The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waffles sound divine! Munchkin wanted Minnie Mouse pancake with whipped cream, so pancakes it was.

I guess it's the bow that sets them apart from Mickey Mouse pancakes. ;)

The first flight of Starling I've seen or heard were raising hell in the big oak by the end of the house this morning. When they start to migrate back north usually signals the end of winter around here.

6.30pm and a lot of the snow has either blown off or melted.
But there's enough of it left for those who want such a thing.

Radar is showing a band of precipitation advancing quickly from the west, so we may get our own. Unfortunately it's moving too fast to leave a significant amount of water behind.

EDIT: Okay, sustained winds reached 50mph with gusts over 60. We have blowing dust, light rain and a few snow pellets, and it's supposed to last (probably without the rain) all day. I think I'll take a nap. 'Tain't fit out for man nor beast.

Last edited:
What you need is some SNOW. :D
Got a bit, thanks much. Now we could use some MELT. And some SPACE. And the ROAD. That's why we'll go spinning sometime around Easter, heading out in the little housecar for 4-5 weeks, target New Orleans via San Antonio. We'll stop across the alley from the Alamo and maybe take a dinghy downstream. We'll eat us a heap of Cajun foods, yes we will. And then return home for the next heart procedure, oh joy. If negativity happens, I'll go out well-fed.

We're reviewing Cajun cuisine at this very moment. How will the Gulf hold up against the Coast? Them boys don't use no avocados, do they? We'll see. But now, coffee. Without chicory.

EDIT: Thick snow remains, too much to drive through for milk. WARNING: powdered coffee 'creamer' doesn't make cream of crab soup any creamier. At least we have canned whipped cream for tomorrow's coffee.

Last edited:
. . . . then return home for the next heart procedure, oh joy. If negativity happens, I'll go out well-fed.

EDIT: Thick snow remains, too much to drive through for milk. WARNING: powdered coffee 'creamer' doesn't make cream of crab soup any creamier. At least we have canned whipped cream for tomorrow's coffee.

1. Fingers crossed.
2. I used to have a motor-caravan. A nice gadget which could help me mess about at frequent intervals. I fitted it up with an aerial mast, some Ham Radio kit and often would endeavour to find somewhere where a good signal was possible (the now-Ex hated that). That was fun !.

sometime around Easter, heading out in the little housecar for 4-5 weeks, target New Orleans via San Antonio. We'll stop across the alley from the Alamo and maybe take a dinghy downstream. We'll eat us a heap of Cajun foods, yes we will. And then return home for the next heart procedure, oh joy. If negativity happens, I'll go out well-fed.

Have fun on your trip, and hope the return turns out well for you.

I can't hardly even read about snow without panic setting in. This winter was tough for us (brutal for others, I realize, as in "sustained winds reached 50mph with gusts over 60. We have blowing dust, light rain and a few snow pellets...").:eek:

It did, however, lead to the installation of a whole-home generator, so something good came from it all. :)

We have a double line of storms blowing through now. 60 mph wind gusts and softball sized hail have been reported. The first wave brush by to the north by a few miles. I might not be as lucky with the next batch.

In any case, fresh coffee and kettle for the evening crowd.

We have a double line of storms blowing through now. 60 mph wind gusts and softball sized hail have been reported. The first wave brush by to the north by a few miles. I might not be as lucky with the next batch.

In any case, fresh coffee and kettle for the evening crowd.

I would hope not to be near any softball-sized hail. Property damage aside, a direct hit would be fatal.

I'm starting to think that "Tamsin of Sky Village" might be done. After eight weeks and only 7,000 words, it needs to be damned good.

1. Fingers crossed.
2. I used to have a motor-caravan. A nice gadget which could help me mess about at frequent intervals. I fitted it up with an aerial mast, some Ham Radio kit and often would endeavour to find somewhere where a good signal was possible (the now-Ex hated that). That was fun !.
In our early camping days we always took one of our Sony ICF-2010 shortwave receivers. (Our own, or the inheritance.) We'd setup the tent, build the kitchen, and tune to BBC or CBC or Deutsche Welle or NHK (Japan) or RAI (Italy) or whatever. We fell out of that habit when we stopped sleeping on the ground.

We cooked our coffee on one of those cheap 'espresso' pots back then. Lousy, but better than instante. And we had tinned milk. What didn't go in the coffee went on the granola.

Them was the days. Now we roll from the king bed, pee in the expansive bath, plug a CD into the player, light the burner or nuke water, and pour in powder. Grab a granola bar, a banana, and a tub of Greek yogurt, and we're ready for the whatever.

