Story Rejected - How do I find out specifics?

Glaze72

Virgin
Hello:

I recently had a story rejected. The note which was attached on the rejection states that Lit does not accept stories where people who are under age are participating in sexual situations.

My story has NONE of that. All characters are legal adults. I have read it through, and I do not see how any person could think it has an underage character in it.

Is there any way to reach the editor who rejected this story to figure out what the offending passage is?////

Thanks,

Glaze72

Rejected stories are not from an editor, they are by the site owner Laurel. From my understanding she uses scanners to look for keywords and phrases.

Couple of options available, if you are really sure your content doesn’t contain any underage references, re submit with a comment and hope she agrees, otherwise have a volunteer editor read though it for you.

Underage characters can be mentioned in passing, but must not be in a position of seeing, hearing, or taking part in any form of sexual activity, even by accident. In other words, an under 18 cannot hear parents having sex as they pass a room, or see it through an open window or door when they are passing.

Back