Song-Based Plot Bunnies.

SEVERUSMAX

Benevolent Master
So far, I've done Eddie Raven's "I've Got Mexico", Foghat's "Nothin' But Trouble", and Doug Supernaw's "Reno", albeit with my own slants on them. Reno and "Love Ain't Nothin' Trouble Ch. 2" are recently posted at last.

Any other thoughts on possible song-based plot bunnies?

I am thinking of one based on Merle Haggard's "I think I'll just stay here and drink."

It didn't run line by line, but my long SWB series was inspired in part by two Seether songs "Broken"(which is the name of the published version of swb) and Lover Her which is you have ever known a woman(or man) who was so strung out on drugs they would do anything for them could bring you to tears.

I have several that were inspired by song. My latest "Call of the Dove" was inspired by Stevie Nicks' Edge of Seventeen. You can read an erotic, albeit shorter version here on Lit. - White Winged Dove.

In '07 Jake Rivers had a thing doing where he'd post a song title and any author who was interested would write their own version of the story from the title. I think the first one was "El Paso" and several authors did respond. IIRC he did a few more, but I do not remember which songs they were or how long it went on.

Jake's bio and stories are still up so you can take a look and see if anythings pops out at you.

"Victim of Love" by the Eagles keeps ringing in my head as well. Already seen someone do "Already Gone" and it was rather well done, in fact.

That's Why The Lady Is A Tramp.

Couple of Beatles tunes already tell a bit of a love story: Lovely Rita Meter Maid, and Norwegian Wood.

Also thinking of "Let Go" by Brother Phelps. :D Truly great song about, well, letting go of lost love.

As a foot fetishist the Eagles "Those shoes" has some appeal:)

One of these days, I might do "Get Over It" or "Life's Been Good", who knows. Maybe even "Tequila Sunrise" or "Peaceful, Easy Feeling". The Eagles have a lot of good plot bunny material in their songs.

And of course, "All She Wants To Do Is Dance." :cool:

Something about Hotel California has always caught my eye.

One of these days, I might do "Get Over It" or "Life's Been Good", who knows. Maybe even "Tequila Sunrise" or "Peaceful, Easy Feeling". The Eagles have a lot of good plot bunny material in their songs.

And of course, "All She Wants To Do Is Dance." :cool:

Henley's solo "Boys of Summer" has good LW potential

Henley's solo "Boys of Summer" has good LW potential

I think that Carmenica Diaz did that already, but with a bit of the chastity/cuckold stuff, which is generally a squick for me....difference being that I don't go around and bash those stories just because they're not to my taste.

A while back I had Heart's All I Wanna do is Make Love to You and some people down voted and left the comment "I hate that song" or "I hate Heart". :rolleyes: And, of course, the classic "That cheating whore should die painfully of AIDS and the child murdered by the poor man being forced to raise her". :eek: (Talking about the end of the song with the "...when he saw his own eyes..." and "...please, please understand. I'm in love with another man. But what he couldn't give me was the one little thing you can...")

People are too quick to judge a work of fiction and not see it for what it is. If they bothered to listen to that song, they would know that it is integral to it. Of course, you had the creative license to fill in the details, which no doubt you did. That's the whole point of the song/story idea. In that case, it's a woman who wants two different things that she can't get from the same man. Is she wrong, perhaps, but she is human and people don't always act perfectly. In other words, shit happens.

A while back I had Heart's All I Wanna do is Make Love to You and some people down voted and left the comment "I hate that song" or "I hate Heart". :rolleyes: And, of course, the classic "That cheating whore should die painfully of AIDS and the child murdered by the poor man being forced to raise her". :eek: (Talking about the end of the song with the "...when he saw his own eyes..." and "...please, please understand. I'm in love with another man. But what he couldn't give me was the one little thing you can...")

I would never go the "cheating whore should die of aids route" but truth be told the song is annoying, it glorifies infidelity. If the man she supposedly loved could not have a child there are other methods. So she cheats on hubby, uses the guy and now he knows he has a son whom he will never be able to have anything to do with

So yes beneath its catchy hook and romanticizing, its a d-bag move.

