The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

I've put the teapot on the back burner for anyone who wants hot water for their tea. Got the appointment with the ophthalmologist so we'll see if I need surgery. Right now I'm watching the randy robins in the back yard as the sun comes up. It's going to be a nice day today before the rain comes in overnight.
Overnight???
They push it back again???
I last heard it was supposed to start this afternoon.

We had a lot of rain yesterday, thunder and lightning all day long, the kind of thunder and lightning that always comes with a power outage down here. Ditches (swales) were full and running fast, all the leaves I blew into those ditches were finally washed down stream. Then last night at midnight, 6 hours after the last crack of thunder the power went out. My oxygen concentrator doesn't like that, the alarm scared the neighbors chickens.

Gawd. It's one of those Seven Dwarfs mornings. You know, Sleepy, Grumpy, Sneezy... where in the hell is Doc?

Dog woke me up at 5:00 wanting attention. And 6:00. And 7:00. He's not a watchdog, he's a clockdog. Where's the little lever to turn off the hourly chime?

We've had three days of rain here. I like it, I tell people its what it looks like inside my head all the time.
Are y'alls under a Flood Watch or anything???

It's not supposed to come down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, but more like a light rain with a few heavy spots.

Donnie is being a royal pain in my ass today. He doesn't want to go to school and won't tell me why. He isn't sick. I asked him if anyone was bothering him; he said no. So, my PI ESP is going crazy on me, and I'm going to have to go to the school and watch him, at least part of the day, from the observation room. I want to make sure no one is picking on him. I'm on my fourth, yes fourth, cup of coffee this morning and haven't written a lick for me since one am last night. I don't have any paid work until Monday, so a perfect time to be writing for me!!!

Time for a fifth cup of caffeinated and I'll never get to sleep tonight.

Are y'alls under a Flood Watch or anything???

It's not supposed to come down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, but more like a light rain with a few heavy spots.
Not this time, we had one a couple weeks back. But I live on a small dead end street with one drain and the bottom of my driveway looks like a lake.

Not this time, we had one a couple weeks back. But I live on a small dead end street with one drain and the bottom of my driveway looks like a lake.
I can imagine it probably takes a while for it to drain too.
That sucks.
You get a lot of storms where you are???

I'm all in favor of buns!

Now if it's cinnamon rolls you're talking about, that's good, too. Even though the really good ones give me heartburn. :rolleyes:

I've overdone it. I'm writing a story on my laptop, have my work computer running a simulation in a window on my desktop, and now I have the forum up like I had nothing else to do.

It won't be long before the cats get concerned and come to interrupt me (again).

Sun helps all sorts of ailments. Being attended to by two redheads improves the treatment no end.
Could you despatch a redhead or two this way, please? My prescription appears to have run out. Also the early sun probably is what woke me up. Or the heating, which I swear has two settings, too hot or too cold.

I want to try dozing for another three hours. Then I'll give in and power through with coffee.

Good morning all... the coffee is ON

also, there are waffles, the Norwegian kind, not Belgian.

The sun is shining for now.

Thanks for getting the coffee @orangecurious

All right! Norwegian waffles... Norwegian waffles??? Made with lutefisk? Uff Da! or are they more like Krumkake?

Busy day yesterday, GG wanted a new hot tub so she bought one along with an industrial strength set of stairs to go with it. Everything arrived yesterday, the stairs came at 8:30 so in the pitch dark at the edge of civilization I was guiding a truck the size of a small barn into my back yard. I just hope the electricians can hook this thing up today.

Now I need a new bathing suit

All right! Norwegian waffles... Norwegian waffles??? Made with lutefisk? Uff Da! or are they more like Krumkake?
Norwegian waffles are usually round(ish) and softer than Belgian ones. Had mine with Brunost and jam.

anyway, one more coffee and then off out to take photos

The list of things I need to do today is too long. For now I'll wait for the sun to finish coming up, then I'll have coffee and breakfast.

Breakfast was 2 pcs low carb bread toasted with butter and 2 pcs crispy bacon along with half a large Granny Smith apple.

I won't go into detail BUT the ongoing family saga for March has been over an 'easement' (very long and very skinny) that the hubby's family seems to inherited i.e. surface rights and mineral rights (which is how I got a very tiny piece of when hubby died). My share is 1/32!

No one in his family actually knew/remembered about this. Why does it matter? Well a 48" pipeline (natural gas) just needs to cross that 50 ft or so wide easement. This is a land-locked strip. Family wants to 'hold hostage' the pipeline company for more $$$. Want to know what my 1/32 will get? A whopping $180.00 or so.

This was actually keeping me up at night, losing sleep over this. I am gonna take the $180.00 and let the rest of them do what they wish (I am also conveying any interest I have in ANY of the properties my former father in law had and which I inherited another 1/32 of anything) to one of the grandsons--I am too old to deal with all this crap!

Back