The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 04: Come On In

Status
Not open for further replies.
....The only person with Chloe's speed, is Chloe on speed.

Fresh coffee for the evening crowd.

There’s your answer. Caffeine. Caffeinated Chloe.....except today. Not a word done today. Work... real stork.... sigh

There’s your answer. Caffeine. Caffeinated Chloe.....except today. Not a word done today. Work... real stork.... sigh

Caffeine is the answer to a lot of problems. ;)

I don't think I want to know about the stork part but how was the drive to and from work? Did the snow even slow you down?

I need to fry something for supper. My grease level is low.

I hated Red Bull but they're available when other caffeine delivery vehicles are not, so now I drink Red Bull bc Caffeine Addiction!!!

I'll take a cup of joe to help make the nasty taste of Red Bull go away, if there's still some in the pot, Tex.

I hated Red Bull but they're available when other caffeine delivery vehicles are not, so now I drink Red Bull bc Caffeine Addiction!!!

I'll take a cup of joe to help make the nasty taste of Red Bull go away, if there's still some in the pot, Tex.

There is always some still in the pot. ;)

Homemade beef, bean, and cheese burritos for supper. I am a happy and stuffed Tex at the present. I made six so there are some left for lunch and or supper tomorrow. :)

I'm working on my Geek story. I still have no idea where it is headed or how geeky it will be but.... Full steam ahead.

49f and sunny today in the land of lying lawyers, so I fired up the grill and threw on a couple NY Strips. Made a fresh garden salad, some waffle fries and some shoepeg corn to go with the steaks then rang the dinner bell for some awesomeness I like to call my family. Funny how red meat cooked over an open flame can make everything seem ok, for a while at least... Now back to work on my April Fools Day story. ;)

"Laurel never answered me back on the liquor license so I hung up my Licker license."
Made me smile!
I'll put liquer—no, licquer—no liqueur! in my coffee now.

"Laurel never answered me back on the liquor license so I hung up my Licker license."
Made me smile!
I'll put liquer—no, licquer—no liqueur! in my coffee now.

My licker ain't that long but it sure is wide and strong. :D

Steak and open flames. Talk about things going hand in hand. Just keep the hands out of the fire. That's what the tongs are for.

Briefly escape the snow tomorrow, we can. We shall. We must. Into the storm-swept Central Valley, around foreseeable flooding, to doctors and retailers, and then back into the slush. But I don't know if we can bring the little RV home yet.

At least we're no longer bounded by the Russian River north of San Francisco. At the base of our old hill, the forecast is 14 ft / 4.2 m above flood stage. All queer Goonieville er I mean Guerneville will submerge. Vineyards will drown. Giant redwoods will topple. Propane tanks will float to the ocean, to be exploded by rangers with rifles. Orcas will swim upstream to nibble insane kayakers. Yum.

Coffee and coffeecake are set for early take-off. Hope we don't need pontoons.

Briefly escape the snow tomorrow, we can. We shall. We must. Into the storm-swept Central Valley, around foreseeable flooding, to doctors and retailers, and then back into the slush. But I don't know if we can bring the little RV home yet.

At least we're no longer bounded by the Russian River north of San Francisco. At the base of our old hill, the forecast is 14 ft / 4.2 m above flood stage. All queer Goonieville er I mean Guerneville will submerge. Vineyards will drown. Giant redwoods will topple. Propane tanks will float to the ocean, to be exploded by rangers with rifles. Orcas will swim upstream to nibble insane kayakers. Yum.

Coffee and coffeecake are set for early take-off. Hope we don't need pontoons.

Hey, I sell boats remember. They also make good sleds as long as you wartch out for rocks and trees. They might be a little hard to paddle back to the top of the hill.

Okay, fresh coffee for the after midnight grope, uh, group. I headed for bed.

Hey, I sell boats remember. They also make good sleds as long as you wartch out for rocks and trees. They might be a little hard to paddle back to the top of the hill.
I always carry a Martin Backpacker guitar as a spare watercraft paddle, just in case. Good for whacking orcas, too.

