Table-Top Dice-Rolling Role-Playing Games?

JckHmmr_2000

Neighbor & Co-Worker
I'm not looking for a hook-up; I figure that's what the hook-up apps are for. I'm actually looking for FRIENDS.

Now, this is where it gets tricky. I'm friendly and easy to get along with, and I am surrounded by an ocean of people. I've made friends with people who aren't into the things I like, and I much prefer those with whom I share the same interests and hobbies.

I like table-top dice-rolling role-playing games and am looking for future friends who are equally as interested in this past-time as I am. If that's you, please kindly let me know! And in this day and age of the internet, it really doesn't matter where you live. We can meet on zoom, discord or perhaps a virtual table top such as Roll20 or Foundry, etc.

I'm finally trying out D&D 5th edition by joining a Dragonlance Adventurer's League campaign at a local game store. I'm still not a big fan of Wizards of the Coast's D20 system (even though I can see the advantages), but I'm desperate to find that ideal role-playing game group, and I think this might be a way to network for one or more such people...

Of all the newer game systems, I am most interested in playing Green Ronin's A Song of Ice & Fire role playing game, even though I found it somewhat complex and incomplete (specifically, no rules or stats for dragons in the core book).

I find myself lately preferring the old-school game systems such as:
FASA's Shadowrun, 1st edition (with some concepts from 3rd edition)
WestEnd Games' Star Wars RPG, 1st edition
TSR's 1st edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

In the past, I also really liked:
Iron Crown Enterprises' Middle-Earth Role-Playing
Fantasy Game Unlimited's Bushido
Chaosium's Stormbringer

I meet with my siblings once a month on zoom to play TSR's Marvel SuperHeroes RPG but I find that I am just not getting into it as much as I thought I would -- could be superhero fatigue from all the movies and streaming service streamers, etc.

Back