The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

There seem to be a lot of us here with sleep issues. I'm just hoping to get some sleep tonight. I haven't had much the last two nights. 😤😤

I've left the house to drive here like this a couple of times, and this one seems to have been the hardest. I may pass on doing it again on a three-day weekend unless I can take the second day and stretch it into four days. I seem to do better at hitting the road an hour or two before dawn and taking a nap when I land so I can be perky for supper.

I'm still evolving a new sleep equilibrium in general, so I get where you are.

Clicking that X in the top right corner helps . . . .

Ran into a bit of a glitch this morning driving home from parkrun. A truck driver somehow got his truck sideways across the road. Luckily there was just enough space to squeeze by on the left, cars coming the other way had a little more space. View attachment 2332753
It’s a good thing the truck seems to be empty. WOW, it’s gonna take a while to clear that rig! Good thing no one is hurt! 🙏

I've left the house to drive here like this a couple of times, and this one seems to have been the hardest. I may pass on doing it again on a three-day weekend unless I can take the second day and stretch it into four days. I seem to do better at hitting the road an hour or two before dawn and taking a nap when I land so I can be perky for supper.

I'm still evolving a new sleep equilibrium in general, so I get where you are.

Clicking that X in the top right corner helps . . . .

...you may not want to consider this but reaching my fifties, I loathe long drives. Used to love them - an age thing? I think I have less patience to sit in a car for so long..

...you may not want to consider this but reaching my fifties, I loathe long drives. Used to love them - an age thing? I think I have less patience to sit in a car for so long..
I would get paired to travel w/ my mom before she passed. She was a smoker. We split the difference between how often she wanted to stop for a smoke with how long my joints could last.

I still like road trips, but I need to stop sooner than most to stretch and I do better sleeping as a passenger than driving long stretches. 🤷‍♀️
You’d think I’d be old enough by now to know not to have that last drink (or 3)
Ooh, I remember what that was like. Does ending the night with some extra water and maybe an aspirin or paracetamol help any?

Sssh, everybody whisper around RRR today. 🤫

Last edited:
View attachment 2331513

My baby ^^ she & a piece of furniture have been with me forever :heart:

The CD player has a few hiccups when rotating but all still good
lost or left behind all my cassettes somewhere along the way - grrrrr

No one has mentioned AC/DC? sheesh
The first paycheck I earned(at $3.35 an hour in 1984) I went and bought a stereo that had a slide out turntable on the bottom, then the much desire dual cassette players so I could make my own taps, the AM/Fm. Cost $89 at Radio Shack.

If we're talking music and back in the day....how many people here bought Alpine car radios? Or Pioneer, Blaupunkt?
I had Alpine speakers, a Pioneer receiver-tuner, and BSR turntable. I remember Blaupunkt was considered a top of the line brand but I didn’t have any of their equipment. Might have put an Alpine cassette tape in my car but can’t remember for sure.

2 replaced knees + med condition = harder to get moving after long stretches + faster to fatigue

I would get paired to travel w/ my mom before she passed. She was a smoker. We split the difference between how often she wanted to stop for a smoke with how long my joints could last.

I still like road trips, but I need to stop sooner than most to stretch and I do better sleeping as a passenger than driving long stretches. 🤷‍♀️

Ooh, I remember what that was like. Does ending the night with some extra water and maybe an aspirin or paracetamol help any?

Sssh, everybody whisper around RRR today. 🤫
When doing a long trip I stop every two hours, which is always close to every 200 km. I'll have a cup of coffee and walk around to loosen up. My left knee for whatever reason when Im behind the wheel starts aching after about at hour, and by the time i make the two hour mark it is almost unbearable. It must be something to do with the position its held in for extended periods when driving. I can be on my bike the whole day without any knee pain at all, but put me behind the wheel of a car ...

I had a Clarion 8 track
The 8 Track was designed by Bill Lear as a side project for relaxation while he was designing the LearJet. The first in its class as a successful business jet and a homebrew.

He was basically a self-taught engineer who designed a lot of equipment used on U.S. space craft.

He wanted the 8 Track to be known as a Lear Stereo, and early models were marked that way but the term “8 Track” caught on.

I'm good with the age bit. It was the timing bit. I need to hit the road an hour or 2 before sunrise and be at my destination by sunset. This one involved bolting after work and a couple of nap stops. Got 'er done before but failed this time. So, there will be reconsideration.

For some reason, stinging insects tend to like my sweet, sweet blood. Maybe it's because I was a redhead? IDK. I just try to avoid them as I am very allergic.
Nearly everyone who "was a redhead" remains a redhead. The hair may shift, but the temperament and the skin color remain. I almost ALWAYS enjoy the redhead I know best.

Back