Summer's Gone

I would love to cuddle up next to a nice fire outside. Did that last month when I was at Costanoa just north of Santa Cruz where it gets a bit chilly when the fog rolls in off the Pacific about a month ago. The place had a great outdoor fireplace, comfy patio furniture, and we had a pretty darn good Cabernet from Napa and enjoyed some great company ... before we went back to our tent cabin ...

I find it a challenge to find any kind of joy about Michigan from this time of the year on as it gets darker and colder every day, but I'm looking for an opportunity to take my man to the outdoor hot tubs at Oasis in Ann Arbor when he's here in few weeks. Anyone from the area familiar with it? It's awesome!

I know how you feel as I've been putting my garden to bed this past week, awaiting the first deep freeze.

Ah, a part of fall I will probably never have to encounter. My mom and her mom both have gardens and are always bringing fresh veggies over during the Summer. My sister and I kill plants just by looking at them, we're pretty sure. My friend gave me a plant (a vine of some sort, I think) that he assured me, even I couldn't kill...and I ended up accidentally breaking it in half. (These things just happen.) True to his word though, both halves are thriving!

I would love to cuddle up next to a nice fire outside. Did that last month when I was at Costanoa just north of Santa Cruz where it gets a bit chilly when the fog rolls in off the Pacific about a month ago. The place had a great outdoor fireplace, comfy patio furniture, and we had a pretty darn good Cabernet from Napa and enjoyed some great company ... before we went back to our tent cabin ...

I find it a challenge to find any kind of joy about Michigan from this time of the year on as it gets darker and colder every day, but I'm looking for an opportunity to take my man to the outdoor hot tubs at Oasis in Ann Arbor when he's here in few weeks. Anyone from the area familiar with it? It's awesome!

Oh my goodness! Camping, fires, wine....I am so envious! Hot tubs too! I've never heard of the place, but it sounds like a really good time. Have fun!

Count your self lucky, I am an Irish hand.
We had 9 days of very warm weather, 14 of humid weather. The rest was over cast bright but rainy.
Now autumn is here its mostly rain...

>Sol

Count your self lucky, I am an Irish hand.
We had 9 days of very warm weather, 14 of humid weather. The rest was over cast bright but rainy.
Now autumn is here its mostly rain...

>Sol

Trade you rain for snow? Do you guys get snow over in Ireland? My knowledge of the Emerald Isle is that it's...well, an emerald isle. That, and ya'll have accents that make me melt.

coo coo.

so, do you have pics of yourself? i do if you do :)

Nah, I'm afraid I'm terribly camera shy.

Last edited:
Ah, a part of fall I will probably never have to encounter. My mom and her mom both have gardens and are always bringing fresh veggies over during the Summer. My sister and I kill plants just by looking at them, we're pretty sure. My friend gave me a plant (a vine of some sort, I think) that he assured me, even I couldn't kill...and I ended up accidentally breaking it in half. (These things just happen.) True to his word though, both halves are thriving!

Enough of a hobbyist that I've thought about taking botany classes to further my knowledge. Who knows...

Enough of a hobbyist that I've thought about taking botany classes to further my knowledge. Who knows...

Neat! Sounds like fun. Do you know what the classes would entail? I really know nothing about gardening, so I don't know what the average gardener knows, and what they would learn in a class like that. I think it would be neat to learn how to make hybrid plants.

why, you shouldn't be... feel free :)

I prefer to aim my camera at the world instead of myself. But you'll be first on the list to notify if I change my mind :)

Neat! Sounds like fun. Do you know what the classes would entail? I really know nothing about gardening, so I don't know what the average gardener knows, and what they would learn in a class like that. I think it would be neat to learn how to make hybrid plants.

I prefer to aim my camera at the world instead of myself. But you'll be first on the list to notify if I change my mind :)

okay, just keep in touch.

i got pics for you too... no nudes though.

)

Gardening basics, specific for my area. Soil chemistry. And find out why the fuck my tomatoes suck balls. :cool:

Hey guys, help a girl out? How do you make links with words to click instead of the URL. My signature is having none of the HTML crap I am trying to feed it.

I'm from deep South Texas, and cooling down to us is not hitting triple digits. I love that we're only hitting the 90s. I actually got excited today about what great outdoor running weather we're having. It's all relative.

(And yes, I'm already wearing long sleeves and sweaters to work. It's cooled off outside so much that the A/C is keeping the library extra cold.)

We are going to need some visual evidence on how cold the library actually is. ;)

Back