So - What's the deal with the Novel/Novella Category? Success Stories?

So,

As a writer, I am a world builder, it's my thing. So my stories are all intended to be a part of a series. They run the gambit of categories, but they're connected enough that I have wondered about the novels and novellas category to keep them more bound together.

Is this a bad idea? Have there been any successes in that field?

Thanks,

TB
I believe you have a misconception of the term world-building.

1710175010808.png
1710175227973.png
What you are referring to is something else entirely. It seems to me that you are creating a number of characters in your series and they are crossing over between your stories and series.

Attachments

• 1710175019105.png
    1710175019105.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Hallo. May I ask a question? How long does it take for each entry to get published under “Novels & Novellas?” I am new here but I have one old account. Never submitted under this category. Doesn’t it get stuck in “pending” for ages?
I have not noticed any difference in pending times between stories posted in N&N and other categories.

Hallo. May I ask a question? How long does it take for each entry to get published under “Novels & Novellas?” I am new here but I have one old account. Never submitted under this category. Doesn’t it get stuck in “pending” for ages?
Not really. Three days was average for my We're a Wonderful Wife and each chapter went 30K words. If you're submitting for a contest it goes much quicker, if you're submitting edited versions of an existing story it takes much longer, but if it sits in pending for over 6 days you should reach out to Laurel.

Not really. Three days was average for my We're a Wonderful Wife and each chapter went 30K words. If you're submitting for a contest it goes much quicker, if you're submitting edited versions of an existing story it takes much longer, but if it sits in pending for over 6 days you should reach out to Laurel.
I have reached out to both Miss Laurel and Mr. Manu. I have been waiting for 11 days. My submission went in on the first of this month. It’s a little frustrating. I am writing on this account for the first time. Maybe that is the reason for the wait. I retired my old account over privacy concerns. You guys have any idea or suggestions?

I have reached out to both Miss Laurel and Mr. Manu. I have been waiting for 11 days. My submission went in on the first of this month. It’s a little frustrating. I am writing on this account for the first time. Maybe that is the reason for the wait. I retired my old account over privacy concerns. You guys have any idea or suggestions?
It could be because it's a first submission and they're reviewing it manually. Try again with an extremely polite message to Laurel and Manu (she reacts best to polite messages) ask if there is a problem that you can fix. That usually does it for me, because on occasion it happens to all of us. I've published over 70 stories in the last 2 years and she still takes her time on occasion.

That, my dear @Duleigh, is because you are such a dog with your writing, or is it devil? LOL. :p 😱:eek::kiss:
It could be because it's a first submission and they're reviewing it manually. Try again with an extremely polite message to Laurel and Manu (she reacts best to polite messages) ask if there is a problem that you can fix. That usually does it for me, because on occasion it happens to all of us. I've published over 70 stories in the last 2 years and she still takes her time on occasion.

Last edited:
Thanks Duleigh. Yeah, I even wrote to her using my old retired account username. Will give it a try.

Not any longer than any other category, I don't think. The times I've posted there, it hasn't been in pending any longer than other stories.

The novellas were submitted as one posting. This is my second time on the site (same pen name), and both times, the first posting took nearly a week. But with each posting, in both outings here, my lag time decreased.
Yeah, do you remember if your first submission took any longer than the rest??

Whether they are success or not, I'm pleased with them, both for what they have done here and in sales.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 143817.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 143957.png

Initially, Written in Blood was above 4.5 but fell out of favor with the 20th vote. It has more reads and more hearts but fewer votes than Richman's Wife. I can't tell you on Rich Man's Wife why I separated Rich and Man rather than a compound word. HUM! I'm sure I had my reasons. Yeah, I'll go with that, I had my reason and it isn't anyone business what they are, not that I can't remember them.

Back