The 2AM Dilemma

I mean... I have one in the works about that, lol. (A demon looking out for a girl. Not specific to sleep, though.)

Funny how the demons stories are making the rounds.

The one I'm working on that started this thread is about a woman who becomes a Demon after being unjustly murdered for marrying the wrong guy and worshipping the wrong Gods.

She goes on to take her revenge on wicked, greedy and weak men, seducing them to their dooms.

Later, though, she winds up falling for her newest targeted assignment: a young woman repressed by a lifetime of religious indoctrination.

And I know @EmilyMiller happens to be working on her own Angel & Demon story as well.

We're even kinda cross connecting our worlds.

The one I'm working on that started this thread is about a woman who becomes a Demon after being unjustly murdered for marrying the wrong guy and worshipping the wrong Gods.

She goes on to take her revenge on wicked, greedy and weak men, seducing them to their dooms.

Later, though, she winds up falling for her newest targeted assignment: a young woman repressed by a lifetime of religious indoctrination.

And I know @EmilyMiller happens to be working on her own Angel & Demon story as well.

With cables of steel 😊.

Em

Accurate, it's a pocket dimension so yeah, it's unending and filled with copious amounts of inappropriate plot seeds...

Lil' bit sticky at this point I'm sure.

I love demons. The sexy sort especially, Incubi and Succubi are so much fun. I'll say I adore most dark, devious things that go bump in the night--not explicitly demons, but they're pretty high on the list. I've got a proper stock pile for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy and NonHuman categories waiting on me to get my act together and write.

Honestly shared universes are the way to go, never ending entertainment for the readers with extra hands working on the juicy content!

Accurate, it's a pocket dimension so yeah, it's unending and filled with copious amounts of inappropriate plot seeds...

Lil' bit sticky at this point I'm sure.

I love demons. The sexy sort especially, Incubi and Succubi are so much fun. I'll say I adore most dark, devious things that go bump in the night--not explicitly demons, but they're pretty high on the list. I've got a proper stock pile for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy and NonHuman categories waiting on me to get my act together and write.

Honestly shared universes are the way to go, never ending entertainment for the readers with extra hands working on the juicy content!
It’s kinda shared parallel universes. Not 100% consistent, just some touch points, and some shared characters (or references to them), it’s not exactly Infinity Wars (thank goodness).

Em

I'll shamelessly plug my already published story, The Devil And Angel Em, then, if you haven't already read it.

The new one I'm working on is a prequel.

I'll also plug @EmilyMiller 's Off The Shoulder.

And her new one will be a sequel to that.

I started mine two years ago.

It involves a girl who grows up in an abusive household and befriends a demon who appears to her as a little girl.

She grows up, realizes her imaginary friend was actually a demon and holds the demon captive until he falls in love with her.
Sounds wistfully beautiful and a bit sad.

Em

I started mine two years ago.

It involves a girl who grows up in an abusive household and befriends a demon who appears to her as a little girl.

She grows up, realizes her imaginary friend was actually a demon and holds the demon captive until he falls in love with her.

Oh, she also almost blows up the world and sets an angels wings on fire.

I look forward to reading it.

I've slowly but surely been trying to read at least one or two stories from many of the regulars here; you're on my list.

You did, lol. No worries. I had to go back and check, but I thought your name looked familiar. Yup, you left comments on each part, I think. (Didn't check them all.)

Just went to refresh my memory. I do remember reading them.

It's too easy to forget/ mix up screen names here.

Plus...sometimes, not all the time, just sometimes... I'm an idiot.

You're working on a new story.

It's coming along well, but you don't have it all worked out just yet. Still, you're happy with the progress so far.

You go to bed at a reasonable hour, but you can't sleep. Your mind is on the story; the plot, the characters, the path it needs to go.

Scenes start playing in your head. Dialog, conversations between main characters, important bits of information needed to be conveyed to move their relationship and the story along.

Finally, you roll over and grab your phone or computer or whatever you write on, and the notes begin.

Random, disjointed, out of order. No quotation marks or punctuation, Maybe not even complete sentences. No. Just the crux of it, the important bit you dread forgetting by the next morning. The rest you can flesh out later.

Finished, or so you think. You roll over and try to sleep, but more ideas come, expanding on what you just jotted down.

So you write those down, too.

The cycle repeats, several times, until finally it's all out in a jumble of badly typed notes.

Finally, your brain shuts off and you can go to sleep.

You wake up the next morning, tired, but happy to have done it and exited to get started taking that mess of random ideas and words and putting structure to it.

But first, of course, you gotta go to work.

Tell me it's not just me.
The problem is that the same thing happens to me, but I don't get and write it down

Back