Teen Justice League OOC

Felix80

Literotica Guru
justice_league___logo_by_kakkay-d3hq5l2.jpg

Here's the premise:

The year is 2014. Super humans are just starting to appear in the world. There was no heroes in WWII, besides the ones in uniform, no history of super heroics to draw on. The people manifesting powers are teenagers, no one over the age of 21. The first public display of power is when a young unidentified man caught a falling jumbo jet over the streets of Metropolis and carried it to safety on his back. That young man would return a few days later dressed in blue spandex with a red cape and a stylized "S" on his chest. A newspaper reporter would name him Superman.

That was three months ago. This morning space ships appeared floating over the five biggest cities in America. They rained down fire on the civilian populace and magenta-skinned humanoid aliens in armor have descended on the cities as an army. A group of heroes have gathered together to fight off these invaders. For great justice!

-------------------

I am playing Superman. I'm looking for interested parties to play other prominent DC heroes. You can gender bend if you want to, Batwoman, Black Raven, Captain-ess Atom, etc. You can pull characters from Justice Society or Teen Titans, or even characters original to TV shows. Characters that are normally villains may be heroes and vice versa.

This world is brand new, there's no history to get caught up on or things you need to be aware of that I won't tell you about here. The DC cities exist: Fawcett, Coast, Central, Star, Opal, Gotham and Metropolis.

We're starting with an invasion from the Khund, something that never quite happened this way in the comics. The Khund come from a high gravity world and they are all super strong compared to average humans, though someone like Batman or Deadshot could take one out one-on-one.

Roster
Superman - Felix
Bargirl Beyond - Lotus Maiden

All others characters are currently open, including modern day Batman. I'd love to see Tara and Bruce interact, especially if a female author takes Bruce and makes him Brook. Either way would be good conflict.

Any questions feel free to ask here or pm. Thanks!

Last edited:
To clarify, I am not looking for people to play particular characters. Whatever toons you choose to play, those will be the Justice League for this reality.

Here's some visual inspiration in a link to preserve formatting.

I am also not looking for someone to play Chloe Sullivan, at least not yet. The plan is to make her the first Oracle of Watchtower after the team gets together, and use her as an NPC team guide. Not leader, but she will eventually handle monitor duty and be a vehicle for me to hand out missions.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is going to be a little different than a normal superhero thread. The Justice League isn't the X-Men or the Teen Titans. The closest comparison would be the Avengers. The characters have solo adventures and only come together to deal with problems that are too big for any one Leaguer to handle.

In other words, your character will have a life outside of the group, probably with their own supporting cast of NPCs. I've started developing that with Superman. He relies heavily on Chloe Sullivan right now. Clark is a college student, not a reporter. Chloe is the one interning at the Daily Planet, and she texts him early news stories so he can deal with trouble. His parents have passed on, though I haven't gone into detail about that yet, and his relationship with Lois Lane is much more complicated, but hey, its an SRP, sex is right in the name.

Down the road there will probably be a base or headquarters where the team can hang out in their off time, but that's down the road. For now, when you express interest with a character concept/bio, be sure to include the NPCs you want to use, so I can coordinate.

Remember, supers have only been around for a few months, the world hasn't figured out how to deal with them yet.

Superman

character_bio_576_superman_0.jpg

Superman

Secret Identity: Clark Kent
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 260lbs

Powers: Strength, Speed, Flight, Invulnerability, freeze breath, heat vision, telescopic vision, macroscopic vision, x-ray vision, super senses, I'm probably forgetting a few. Superman is one of the mightiest beings on Earth. He continues to get more powerful the more solar energy he absorbs.

Weaknesses: Kryptonite radiation causes incredible pain to Kryptonians and eventually death. Under a Red Sun, Superman loses his powers. Superman has no protection against magic. That doesn't mean that magical items automatically hurt him, like Kryptonite, rather his invulnerability would be trumped by Excalibur, but not some random magic sword.

History: A strange visitor from another planet with powers and abilities far beyond that of mortal man. In defiance of the high council, Jor-El sent his infant son away from the doomed planet of Krypton to the world of Earth. Kal-El's rocket was found by Jonathan & Martha Kent who adopted the boy and hid the rocket. Unaware of his heritage they renamed him Clark and raised him as their own son.

Clark was a fairly normal kid, quiet, like his father. A new girl moved into town when he was 12, her name was Chloe Sullivan and they became fast friends. Clark's powers surfaced when he was 13 and he grew in power as he got older, with new abilities developing. With his parents help Clark managed to hide his abilities all through high school. Almost from the beginning he used his powers to help people, always in secret.

At sixteen Jonathan showed him the rocket and told Clark the story of finding him. When he touched the rocket it triggered a neurological interface that downloaded an enormous amount of information about his homeworld of Krypton into Clark's brain. Some of that information is readily available to Clark, most of it remains dark with hints of information whispered to him from his subconscious from time to time.

After that Clark began flying around the world and helping out with natural disasters and other events he heard about before they ended. He was very good at staying out of the limelight.

After he graduated from high school he was accepted to Metropolis University, and MIT, and Harvard, but Met U was the only school that gave him a full academic scholarship. Plus Chloe was going there, and she was the only person outside of his family that knew about his powers.

Tragically, while Clark was landing that ill-fated jumbo jet over Metropolis, his parents died in a 16 car pile-up. Clark knows he couldn't save them, but he still berates himself for not being there. Clark takes an hour a day to fly to Smallville and maintain the farm at superspeed.

