38/M looking for someone to chat with and maybe it turns into more?

Hey

Not sure what will come of this thread but I figure I'd give it a shot. So like the title says I'm looking to make a connection with someone. I want someone that I can have a connection with. I want someone that I can talk to on most days, share how our days were, talk about the good and bad in our lives and share our hobbies and what we're enjoying in life. Maybe it develops into more adult things but its not what I'm looking for right off the bat.

The reason I'm looking for something online is because I have a lot going on in my life right now and I'm looking for someone to help break up the the monotony of the day to day with out having to brave the cold. I am looking for a new job, having quit mine last week after some abuse from management.

So a bit about me I suppose might be helpful. I'm male, 38, and working on becoming the best me I can be. I love to fish in the summer and ice fish, tube, and snow mobile in the winter. I have a degree in mathematics and have tried getting a masters degree but that is on pause for the time being. I also like watching anime, playing table top role playing games, playing magic the gathering, watch tv shows and I am glued to the TV every Sunday to watch my Green Bay Packers.

As for what I'm looking for in you, I only really care about finding someone that I can connect with emotionally, someone I get along well with, share common interests with and just generally have fun talking to and spending time with.

Hey

Not sure what will come of this thread but I figure I'd give it a shot. So like the title says I'm looking to make a connection with someone. I want someone that I can have a connection with. I want someone that I can talk to on most days, share how our days were, talk about the good and bad in our lives and share our hobbies and what we're enjoying in life. Maybe it develops into more adult things but its not what I'm looking for right off the bat.

The reason I'm looking for something online is because I have a lot going on in my life right now and I'm looking for someone to help break up the the monotony of the day to day with out having to brave the cold. I am looking for a new job, having Hi
Hi there, Mr. WI
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in having a lot going on. Hang in there - hopefully things will settle down someday. Until then, just keep putting one foot in front of the other :)

Hi there, Mr. WI
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in having a lot going on. Hang in there - hopefully things will settle down someday. Until then, just keep putting one foot in front of the other :)
Thanks that means alot. Thankfully things are getting much better in 2024

Well if you ever continue your education I have my doctorate in statistics...which I love...man, if you decided to, I gotta tell ya it's never been easier! You can find online masters programs everywhere...the advantage is convenience and access but I'll be honest...the "learning" you'll get is suspect but you will get the degree. I've been out since the mid-90's but I'm a statistical/methodological consultant (own biz) and work with PhD candidates, faculty and other researchers so I have my fingers on the pulse, which is how I know. I teach my clients more than their instructors, which is actually sad. The instructors/profs are basically glorified graders, seriously...take that for what it's worth! And yes, statistics is very different than math (though not so much to the untrained brain).

Back