The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon. All are welcome!

Well it has been about 5 years since we last travelled with our dog. He is getting very old and frail now so things might be different should we attempt it again today, but back then I could never have survived a five day trip with him. Imagine if you will, your dog at his most hyper excited state, and he/she keeps it up for 14 hours! The first trip we did with him, we figured he was just happy and excited to be going along, he would surely calm down in half an hour at the most, but no, he remained that way throughout, it was a trying time. On subsequent trips we gave him mild tranquilizers (Rescue) which helped to a degree, but it still wasn't easy.

We have similar musical tastes.

I have a great CD called Riding With The King. It's Eric Clapton and BB King. I would not have thought those two would have gone together, but it totally works!
Gosh. I remember buying that when it came out. Not listened to it for years, really should give it a play

On the brink of a four day weekend, so looking forward to it. An outing to the country tomorrow, me and three ladies, God must love me. 😊
Yes, one is my wife, so I guess I'll have to be good, lol.
Sounds like a fun weekend!

In 2000, Mom and I drove cross-country. Twenty states, 7000 miles, 13 days. There were a couple of no-drive days, but is was basically 600 miles per day. Glad I did it. I might consider riding the road bike on something like that in the future, but that's more like 500 day max.

I don't know - we'll see. It's not here yet.

I absolutely loath flying. Thank you, TSA, for that. I don't like the tin-can feeling in an airplane, either. That said, I can stow carry-on like a boss.
If I didn't always have to do all the driving, I like to do road trips. It's fun to get off the beaten path.

Well it has been about 5 years since we last travelled with our dog. He is getting very old and frail now so things might be different should we attempt it again today, but back then I could never have survived a five day trip with him. Imagine if you will, your dog at his most hyper excited state, and he/she keeps it up for 14 hours! The first trip we did with him, we figured he was just happy and excited to be going along, he would surely calm down in half an hour at the most, but no, he remained that way throughout, it was a trying time. On subsequent trips we gave him mild tranquilizers (Rescue) which helped to a degree, but it still wasn't easy.
I know that one. Mine howls, barks and wags his tail throughout

I agree in theory. It's all the other time-wasting crap dealing with the airports and the airport goofs and fellow sheep/cattle/passengers. Driving, it's almost like I'm in control - except for semis.
IKR? It used to be fun to fly. Now, it's basically like taking a bus somewhere. I loathe busses!

My son had an opportunity to work for the Rays as a batboy when he was in university. They live there, so we kinda tend to favor them as far as one can favor America's Favorite Passtime.

f08268b8359c50b4cc3084da557d88fe.jpg
I love this meme! Stealing it! And the "big butt" song is one of my favs!

My wife and I live on the east coast but still have our house in California that we visit a few times a year. Sometimes we go separately but when we go together, we drive, mainly because we take our dog. Also because renting a car out there for an extended period of time is expensive.

The 5 day (4 night) drive is pleasant. Mostly I-40, including the old Route 66. We stay at the same dog friendly Best Westerns along the way and I’ve gotten to know the desk clerks at each of them. Our road dog loves it and has racked up about 30,000 miles on him so far.
You're a good doggy daddy! 🥰🥰

Good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you may reside. My beloved baseball team won but my old dog may have an old dog disorder called Cushing’s disease. I am trying to learn more about it.

Off this morning to taxiing my grandson.

Have a good day. 😊

As far as road trips some are amazing, for sure. Went through the Canadian Rockies last summer, it was spectacular.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pkah...9-AM.jpg?rlkey=b9qrc0gttb3uqptk5uu5hvh8h&dl=0

I was in Maui in February and did a famous road trip there called “Road to Hana”, and by the end I couldn’t wait to finish it. The winding road, blind corners, single lane bridges….there wasn’t a straight stretch the entire time (3 hours or so each way). Some great views yes but….

Win some, lose some as they say 🤷‍♂️
Stunning photo!

We've also done the Road to Hana, but as a tour. There was no way I was driving it! The coach was small and the driver was excellent! He was native Hawaiian and knew so much of the history, animals, plants, etc.

A very cool thing to do on Maui is to drive to the top of Haleakala to see the sun rise. You have to get up and go about 0300 to get to the top in time. It's just magical when the sun's rays come up over the volcano's crater!

Thanks. No ear infection but his blood work showed some sign of possible Cushion’s disease. He is not symptoms so I am getting a second opinion. Otherwise a healthy older dog.
Did your vet give you a treatment plan for the Cushings? It's smart to get a 2nd opinion.

I also like a wide variety of music, though my favorites are classic rock and 80's/early 90's music. (Graduated from college in 1992).

Baby Got Back is one of my favorite rap songs.

Did your vet give you a treatment plan for the Cushings? It's smart to get a 2nd opinion.
Since he is showing no symptoms such as excessive thirst, frequent urinationation etc. she said we could do a watch and see approach. According to the FDA, there are many meds available to help manage it. Thus, I feel we need a second opinion.

Also, the recommended treatment is to monitor blood work for progression. My vet is an hour away. So I am getting someone clooser so he can be monitored more often.

Morning all! Time for a cuppa.

@B2fromA2looking4U … I saw the tigers won yesterday.

We have our annual forestry inspection today for our farm (well actually it’s a wooded lot technically which has a woodlands management plan). Our forester, Joe Baccagaluppo is a real character. Born in Italy but has the thickest jersey accent.

Just a real character. Great sense of humor and super knowledgeable. He will point out ten things i never knew.

Last edited:
Morning all! Time for a cuppa.

@B2fromA2looking4U … I saw the tigers won yesterday.

We have our annual forestry inspection today for our farm (well actually it’s a wooded lot technically which has a retry management plan). Our forester, Joe Baccagaluppo is a real character. Born in Italy but has the thickest jersey accent.

Just a real character. Great sense of humor and super knowledgeable. He will point out ten things i never knew.

Too Funny!
Last night I watched 'Moonstruck' the 1987 NY Italian themed comedy movie with Cher :heart: Simply ADORE that movie!! :heart:
Good luck with the meeting-

mine were a grand each in pounds

Beautiful babies!
I have had AKC registered purebreds as well as Heinz 57 rescue mutts over the decades.
I prefer large/medium dogs...the smartest I owned was an Australian Shepard. Golden Retrievers are truly family dogs.
If anyone with kids talks to me about dogs, I always recommend a Golden Retriever.

Back