Chloe Sullivan, his roommate and lover in the Met U dorms, encouraged him to go public after his parents death. Clark put on the blue and red spandex and became the world's first superhero.

Clark's relationship with Chloe is complicated. They are friends with benefits in an open relationship. This isn't what Clark was raised to expect from a relationship, but its working. He doesn't want to marry Chloe, or raise children with her, and his non-human DNA makes that a non-issue. He trusted Chloe with his secret after his parents death, though not his alien heritage.

Personality: Clark Kent is quiet. He prefers to listen rather than talk, and generally keeps his own counsel. He tends to blend into the background and he likes it there. Unless there's a crisis. In a crisis Clark keeps an supernatural calm and is always willing to do whatever it takes to help. He is very no-nonsense and matter-of-fact, and tends to take charge with his quiet assuredness. This is the side most people see when Clark is dressed up as Superman. His quiet assuredness is transformed by his outlandish costume and immense superpowers into leadership and courage.

For Clark, Superman isn't a separate persona. Superman is a costume, a uniform that lets him deal with the ridiculous around him and still keep his private life. Much like a police officer is always a police officer, even off duty and out of uniform, Superman is just a part of Clark's life. If he didn't have these powers Clark would still be a force for good in this world, just on a smaller scale. Or think of him as a soldier. Clark is when he's off duty, and Superman is when he's on deployment.

Last edited:
Marked for interest.

I'll see how this forms out, it seems interesting and hopefully will get somewhere.

If I play I'm either going to with one of the two following most likely (unless I'm feeling Ben 10),
Phobia: Jonathan Crane with a Yellow Lantern Ring
Base Cannon: Basically Black Canary except black and aspiring to be a rap star and it's not a Canary Cry, it's a BASE CANNON!

You are most welcome to join Sean. I remember playing with you in Jeff's Young Justice thread. FYI, I'm only looking for four or five to start. I want to keep it small and get back into the groove of running one of these things.

I have a hard time imagining a yellow lantern as a hero, or Doc Crane, but that's one of the neat things about an RP like this, the surprising combinations.

Base Cannon sounds cool. Kind of a combination Black Canary and Dazzler. Expect the other heroes to give him a hard time about being a rap artist. Probably not Superman, but Chloe would be relentless in her teasing. Which is a good thing, tension is always fun to read.

Would Impulse be allowed? I'm most interested in the personality, above all. I had fun writing for him, the few posts we played in the YJ thread before...

;)

Batman uses fear as his primary weapon! "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot!" Is practically his theme. A Yellow Lantern Crane would simply build on that belief system.

I think Superman would at best be mildly approving of a Hip Hop artist especially if he's a bit more 50 Cent and less Will Smith. Maybe not outright disapproving but I could see the tension there. Those are just my initial ideas off the top of my head though.

Sean, there would definitely be tension between big blue and a 'gangsta' rapper, but the world's biggest boy scout would give him a chance to prove himself and try to appreciate Base Cannon for his contributions. Chloe would poke fun at him incessantly, and she is going to be Oracle down the road, one of the main combat support characters for the team.

Lach, feel free to put in an app for Impulse. I know you're doing a lot right now, so be sure to weigh the commitment before you leap in. If you decide to though, you can combine Impulse with the Flashes and create something new.

Unless someone gets to Flash before you. Now that would be ironic: a race to Flash.

Heh, sounds dirty.

All my roleplays seemed to have died out. Except for the X-Men one. So just that. And being married(and/or having a "life" every now and then). Heh..

I'll think on it...and see whomever else you net, in the meantime...

I hear "Sean_Renaud" likes to *CROSS-DRESS* on Friday evenings....

Just because I went out one night calling myself Lashanya is no reason to bring that up again! And you said I had a cute butt!

Why do I have a mental picture of Bade Cannon in drag looking at the camera like "what? Mind your business!"

Probably because you just made me channel Dennis Rodman. Thank you for that by the by.

Too Wong Fu, Baby!

Hey, don't go smoking & joking with Kim Jong Un on my account

AA3B1E66EB15AF46B26E5426E74B15.jpg

Dennis+Rodman.jpg

Why are you doing this to me?! Now I just need to find a pic of him holding a microphone!

Congratulations to Jimmy Henson, that is one freaky looking Muppet.

What do you mean that's a human being? I've seen the Muppet show. That's a Muppet!

I love the scene in the first Men in Black where they show a bunch of aliens hiding on Earth and the Rodman is one of them.

Last edited:
Somewhat back on topic, I'm running out of things to post about Superman's background in this universe before the Khund invasion. Which is a subtle way of asking if anyone is willing to commit to the thread.

As of right now every character, except Supey, is open. Neither Lach nor Sean have committed so I'm not holding characters for them until they ask me to.

The game is afoot. You know you want to play.

I don't think I need to worry about anybody snagging Bass Cannon since he's an original character. Consider me semi-confirmed. I'll probably join up but I dnot' want to eat up a slot if you get too many people.

No problem, I enjoy RPing and rarely get my fix since so many of them just die out and the ones that don't end up being on websites that seem to require more commitement than I can usually give.

Maybe I should have started a third X-Men thread. It may have garnered more interest.

Or Avengers. Could always do Avengers. They seem popular right now.

Back