But I miss the Beeb in the morning.

Gonna need a whole pot of coffee to myself in the morning. Finally submitted my April Fools story after telling myself I wasn’t going to write it, it wrestled its way out of me 😭 lol! Better late than never. Good night 😴

P.s to morning me:

Not sorry! Lol

When they start to migrate back north usually signals the end of winter around here.

For us, it's the arrival in the gardens of Blackbirds and so on.
I think they've arrived a bit 'early'.

'End of winter' - I wish.
It's weather like this wot makes nostalgia limp.

Amen.
The sounds of the wind whizzing round the house is rather mournful.

And we still have ZERO degrees, so I'll have a nice hot coffee please !

The bushfires yesterday in Oz could have been much worse. About 50 homes/farms lost in Western Victoria as the fire expanded to about 110,000 acres, but no human lives lost - unfortunately several thousand cattle were killed.

Then late in the day a tiny village, Tathra on the NSW south coast was unexpectedly hit by a fire which crossed the Bega river. Half the village, 70 homes lost but again no lives. Kinda ironic that all the homes lost were within 250 metres of the largest body of water on the planet: the Pacific ocean - but it all happened too fast.

Meanwhile in Northern Australia the NT and North WA are recovering from Cyclone Marcus and floods, whilst Canberra has enjoyed a dust storm.

Another Cyclone is forecast for next week but probably in a very thinly populated area of the North West.

Coffee? It's time to add the Red Bull. Got lots done but still one big shot em up scene in to do. Work today and then heads down tonight and tomorrow morning and then submit tomorrow night. So that extra pot on the side of the counter that looks a bit strange, that's mine and better not drink it unless you want to be wired tight for the next three days. (Empties pot). Next!

Rotter, Lady.
I'll make the next coffee, I think. You're too dangerous with a coffee pot. . . . . :rose:

We're due a bit of a rise in temperature tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it !

Salut !

PS. I do hope you made provision for my siut to be properly cleaned, post action. . . .

Laundry? HP, you're worried about the laundry? Is there such a thing as being too British?

Yes, I know. It is the middle of the afternoon. I was up at seven and back in bed a few minutes later. Housemate and Houseguest thought it was time to take advantage of me. I feel so used. NOT! :D

They decided we needed something from town for supper. I'm betting on Chinese but then again, with those two, who knows. Only time will tell.

Fresh coffee for the afternooner crowd and yes, I sterilized that pot Chloe used for her coffee this morning.

Fresh coffee for the afternooner crowd and yes, I sterilized that pot Chloe used for her coffee this morning.

It probably was already sterile. Nothing could survive that dosage of caffeine. And now, heads down. No time to lose....

Laundry? HP, you're worried about the laundry? Is there such a thing as being too British?

Yes, I know. It is the middle of the afternoon. I was up at seven and back in bed a few minutes later. Housemate and Houseguest thought it was time to take advantage of me. I feel so used. NOT! :D

They decided we needed something from town for supper. I'm betting on Chinese but then again, with those two, who knows. Only time will tell.

Who said 'laundry'?
Do you realise how difficult it is to dry-clean a good suit ?
Laundry indeed ! :(

I'll have a cup of nice coffee please.. On second thoughts at this time of nighjt I'[d better stick to Tea.

The bushfires yesterday in Oz could have been much worse. About 50 homes/farms lost in Western Victoria as the fire expanded to about 110,000 acres, but no human lives lost - unfortunately several thousand cattle were killed.

Then late in the day a tiny village, Tathra on the NSW south coast was unexpectedly hit by a fire which crossed the Bega river. Half the village, 70 homes lost but again no lives. Kinda ironic that all the homes lost were within 250 metres of the largest body of water on the planet: the Pacific ocean - but it all happened too fast.

Meanwhile in Northern Australia the NT and North WA are recovering from Cyclone Marcus and floods, whilst Canberra has enjoyed a dust storm.

Another Cyclone is forecast for next week but probably in a very thinly populated area of the North West.

Whoa, what a mess. Pretty amazing that all that is going on and no one has been killed. You must have great fire fighters and first responders.

Coffee and kettle for the late night crew.

Not much writing tonight but some interesting discussions with the Housemate and houseguest. They decided to read some of my work. Some of it was not what they expected and the rest had them fanning their faces.

The main comment was, "A good imagination is a bad thing to waste."

My reaction. "Who says it's all imagination."

They are back at the laptop muttering among themselves. I may be in trouble later. Not that I mind in the least. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back