Teen Justice League OOC

I'm opening this up again to see if there is any interest. It's been a few months, Arrow and Flash are about to premier on the CW.

You know you want to play...

Lotus Maiden has joined us as Tara McGuiness, Batgirl Beyond. She will be joining us from the future.

This is going to be awesome.

*waves* ooooo heeeerllow :D

I think I've forgotten something.... Oi, her profile maybe... :eek: I should have something up later tonight. And added bonus, more posts in IC ----hopefully *crosses fingers*

A profile would be good :cool:

I think I might have another post in me before the invasion. Maybe something with Lois.

FYI: Bat's gonna need a few more build up posts before she "zaps" to Sup's world/time. I don't think it'll matter much if she shows up before or after or maybe even during the evasion. I'll let you make that call... I'll do whatever scenerio...

More build up is a good idea. While I would like to see things move forward, I think i've proven my patience.

And drumrollsssssssss.....

BATGIRL BEYOND

Secret identity:
Tara McGinnis

Height: 5’5”

Weight: 120 lbs

Occupation: Bruce Wayne’s part-time personal assistant and full-time Batgirl; A recent high school graduate and intent to go to college.

Powers: Tara learns how to fight during her time as a street thug. Under Bruce’s rigorous training, she refines her martial arts and techniques. The girl can hold up on her own punches, Batsuit-less. She’s also agile and pretty flexible, thanks to her interests in being a gymnast during her pre-teen years. She also takes interest and has learned from Bruce about medicine and mechanics. She possesses a moderate detective skill and above-average intelligence. She wears the high-tech, best ever, and final Batsuit!

The Batsuit is made with the state of the art technology and only can only be operated by Bruce or her. It has most of the features and concepts of the previous alliterations along with other new gadgets. It gives wearer superhuman strength, agility, and endurance. The costume is an exoskeleton of electronic circuits, yet malleable like cotton. The material is very durable and withstands massive concussive forces, fire, water, laser, and electric shocks. It has cloaking/invisibility, though for a very limited time and doesn’t work under UV light. The cape is replaced by retractable wings, which allows flying when combined with the thrusters-boots; it’s not feasible for long range flight. The cowl turns into a full face mask with built-in communication device that the teacher-student use to converse during mission.

Tara also inherited modify Bat gadgets and Bat mobile.

Weaknesses: Batgirl is very human. She still breaks, bleeds and bruises like everyone else even with the suit’s protection. Bruce has pointed out that she tends to let her guard down on the left side. The suit is nice and versatile, but it still can be torn and has its limits.

History: shamelessly burrowed from Wiki with my modifications :D

Born and live in the futurist Neo-Gotham City of a parallel universe, Tara McGinnis is the new face of the Dark Knight’s legacy. Since her parents’ divorce a decade ago, she and her younger brother, Matt, live with their mom, Mary.

As a single-mom, Mary unintentionally neglected her children due to her demanding work schedule as an astronomer at Astro-Tech over the years. Their dad, Warren, hardly came around. Tara later learned it was because her father didn’t want to expose them to the harmful bio-chemical that he was researching and developing for the Wayne-Power industry. Consequently, Tara developed rebellious and attention seeking mindsets growing up. She had her fair share of run-ins with the Gotham City Police in her early teenage years. She joined a street gang at age fourteen.

At sixteen, she got into an altercation with the rivalry gang the Jokerz, a group modeled after the long-gone legendary villain The Joker. The quarrel quickly turned into fist-fights. Outnumbered, Tara ran and trespassed on the ground of Wayne Manor. Out of his loathe with the Jokerz resemblance of his arch-nemesis, the elderly Wayne defended her. Even in his old age, Bruce was still able to fight and send the Jokerz running. However, the fight placed substantial stress on his weak heart.

Tara helped him into the mansion to get his medication. Once Bruce had fallen asleep, Tara was about to head out when she noticed a bat stuck inside a grandfather clock. As she tried to free it, she stumbled upon the entrance to the Batcave and realized the snoozing old man was the city’s heroic Dark Knight. She was then forced to leave by the well-trained guard dog, Ace, and the enraged-Bruce once he had been awaken by the commotion.

