"Tales of Leinyere" Story Event: Official Visual Artists' Thread

Nouh_Bdee

Smutweaver
I am posting this thread to officially kick off the "Tales of Leinyere” Story Event. Laurel will be creating the Event Page shortly - and submissions can be sent in between January 1st and January 16th, with a Friday January 21st Go Live Date. That's nearly SEVEN MONTHS AWAY. That’s plenty of time!

What (or where) is Leinyere?

“Tales of Leinyere” will be a collection of stories set in the same fantasy universe. The site’s writers will be writing all kinds of stories that fits the site's guidelines: from epic tales of star-crossed lovers in the midst of continent-spanning war; to interracial trysts between burly, violent orcs and haughty, graceful elves; to the clandestine efforts of queens scrambling to provide heirs for sterile kings; to dubiously consensual fucking between brigands and either the princesses, or common maidens confused for princesses, that they’ve abducted; to incestuous romps in the hay-strewn barns of rural direcow (or hucow if the authors introduce them) farms. This event is also open to artists, to create art connected to the event’s stories. Leinyere is a blank canvas, and this is your chance to help shape the world, adding lines and colors to the writer’s words.

The world would be built as the writers write and the artists make art, and we will use the forum thread in the Author’s Hangout to suggest facts, locations, people, and events that cross over from story to story, complete with a map worthy of the first page in a dusty paperback and an official timeline of the continent of Leinyere. Feel free to use either thread to ask about stories that may have content that fits well with your style, or go over to the Author’s thread to ask if any writer would benefit from artwork to inspire their story. The written words don’t have to come first.

What Leinyere is like, the various kingdoms, cities, and landscape, as well as its inhabitants, cultures, and sexual mores, will be illuminated by the authors and artists themselves as they worldbuild within their own stories and in their artwork, just doing our best not to contradict each other. Will there be elves? Will they be tall and graceful, or short and mischievous? What about dwarves? Orcs? Lizardfolk? Etc? How does magic work in this world?

Here is a map of our lovely continent, named by a combination of two pre-existing fantasy languages to coin a word that means “world of sexual desire”. Of course, that etymology only means anything to us, and not to Leinyere’s inhabitants:

Map of Leinyere

As you can see, national boundaries, as well as locations of cities, ruins, dragon dens, and other landmarks are notably absent. That’s because the writers of these stories will invent these locations as they write these stories. I will fill in this map with details as time goes on.

I will also maintain a Notes Doc with background information about Leinyere, which can be found here: Leinyere - Notes
It is similarly blank to start.

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE artists to enter works in the 2022 "Tales of Leinyere" Story Event that are connected to stories in the Event. If you have questions, post them here or in the Authors’ Thread and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

If you're a first time artist, or this is the first time you're putting a piece into an "Event" on Literotica, hey, don't get stressed about it. You don't have to have created anything before to write for this event. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event. This is not a competition. There are no scores and no prizes.

We’re just writing for fun with a bunch of writers and other artists doing the same thing. If you're not sure about what to do, how to submit your story, or anything at all in fact, just ask here. I know I’ve been there and there are a bunch of very helpful people here to pass on their experience.

So, without further ado, are you interested in creating a piece for the “Tales of Leinyere” Literotica Story Event? Get started! First time writers and artists and veteran Literoticans alike are all invited and encouraged to participate. Post the name of your piece here so we can all see it and I'll keep a running list going in this thread.

The Rules are simple:
  1. The artwork must be connected to a story set on the fictional continent of Leinyere (including nearby islands), or some other magical realm accessible only from Leinyere.
  2. Try not to contradict any of the history or natural laws of this world, as described in this thread and any linked resources. If differences are irreconcilable, let’s use a “dibs” system, although I doubt that will be necessary.
  3. Artists must include the phrase "Tales of Leinyere" in the "Notes" field of the submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos.
  4. Please use “Leinyere” as an artwork tag.
  5. All entries to be submitted by 11:59pm, Sunday January 16th - with a Go Live Date of Friday January 21st. You can submit any time between January 1st and January 16th. All stories and artwork will be posted on Friday January 21st.

That’s it.

So, what are you waiting for?! Get started!

Last edited:
question(s) on the map:

The South appears "whitish", is that to indicate a snow covered "arctic" region?
Similarly, the East appears as if that may be desert.

correct?

Great! I'm definitely open to collaborations, in either direction. Hopefully most of the other authors are too!
As an author for this event, I would say definitely open to collabs.

Love me some tasty sexy artwork as well. The cat sketch over in the author's thread was a nice treat already. Let's see where this goes.

My first submission is done! It’s just a short, thousand-word story poem. I thought I would mention it here in case any artists want to make any art related to it. It’s about an elf princess who stumbles upon a group of orcs who have their way with her. If you’d like to read it, let me know!

My second piece is done, if anyone wants to make any art connected to it. It's a collaboration with Overtherainbow33 and it's a possibly-doomed vanilla romance between an elf princess and a half-elf/half-orc king. PM me if you'd like to read it early.

Just bumping because submissions are live, but I know this thread had been mostly inactive. If anyone feels like they have time and want to sketch something, I know there are quite a few stories to mine for inspiration!

Back