The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon. All are welcome!

actually a bee keeper told me that a alfalfa flower can be outright ornery for a bee to pollinate, I can't remember the dynamics he was explaining, but he said the bees can get right pissed off with alfalfa(I was laughing to hard as he was explaining it to truly absorb the information)

alfalfa flowers have a "forceful tripping mechanism" making bees reluctant to pollinate them, hence why they have "leaf cutter bees".....there! for anybody whom wants to know something about bees(I just looked up that bit of info)

I get great moon shots with my phone. I'd have to somehow connect it to a telescope to get star shots. My stars just look like white dots.

There's a guy on IG, @simon2940, who does marvelous sun shots. His photography is amazing!
I’ve seen his stuff!! It really is fantastic.

Years ago I toyed with the idea of getting a computer controlled scope with a camera mount on top so I could do some neat celestial night shots, but by the time I priced everything out, took the time needed to do this into account, equipment upgrades, software, well, that was the end of that idea.

There are tutorials on how to use the cellphone and filters and “tricks” to take great night sky photos, but I haven’t had the time to look into it.

alfalfa flowers have a "forceful tripping mechanism" making bees reluctant to pollinate them, hence why they have "leaf cutter bees".....there! for anybody whom wants to know something about bees(I just looked up that bit of info)
I know about the birds and the bees, does that count?

actually the honey bees seem to be pretty good natured, give them a flower and they are happy, same with the bumble bees
I've found that here. We have lots of flowers and flowering trees here. I like to see the bees at work. We have a lot of hummingbirds also. Anna's hummingbirds live here year round.

Last edited:
I've found thar here. We have lots of flowers and flowering trees here. I like to see the bees at work. We have a lot of hummingbirds also. Anna's hummingbirds live here year round.
If you're not obviously threatening them or the hive, they will leave you alone. We had a lot of them buzzing around our food and drinks at the outdoor restaurant where we had lunch yesterday, it can get annoying, but nobody felt in danger of being stung.

I’ve seen his stuff!! It really is fantastic.

Years ago I toyed with the idea of getting a computer controlled scope with a camera mount on top so I could do some neat celestial night shots, but by the time I priced everything out, took the time needed to do this into account, equipment upgrades, software, well, that was the end of that idea.

There are tutorials on how to use the cellphone and filters and “tricks” to take great night sky photos, but I haven’t had the time to look into it.
I'm just a point and shoot girl. Nothing fancy.

I just worked 12 hours, and am doubling back in tomorrow morning (6 hours from now), but…..you think I can sleep? Heck no!

Having a 🍷—cheers to fellow night owls
I feel your pain! Try to get some rest. You'll be hating life in the morning if you don't. 🫂

I'm just a point and shoot girl. Nothing fancy.
I'm an amateur photohrapher, and while my equipment is far from top of any range, I still feel it is better than what a phone can do at this stage. Having said that, phone cameras are closing the gap fast, and are already more than adequate for most everyday purposes, esoecially on the top end phones, which mine definitely ain't. They say the best camera is the one you have with you when you need it, and that is where phone cameras win hands down, because you ALWAYS have it with you.

If you're not obviously threatening them or the hive, they will leave you alone. We had a lot of them buzzing around our food and drinks at the outdoor restaurant where we had lunch yesterday, it can get annoying, but nobody felt in danger of being stung.
For some reason, stinging insects tend to like my sweet, sweet blood. Maybe it's because I was a redhead? IDK. I just try to avoid them as I am very allergic.

Back