Story Critique Queue

Acal said:
Its been almost three weeks when can I start mine?
Hi Acal,

Based on post #173, I believe you are next in the queue and the previous discussion does seem to have waned- so I don't see any reason you can't proceed whenever you are ready.

Penny

If no one else wants to go, I'll volunteer to put another one of my stories up for critique.

Hi Moonlight,

Are you still interested in volunteering another one of your stories for critique? The current discussion has been idle for a week and I don't believe there is anyone else in the queue.

Penny

SDC Entry Request

Hello!

I was wondering if I could submit a story for critique in the SDC forum. I am a new writer, although I now have three submissions here at Literotica. My most recent submission is a 5,700 word exercise in dialog, in the form of a three act play. The title is "Salvation in the Sargasso Sea", and the category is Romance.

I tried to solicit comments over at SF, but I haven't received any response. Perhaps this forum is better suited to critical review.

I can go before or after Moonlight, at your discretion.

Cheers!
~Dual_Triode

p.s. I forgot to mention that it is my desire to join this circle and participate in the discussions.

Last edited:
Dual_Triode said:
I was wondering if I could submit a story for critique in the SDC forum.
Absolutely. Any Literotica member with good intentions is welcome to join us. So you're in the queue, but where in the queue depends on whether Moonlight still wants to host another discussion. We'll wait a few more days for a response on that.

Absolutely. Any Literotica member with good intentions is welcome to join us. So you're in the queue, but where in the queue depends on whether Moonlight still wants to host another discussion. We'll wait a few more days for a response on that.
I am eager to get my critique game on again, Penny. I don't/haven't typically critiqued stories longer than 4000 words due to time constraints, but I'm looking forward to seeing who is next for the chopping block!

Just joking, don't mean to scare newbies ... TOO much. ;)

I am eager to get my critique game on again, Penny. I don't/haven't typically critiqued stories longer than 4000 words due to time constraints, but I'm looking forward to seeing who is next for the chopping block!

Just joking, don't mean to scare newbies ... TOO much. ;)

Does this mean you want a spot in the queue or are you just letting everyone know that the days of playing nice are over? ;)

Dual_Triode said:
I can go before or after Moonlight, at your discretion.

Ok, looks like it's before! If you've no questions or issues, feel free to start your discussion thread whenever you are ready.

Does this mean you want a spot in the queue or are you just letting everyone know that the days of playing nice are over? ;)
LOL. :kiss:

I'm not writing erotic stories these days, only non-erotic, so I don't need a spot in the queue. I've just read Dual_Triode's story and added some critique. I hope it helps him. I like what you and Crim have done with this forum. There is a lot more discussion and I think you're doing a fab job!

Charley said:
I'm not writing erotic stories these days, only non-erotic, so I don't need a spot in the queue.
fwiw, A story offered for discussion need not be erotic. We've even discussed stories not intended for posting on this site.

Charley said:
I like what you and Crim have done with this forum. There is a lot more discussion and I think you're doing a fab job!
Thank you.

Do we have anyone else who would like to have a story critiqued? The queue is open at the moment.

SDC Entry Request

Hello, this is my first time posting here, and I'd like to submit a story for SDC critique. It's called Angel of Ice and Song, it's about 13k words, and it's in the incest/taboo category.

PacoFear was kind enough to look over it and make some suggestions, one of which was to swing by here and see if ya'll would take a crack at it. It's kind of a strange story that was challenging to write and I'm not sure how it turned out, so feedback on it would be very helpful.

Last edited:
After Amon i'd like another go. Got one of my novellas I want to get critiqued

Amontillado said:
Hello, this is my first time posting here, and I'd like to submit a story for SDC critique. It's called Angel of Ice and Song, it's about 13k words, and it's in the incest/taboo category.

PacoFear was kind enough to look over it and make some suggestions, one of which was to swing by here and see if ya'll would take a crack at it.

Hi Amon, and welcome! Did you take a look at some of the other discussions yet? The queue's empty and the prior discussion has run its active course, so if you're still interested and don't have any questions, feel free to create your thread whenever you are ready.

Acal said:
After Amon i'd like another go. Got one of my novellas I want to get critiqued
Ok, you're officially next in the queue, although it's not strictly first come, first serve, so you could be bumped.

Hi all

I would like to join this discussion as well and have a story critiqued.

I have not posted it here on Literotica because I intend to get it published. It is the first part in a series called Deliverance: The Og Coven. It's an m/m paranormal.

The story was rejected by Dreamspinner Press and i'd like to submit it to another publisher very soon.

Currently part I is a little over 14K.

Thx
S.Lira

Last edited:
I would like to join this discussion as well and have a story critiqued.

I have not posted it here on Literotica because I intend to get it published. It is the first part in a series called Deliverance: The Og Coven. It's an m/m paranormal.

The story was rejected by Dreamspinner Press and i'd like to submit it to another publisher very soon.

Currently part I is a little over 14K.

Thx
S.Lira

Sure. We can add you the queue.

Now, I read something about there is a place to post it in this thread when it's my turn. Can you give me details about that?

Thanks

S.Lira

You will actually begin your own thread. You can see by the titles of other threads what the format is, plus there are instructions in the sticky thread. Myself or Penelope will let you know when you can begin... probably within the next couple of days.

I took a turn in the queue last summer, but I'd like to get some feedback from posters here again on a different story if that's not too greedy. If there's a lull in the queue at any point I'd be interested. Thanks.

Can I ask to have a synopsis critiqued, instead of an actual story? I mostly need help with my plotting, and my plots tend toward novel length, so a synopsis seems like the only reasonable form in which a novel-length plot could be critiqued... (Yes it's erotica.)

Can I ask to have a synopsis critiqued, instead of an actual story? I mostly need help with my plotting, and my plots tend toward novel length, so a synopsis seems like the only reasonable form in which a novel-length plot could be critiqued... (Yes it's erotica.)

I don't have a problem with that.

Current queue is: srlmort, shel_ashing, sunandshadow, and acal (I won't move you since we've put a few ahead of you).

srlmort, you can begin your discussion when you are ready.

request to queue

I have recently posted 6 chapters (4 posts total) of my first story here on literotica. I just submitted chapter 7 and need feedback to help me synthesize various conflicts within the story. What I'd really like is feedback on the story as a whole, but I'm afraid that might be asking too much. Each post is no more than 2 lit pages.

Thanks!

Request for Queue

Am new to both writing and posting on Literotica and, after thoroughly screwing up an earlier attempt to get something up for consideration, would like to post a story, "What It Means To Miss New Orleans." Thanks for your consideration and assistance.

Back