The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

TxRad

Dirty Old Man
The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room #9

Come on in. Take a seat up here at the counter or at the insomniac table out in the middle of the room or back in the corner, whichever suits you best.

We serve coffee but remember this ain't Starbucks. It only comes in black. What you do with it after that is you're own problem. The beans are ground by the little Japanese girl who lives upstairs using her bike racing trainer bike. The dragon keeps the water hot.

The gun turrets and blanket fort have been removed. The fichus tree has been replaced with a large pencil cactus. So beware.

If you play nice, the waitresses (If I ever get any) might spice it for you. There is usually something warming in the end cabinet of the counter.

If you have a new story you're proud of, post a link. Post a link even if you're not proud of it. It'll give everyone something to talk about.

No fighting and no trolling. I'd hate to have the AH Mod toss your ass out of here. Flirting will be tolerated to a point and then you can rent a room out back if you need to carry things farther. Stay out of the basement unless you are into dungeons. Beware the dragon. We have all kinds of weird visiting animals so keep your hands in your own lap.

Thank you and welcome aboard.

Between the disinfectant and the fire hose, this place should be clean enough to be Covid free. Most of us are already shot, uh, had our shots or at least the ones for Covid.

Last edited:
I found it, I found it! (And I don't care if you all were trying to hide from me! You can't keep me out!!!)

:) Seriously though ... welcome everyone!

Welcome one and all. I know there are a few changes but its still the same old place cleaned up.

The old place had over 50k views and 5k post. 1:1000 ratio. About the same as in the story file.

Is that awful nuke-powered coffee pot still on the counter? Or did you hire a haz-mat team to get it the heck out of here?!

Yeah, Mr P, that thing is gone and replaced with the biggest Mr Coffee machine they make, so drink up.

Don't pay attention to the massive plot bunny next to your coffee.
original.jpg

I don't mean to be soooo picky...but omg what's with the hair??!?!??

My exact thought when it popped up on the screen.

What happened to the PB bunnies? I was still trying to make up my mind between #2 and #4.

Oops. Never mind. Other thread. Still can't decide. Oh. OK. I can have both. Mmmm.

I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be around between Saturday (Sept 4th) and Monday (October 2nd) .... VACATION!!!

Weekend - going to a Renfair. (The dress I had needed to be ....errr...*debates whether I admit to having to take it out a little*) ..... anyway, I fixed it and I'm going to Renfair!!!!! *Shouts out - A POX ON YOU!*

And on Monday a friend and I are going to the San Juan Islands in Washington state. Three islands - San Juan, Orcas, and ....I can't remember the other. But there are hot springs to soak in!!!! Yayyyy

Anyway, I may pop in tomorrow to get a cup of coffee, but if you don't see me ... please dont shut the room down and find another to hide. Pleeassee. i have come to love this group. Everyone has been warm and inviting and encouraging. Thank you so much.

DR

Have fun!

It's raining in the desert. A little, anyway. It's good to have, but it needs to take a break for the Balloon Fiesta. It's hard for me to believe, but that starts just a week from tomorrow.

I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be around between Saturday (Sept 4th) and Monday (October 2nd) .... VACATION!!!

Weekend - going to a Renfair. (The dress I had needed to be ....errr...*debates whether I admit to having to take it out a little*) ..... anyway, I fixed it and I'm going to Renfair!!!!! *Shouts out - A POX ON YOU!*

And on Monday a friend and I are going to the San Juan Islands in Washington state. Three islands - San Juan, Orcas, and ....I can't remember the other. But there are hot springs to soak in!!!! Yayyyy

Anyway, I may pop in tomorrow to get a cup of coffee, but if you don't see me ... please dont shut the room down and find another to hide. Pleeassee. i have come to love this group. Everyone has been warm and inviting and encouraging. Thank you so much.

DR
Sept 4th? You're late! You're very very late! Follow that plot bunny with the waistcoat and the pocket watch! QUICK!

To do my part in the Conversion From Eight To Nine, I have filled the napkin dispenser. Maybe next time I'll fill it with napkins.

And the first midnight coffee in the new place is late. But the coffee is hot and black.

My nap ran long and the Sloppy Joes for supper gave me indigestion.

Nice dress but being the perverts, writers we are, we wanted to see what you looked like in it. No head you understand, we can add those as we wish. 😜

Nice dress but being the perverts, writers we are, we wanted to see what you looked like in it. No head you understand, we can add those as we wish. 😜
Well that's different. A lot on Lit would've normally asked to see me out of the dress I thought lol
And might have wanted ... errr... head..

I'll just blame it on the coffee fumes and indigestion. :rolleyes:

With two naked ladies running around the place, uh, head isn't a problem believe me.

Naked ladies in the new coffee shop? I'm in!

Mostly because it's too cold for being naked round here. I'll just sleepily sip a latte in the corner. Ug.

Well that's different. A lot on Lit would've normally asked to see me out of the dress I thought lol
And might have wanted ... errr... head..
Oh fair maiden, while we wouldst dearly enjoyeth p'rusing the gifts our l'rd god hast given thee, t'is most unbecoming f'r a gentleman to asketh.

Prithee enjoyeth the fair.

Rusty, I'm not even going to ask what you were sucking on as you typed that. :unsure:

I'm glad the Dragon is of occasional [heating] use in the coffee department.
[And I'm not convinced of which dialect Rusty was using]

But I'd be delighted to try one of the dragon-heated coffee, please.
The old Nuke version could be a trifle - difficult at times.

One fresh pot of coffee coming up.

HP, the old nuke pot was buried with the plastic ficus tree.

Breakfast is not imagined at the present.

Back