Days later, the GCP came to find her house and revealed that her father was murdered, ostensibly by Jokerz. She later discovered that Derek Powers, a CEO of Wayne-Power, had order Warren’s death after the latter discovered Powers’ plan to mass-produce biological weapons. Tara went to confront Bruce. After learning that he wasn’t conspiring with Power, Tara asked for his –or rather Batman’s assistant. As much as he wanted to, his fragile bones, aching joints and defective strength prevented him to.

Reluctantly, he finally agreed to let Tara use the high-tech Batsuit for this one time mission. Due to its state of the art technology and such, the suit conformed to suit Tara perfectly.

After she had successfully stopped Powers, Bruce was convinced there’s still need for a Dark Knight. The vigilante was MIA for the past twenty years. So he hired her as his “personal assistant” and began to secretly train her for her as Batgirl. Tara cut her “bad kid” image and took on the role as Gotham’s First Defender.

Over time, Tara learned about the original Batman’s history and his powerful crime fighting friends. She was schooled up on the Justice League and even teamed up with a few for a mission or two. She always teased Bruce about how Superman has aged more gracefully than him.

Personality: Tara McGinnis is a hot-head, a talker, and tends to be more social than perhaps someone with her night life should be. She’s a “tad bit” hard-headed and sometimes requires learning things the hard way. She has the tendency to attack first and talk later. Her way in getting the job done tends to be more rough and overboard, but her intentions and heart are in the right places. Though she doesn’t mind using “dirty tricks” when necessary, something Bruce is known not to do.

Like her predecessor, she finds it very hard to balance between her normal life and Batgirl’s responsibilities. Unlike him, she still tries to keep her relationship with her family and friends alive while clean up the street of Neo-Gotham City.

Supporting NPCs: she will communicate (somewhat) with them after her "zap"

Bruce Wayne: Tara’s mentor/boss. He’s the original Dark Knight. The pair quarrels a lot. At the same time, they develop mutual respect for each other despite their different views. They even secretly care very much about one another outside the Bat-business. He will never admit, but Bruce sees Tara as his own daughter.

Maxine Gibson: Goes to Hamilton Hill High School with Tara. Maxine is exceptionally intelligent and talented with computer programming. Like Tara, Maxine parents are separated and she pretty much has grown up a loner. The girls find that common denominator and become best friend over the years. Maxine is very interested in the return of the Dark Knight. She creates a program designed to uncover Bat’s real identity. Consequently, she discoveres Tara's secret. She then agrees not to unmask her identity to the city with one condition: be a part of Batgirl’s adventure. Bruce adamantly refuses to let wear a cowl and become Batgirl's sidekick. However, he allows her to help behind the scene.

Am… totally… pooped…. *passes out* @_@

Last edited:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I typed up the next part, all neatly and crap then ... I lost it. Stupid Gmail Draft!!!! :mad:

I use drive. I can access it from my phone and it saves automatically.

Also, that sucksx sorry. Come here and I'll give you a hug.

COOOKIES AND CCREAM! Hands down. No question need. Definitely! Feeeeed me...

Posted another IC (rewriting sucks...). I might edit it tomorrow (might not) since I left out some dets due to lazyliness tonight... it's not the whole damn thing *le sigh* Anyways, one (two at the most) more post then she'll be ready for Metropolis.

Hang in there, Felix! She's coooooooooooming! :rose:

Last edited:
I like it. Might get a lois post off today. Ooh, I have an idea...

Pheeeew. Made it. Yay!!! :cattail:

Then I realize all those posts before it are so unnecessary :eek: Bleh, oh well...

They're quite necessary, You're establishing your character.

Speaking of establishing characters, we still have room for more players.

I could send out invites but most of the people who I've done threads like this before are gone or too busy right now.

Hm, this I my first time being a RP like that on here so I have no "contacts"... What if we just move forward with just us? Or do you want a few more before continuing? I'm good with either way.

Of course we can move forward just us for now. My next post will be Clark trying to interview theppink-purple giant.

The fight between Superman and the purple giant is probably on the front page of the paper in Tara's hand.

Oops, forget there's an OOC thread. I should've post this in here...

figure it wouldn't be easy for him to just admit he is Sup. I believe Tara taken aback a little that he indeed hasn't aged much, despite 26 years difference. Maybe she doesn't know the slow aging part of Sup back in her universe. She'll take more extreme measure like you suggested in a little bit *shrugs* Ditto, will move them and edit that post in IC :cattail: probably wont be til manana.

Hakuna matatta. Looking forward to it, of course. Tara is a very interesting character, I'm liking this.

Back