement off his desk and guessed, correctly, that Trump would forget about it if he didn't see it again.

So, that is how Trump would sell us out to China based on his record in office.

Back