The Bad Apple ~ A traditional British pub... with a few kinks.

Originally from London, but currently living North of the Border as a Cockney Jock serving up Pie and Mash in a kilt :D

Sally sips her drink and looks around the bar...a welcome escape from the snow and ice outside.

Night wanders in, looking edgewise bewildered as though she's lost her hat or can't quite remember why she was here in the first place. Possibly something to do with not having been in a pub in quite a while.

"G'd evening, folks. Chilly out. Really could do with a bit of that fire!"

"Ah, thank you thank you. Though I'm probably going to have to commit a cardinal sin by ordering a hot chocolate in a pub. Yes yes, I know, what's the world coming to?"

"Any chance of a squirt of cream on it too? Though maybe that's not such a good plan as I just seem to end up with cream on my nose that way..."

"If you want a hot chocolate go for it, its the right weather for it , yes maybe pass on the cream, unless you want me in fits of the giggles."

"I'm Sally, my car got stuck in the snow, I rang up the RAC but they said they couldnt give me a time when they could help me....anyway stuck in a pubs not a bad way to spend the evening."

Night frets.

"I almost wish that I had only one good response to my request for writers. When I've got four or five decent possibilities, of which three could actually turn out to be as good as each other in different ways, making a decision is so difficult!"

"I've had to, of course, because stringing people along and making them jump through lots of hoops also seems wrong. But still... I don't like disappointing people."

"I mean, is there anything else to it than just, well, choosing somebody on merit and hope?"

"Ah well, better sleep..."

Wanders over, a little unsteadily, a bar room expert on everything. A legend in his own local.

"Thing is, if you post a quality story outline - and yours is quality, by the way - and request for writing partners, you're going to be in demand. You've done all the work - you've come up with your character, and the world, and defined the terrain. All your partner needs to do is to be inspired, get it, and come up with a character to fit the space."

"You'll have seen lots of posts that just say "wanna RP" or "wanna RP X/Y or Y/Z. I don't want to say that's the rule, because that's not quite fair, but if you post something quality, you're the RP equivalent of the hottest girl/guy at the party. So expect attention" Grins.

"If you've got quality responses, by which I mean IMs that show that they get what you're trying to do, then stalk 'em for a bit, look at their old threads, talk to them via PM or or whatever. You can read their writing, and stay clear of people where the quality drops too soon, or serial thread starters and not finishers. Choose who you like best, and if you've got more than one quality response, well, tell 'em nicely, and perhaps offer to play something else, or ask for their ideas."

"No-one who's any good minds being 'second best' from time to time. As long as you let them down nicely".

Hi NLFlame..I sympathise with you..(Points to Mr.Adam..:rose:) I'm very lucky to write with this gentleman...And what he says is so.

I hope in time you find the right thread for you, with the right partner..It can be very disheartening to try, and not have the effort returned.

"Well, I'm sold on one and had to disappoint a few others but they've all been really good about it. Here's to hoping that it all works out beautifully."

Night does her best to look like a cat that caught a mouse and now doesn't quite know what to do with it.

"Thank you for the kind thoughts."

Hey people, glad you're making yourselves at home.

pours geronimo his wine

Hmm... I need me a barmaid around here for when the Americans want to drink. Any volunteers?

Hey people, glad you're making yourselves at home.

pours geronimo his wine

Hmm... I need me a barmaid around here for when the Americans want to drink. Any volunteers?

i'll dress up in a skirt, blonde wig, and high heels.

erm ...?

shit.

i'll dress up in a skirt, blonde wig, and high heels.

erm ...?

shit.

I bet you'll be divine dahling.

drag-queen-curly-blonde-fancy-dress-wig-with-jewel-913-p.jpg

But, without wanting to rain on your Mardi Gras, aren't you in the UK too?

I bet you'll be divine dahling.

But, without wanting to rain on your Mardi Gras, aren't you in the UK too?

yes'm. currently in gatwick - on a job. i understand tuesday night is 'flight night'; grab an air hosty in a local night spot. i'll fit right in wearing the complete ensemble. just call me clarissa.

... uh, i didn't mean that.

shit ... again.

Ugh, will this crappy weather never end? I've always preferred winter to summer but wading through endless snow and slush is not my idea of fun. Neither is a knee injury. :( It's bad for business and everything else. I hereby declare it spring.

glares out the window

Humph.

Ah well, if nothing else I can sit on my ass and catch up with some posts.

pours a glass of red

Well the snow's up and gone but it's still bloody cold here, especially when you throw in the windchill factor. Think some hot buttered rum is definitely in order.

Take
1 tsp unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp maple syrup or honey
½ tsp ground cinnamon (or allspice)
50ml/2fl oz navy/golden rum (no girls, Bacardi will not work)
most of a mug of water, to top up

Throw it all into a pan and you get...

Bellagio%20-%20Hot%20Buttered%20Rum.jpg

Delicious. :)

Sets a potload by the fire to keep it warm, wondering who the aroma will attract

*wanders in bouncing a racquetball against the floor*

*looses the ball as my eyes go to the fireplace*

That smells tasty!

*glances around for vice*

catches the squash ball (you are in virtual Blighty darling) and sets it on the bar. ladles PJack a generous mug from the pot and hands it to them

Here you go, hope you both like it.

moves out of arm's reach, back behind the bar as though the barrier between us protects me one iota. i bounce the ball on the bar and catch it as though playing with tacks

So, how are we today?

Sips the warm brew and smiles as warmth creeps into my toes.

Well better then yesterday, not as good as tomorrow, and much better then the day before tomorrow. As well as a bit better the next day from yesterday. If that makes any sense at all, then this beer is free.

Takes another sip and smacks my lips.

Very good stuff, Jack Sparrow would enjoy it quite thoroughly.

Sips the warm brew and smiles as warmth creeps into my toes.

Well better then yesterday, not as good as tomorrow, and much better then the day before tomorrow. As well as a bit better the next day from yesterday. If that makes any sense at all, then this beer is free.

Takes another sip and smacks my lips.

Very good stuff, Jack Sparrow would enjoy it quite thoroughly.

That's Captain Jack Sparrow.

Beer's always free... tomorrow. What you have there though young Yankeepadawan is navy rum. :p

Wanders in to explore a new haunt.

Hello, there.

Hi and welcome. What'll it be?

Glances at the tankard.

Well, yea, but....

Blushes.

I don't drink much actually.

Shrugs.

Still not allowed, in the states. So... As you know i'm starvin Marvin... You serve anything delicious in here, sides carrots?

Back