The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

What app do you use for music on the Roku? I've fallen back in love with Tune In which was one of the first radio apps for Android. It's so hard to find good classical music and Tune In's Sounds of the symphony fills that gap nicely.

Pandora. They have several "soft piano" channels that are great for a relaxing ambiance. Since we subscribed three years ago their classical channels have vastly improved, too; apparently they hired a new curator.

Pandora. They have several "soft piano" channels that are great for a relaxing ambiance. Since we subscribed three years ago their classical channels have vastly improved, too; apparently they hired a new curator.
Maybe I should try Pandora again. I might still be paying for it. No matter what classical channel I tried to use, the content always drifted to easy listening. I don't like "easy listening". I'd start thumbing down their choices, but then Pandora would tell me that their agreements to use the music required them to play what they were trying to feed me. I quit using them.

PS. Just checked my card statement. I am still paying them about $4/month.

where do I find Pandora please.

Maybe I should try Pandora again. I might still be paying for it. No matter what classical channel I tried to use, the content always drifted to easy listening. I don't like "easy listening". I'd start thumbing down their choices, but then Pandora would tell me that their agreements to use the music required them to play what they were trying to feed me.

Yeah, they take some management or they'll overwhelm your channel with their choices. If you try 'em again, "Romantic Era" and "20th Century Classical" are new channels. They seem to behave themselves most of the time.

The current ongoing controversy is "crossovers" - tracks you've thumbed-up on another channel bleeding into whatever you're favoring at the moment, even if it's not appropriate for the channel. It's been going on for a while and drawing a lot of complaints, but they very obviously do not care. If Spotify wasn't over twice as much, I'd think more seriously about switching, but every time I try Spotify, I reel at their awful user interface.

It's been bad enough with the streaming services, I've gone back to buying CDs and iTunes albums (if no CD) for artists I enjoy. But for everyday ambiance, the soft piano channels are nice to have.

Between Jo and me, we have almost too many gadgets. I have a laptop, a desktop here, and one at my Mum and Pop place. She has a work computer (paid for by the company), a personal computer at work, a laptop, a tablet, and a computer here. Right now, I'm on my laptop, sitting at the kitchen table, while Donnie is in my office, watching for his preschool bus, and Cat is running between the kitchen and my office, trying to decide how to prevent Donnie from leaving for school. LOL We each replace our toys on odd intervals with something new bought and some old discarded. It isn't smart, but there's always something new and more shiny to buy.
I've looked a couple times. I want something a lot smaller and a lot quieter.

Ole' Betsy was originally a media center/home theater that I repurposed when its predecessor decided to reboot itself every few minutes. It was sized to fit in a stereo component cabinet, so it's big. And it also has something like seven fans, so it's also noisy. And all that to run a fast (for its age) single-core AMD processor. I can do a lot better now.

Or I could just work with my laptop. It's a 7000-series Dell Latitude, so its really capable, but I'd need to get docks for it.

I'm glad I never got rid of my CDs. I'm having to drive a fair bit nowadays, so I'm actually listening to the radio. While most stations are run by the same multinational conglomerates, there's a good independent station - which has its news and ads out of synch with the others, so when the others go to ads, I can switch to 107.8 and get some decent music.

I really ought to put some more CDs in the car, though. The kids rebelled by only wanting Radio 4 or classical, so for years I never had music there.

I fell out of love with Pandora. Give Tunein a try, some of those channels are amazing
https://tunein.com/
Being a fan of old time radio there's plenty of that to find here too

Morning all

I've gone back to Tunein as well. Spotify is repetitive, and Iheart radio has buffering issues in the car. Tunein seems to work better and seems to have a larger buffer.

Heading down to the foreshore this morning for the Good Friday market.

Thanks, guys.

I loaded the TuneIn app on the Roku, and so far haven't found a channel/station/whatever-they-call-'em that correlates with the soft piano channels we have on Pandora. I'll explore them online and see what I'm missing; the Roku app obviously favors more popular genres.

Thanks, guys.

I loaded the TuneIn app on the Roku, and so far haven't found a channel/station/whatever-they-call-'em that correlates with the soft piano channels we have on Pandora. I'll explore them online and see what I'm missing; the Roku app obviously favors more popular genres.
I use the desktop app to search for my favorites, that carries over to the Roku app.
(I haven't found a roku app that's worth a damn yet for any product)

I'm here, more or less. I spent a large part of the day being run in and out of a PET scanner. My cancan doc spent a while running me through all the pretty glowing pictures of my insides. Kind of disheartening to tell the truth. Monday I go for orientation and Tuesday I start treatment. Only Time will tell.

I got my hospital bed from the VA yesterday. Last night was the first good nights sleep I've had in a while.

Today was long and painful. I hope my pain pills show up in the next few days. Speaking of pills. I have a box full I need to sort and stock in my day box.

I'm here, more or less. I spent a large part of the day being run in and out of a PET scanner. My cancan doc spent a while running me through all the pretty glowing pictures of my insides. Kind of disheartening to tell the truth. Monday I go for orientation and Tuesday I start treatment. Only Time will tell.

I got my hospital bed from the VA yesterday. Last night was the first good nights sleep I've had in a while.

Today was long and painful. I hope my pain pills show up in the next few days. Speaking of pills. I have a box full I need to sort and stock in my day box.
Hang in there, Tx.

Between my restless legs and the pain in my back, sleep isn't coming.
Sympathy. I'm planning to give up and have breakfast in a minute, then plan a nap later. The question is whether I'm awake enough to operate the AeroPress....

Pandora 'is not available in your country'
TuneIn is, though.

We got sunshine and+10C
And now for the coffee.

Coffee is on!

I was going to go and take photos today, but the weather has other plans. Really want to go out and enjoy some nature, maybe after the coffee the rain will stop.

Anyway, feel free to join me and grab a cup.

It's supposed to start raining and not stop until Thursday, starting this afternoon.
Going to be grey and gloomy here for a while.

I've put the teapot on the back burner for anyone who wants hot water for their tea. Got the appointment with the ophthalmologist so we'll see if I need surgery. Right now I'm watching the randy robins in the back yard as the sun comes up. It's going to be a nice day today before the rain comes in overnight.

Back