The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon. All are welcome!

Morning all! Time for a cuppa.

@B2fromA2looking4U … I saw the tigers won yesterday.

We have our annual forestry inspection today for our farm (well actually it’s a wooded lot technically which has a retry management plan). Our forester, Joe Baccagaluppo is a real character. Born in Italy but has the thickest jersey accent.

Just a real character. Great sense of humor and super knowledgeable. He will point out ten things i never knew.
Yes. A real character.

Stunning photo!

We've also done the Road to Hana, but as a tour. There was no way I was driving it! The coach was small and the driver was excellent! He was native Hawaiian and knew so much of the history, animals, plants, etc.

A very cool thing to do on Maui is to drive to the top of Haleakala to see the sun rise. You have to get up and go about 0300 to get to the top in time. It's just magical when the sun's rays come up over the volcano's crater!
We did do that but it wasn’t at sunrise. It was still breathtaking. Below us was a cloud bank (it was cloudy on Maui that day) but it was bright and sunny at the elevation we were at. The crater was magnificent. I loved the observatory as well, which is right next to it.

coupla nice pics from last nite.

It’s been cool in New Jersey. Probably not much over 55. But spring has finally sprung. our daffodils and forsythia.

Our very mature, cherry tree. It’s pretty windy today, but when the wind is calm, you can hear 1000s of bees inside the tree looking for pollen in the little flowers.

It’s crazy how good their photos turn out—SLRs are becoming obsolete unless you do specialized photography or spend a small fortune on different lenses.

There was a person at work today that had a phone that had 5 camera lenses on it—the versatility and quality is crazy.

Beautiful babies!
I have had AKC registered purebreds as well as Heinz 57 rescue mutts over the decades.
I prefer large/medium dogs...the smartest I owned was an Australian Shepard. Golden Retrievers are truly family dogs.
If anyone with kids talks to me about dogs, I always recommend a Golden Retriever.
Somehow,my kids always grew up with dogs and I feel they are better humans because of that part of their upbringing.
When my kids were very young we had a doberman who was otherwise the most gentle dobe I know .
When any one from outside my family touched my kids the dog would convey to them that such behaviour was not acceptable.

In my view,if the family is well adjusted, dogs of all breeds , adjust well into the family

….how good their photos turn out—SLRs are becoming obsolete…

Anymore they are cameras with a phone attached rather than the other way. There isn’t much they can do to make the phone quantitively better so the arms race has turned to photography and linking the phone to a wearable medical device that monitors your body’s ephemeral data AND tells you the time.

Anymore they are cameras with a phone attached rather than the other way. There isn’t much they can do to make the phone quantitively better so the arms race has turned to photography and linking the phone to a wearable medical device that monitors your body’s ephemeral data AND tells you the time.
The portability is great too. I used to lug a camera (Canon) around, with a case and one or two lenses. Now I have a phone in my pocket and can take photos that are every bit as good, with a few rare exceptions, AND be told that my blood pressure is fine and that I should sleep 30 mins more daily, and a reminder that person x has a birthday today and that I need to get more steps in. It truly is Orwellian in some ways.

The portability is great too. I used to lug a camera (Canon) around, with a case and one or two lenses. Now I have a phone in my pocket and can take photos that are every bit as good, with a few rare exceptions, AND be told that my blood pressure is fine and that I should sleep 30 mins more daily, and a reminder that person x has a birthday today and that I need to get more steps in. It truly is Orwellian in some ways.
I used to have a real camera. For the longest time, I was thinking about getting a good digital SLR.

But they still seem expensive. I’d like to do a lot of night and star photography. But maybe cell phones w be able to do that as well soon.

I do take time lapses which I enjoy.

Back