I think that Carmenica Diaz did that already, but with a bit of the chastity/cuckold stuff, which is generally a squick for me....difference being that I don't go around and bash those stories just because they're not to my taste.

I rip them not for the stories or people who author them, but for the d-bag readership that lashes out at them and how they do it. If lit made LW disappear I would be very interested in seeing how much trolling nastiness we would be free of.

Wasn't sure if she got knocked up before or after she married the guy, but I can see your point of view. Then again, we are dealing with people and people do crazy things that they rationalize later. It would suck to be the husband and the other man, but it is still just a song about people and their weaknesses.

Wasn't sure if she got knocked up before or after she married the guy, but I can see your point of view. Then again, we are dealing with people and people do crazy things that they rationalize later. It would suck to be the husband and the other man, but it is still just a song about people and their weaknesses.

Well its one of those things. I don't get pissed off and yell at the radio or anything, I just think it sends a bad message and again think its not a love song of any sorts, but a sleazy one. My opinion.

There was a very popular song by uncle cracker(uncle without kid rock I have no career cracker) about infidelity that because of its good hook and upbeat music and style was very well received, but its about a woman cheating on her husband and the voice of the song is the other man

The line, "but you don't look ashamed and baby, I'm not scared."

He should be. My old man gave me very little useful advice, but one thing he said was "If she's not yours don't touch her because behind every woman looking to screw around there's a mad dog behind her with a gun and your name on his lips"

So anytime that pathetic song comes on I here those words and envision "mister I'm not afraid" wetting himself with the barrel of a sawed off in his mouth.

So another good loving wives entry

And to think that some folks think that you're all for cheating wives.

Hmm I may give that impression, but its not true. I am against adultery, be it man or woman. I think if you cheat you are betraying the trust and heart of someone you allegedly love. So man/woman its pretty low.

However, I come across that way because the average dog in that category-well not just there so average male asshat- has the standard that its okay for the guy, you're a stud if you fuck on the side, but women who cheat are whores.

So that's why it seems I am on the side of the female. I also like to toss out the "If you treated your wife well, maybe she wouldn't look elsewhere, hmmm mister real man?"

But again, cheating is wrong period. But few and far between are LW stories where the hubby is the cheat and wifey sells him into sexual slavery after having him gang raped. So I like to poke at the fucktard real men over there just like they lash out at every "wuss" author who doesn't have the wife raped.

Difference is, I would say it to their face in real life. They would just slink away that's why they are so obnoxious here, can't get their asses kicked as deserved.

Hmm I may give that impression, but its not true. I am against adultery, be it man or woman. I think if you cheat you are betraying the trust and heart of someone you allegedly love. So man/woman its pretty low.

However, I come across that way because the average dog in that category-well not just there so average male asshat- has the standard that its okay for the guy, you're a stud if you fuck on the side, but women who cheat are whores.

So that's why it seems I am on the side of the female. I also like to toss out the "If you treated your wife well, maybe she wouldn't look elsewhere, hmmm mister real man?"

But again, cheating is wrong period. But few and far between are LW stories where the hubby is the cheat and wifey sells him into sexual slavery after having him gang raped. So I like to poke at the fucktard real men over there just like they lash out at every "wuss" author who doesn't have the wife raped.

Difference is, I would say it to their face in real life. They would just slink away that's why they are so obnoxious here, can't get their asses kicked as deserved.

Kind of what I figured, but of course, people go to such extremes in their assumptions based on a few comments.

Ha! I like Follow Me. :eek: Same with Escape, the Pina Colada Song. But, anyway, being impulsive and down-right stupid at times is human nature. And erotic fiction is not couples' therapy at the $100/hr shirnk. If people don't like a topic/plot/whatever they should move on. I though I wrote my Heart tale well, and I put a lot of effort into it. It didn't belong in the 3s. (Hell, people who would write " 3's " belong in an even lower score! lol

Back