Meanwhile I recently saw an old bike with skate-type blades instead of wheels, for skating down snowy slopes. Yeah, downhill is easy. Where's that skyhook for the return uphill? Hey, I know -- turn the hill into a loop-de-loop Möbius strip.

Never carry coffee in a Klein bottle. Tequila, neither. Dribble dribble dribble...

We got some sunshine round here: And +10C, too.

Meanwhile, after a very disturbed night - Coffee please

PS. Is the bottle of whatever-it-is-at-the-end-of-the-bar available at any time or just evenings ?

58 and very foggy here, HP.

Fresh coffee is available and yes, HP, the stash is still in the same place and it is available as long as you can reach it.

Disturbed night? It rained on and off all night long. I wanted to sleep in, The cat wanted breakfast. Guess who won.

Oh yeah, and cue the camel, it's Hump Day.

62f raining. Last night the thunder just kept rolling. Lulled me to sleep.

Good morning everyone.

Coffee is good this morning... not that it isn't every morning. :rolleyes:

Y'all have a good day.

We've had another warm sunny day with blue skies and bluish sea. It can't and won't last. It is still February but my wife has virtually finished her spring tidy-up of the garden. The snowdrops are out, so are many of the bulbs. The grass will need its first cut soon - if it isn't covered in snow next week.

Coffee needed. I've just submitted my short April Fool story and I need a break.

We've had another warm sunny day with blue skies and bluish sea. It can't and won't last. It is still February but my wife has virtually finished her spring tidy-up of the garden. The snowdrops are out, so are many of the bulbs. The grass will need its first cut soon - if it isn't covered in snow next week.

Coffee needed. I've just submitted my short April Fool story and I need a break.

My little patch of 'lawn' got its first cut the other day.
And we have Crocus, Daffodils, and loads'a buds.
It cannot possibly last; the glass is falling even now.
But I've made a start on my new [replacement] millivolt thing.

Can I have a cup of coffee please and leave some space for that stuff from under the counter please.

Uggg, today was supposed to be my final edit run for the April Fools Day Contest but those fucking characters started talking to me and they have a will of their own so now I'm in for another 1,500 words and probably going to need for it to sit on the shelf for a couple more days until my next final edit pass.

Crap!

I was hoping to submit tomorrow. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Hey HP, while you're in that cabinet, can you pour two or three fingers of something amber into a glass for me??? :D

Coffee. More coffee. Writing Chinese Takeout chapter 6. Bikers and Harleys. They've just had coffee with you, Tex :D. Parked Xanadu for a few days while I wrap up Chinese Takeout and then it's Gothic Horror and a couple of others. Pants....:eek:

We were able to drive out and far today; to hear good medical news; to shop to restock after a couple weeks snowbound; to drive back, and unload; and to still avoid both floods and wendigos. Whew. Our old home hills in Sonoma Cownty are now officially islands, with transport and power cut. And the grocers are submerged. Orca in aisle one!

Back in the day, we had freezer-thaw parties there, great pot-lucks that moved from home to home as powerless days passed. Fire up a charcoal grill and cook whatever would otherwise rot. Feed the community. Don't forget wine that's vineyard country.

A nearby town received 21 in / 53 cm of rain in 48 hours. Anyone got a mop?

Wow! That’s crazy! The Russian River seemed to flood every third year or so when I lived out that way but, this sounds nuts! You really shouldn’t pick onold Guernville so much, it’s a fun little town. I rented a house outside of there down on a creek, I hope it makes it, it was a really great house.

Wow! That’s crazy! The Russian River seemed to flood every third year or so when I lived out that way but, this sounds nuts! You really shouldn’t pick onold Guernville so much, it’s a fun little town. I rented a house outside of there down on a creek, I hope it makes it, it was a really great house.

Hypoxia's AV pretty much sums him up but he is interesting all the same. :D

Welcome to the AH and the coffee shop. Jump in with both feet. We're not picky but we do pick on people we like. Hang around and get to know the gang. We grow on ya in time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back