Radio Two

=======oooo000oooo=======

LISTEN TO VOCAL SMOOTH JAZZ 24/7

=======oooo000oooo=======

Why not visit the...

SHAQUE
D'AMOUR

Sienna/coolasmacks said:
Many have asked about how music and cultures have "evolved" from the 80's to today. How did we get from Scritti Politti to the likes of Evanescence? :D - Your comments are welcome :kiss:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night we went to watch the musical production of Ike and Tina Turner's story. Covering everything from their first meeting through to her eventual rise as a global superstar. His cocaine addiction, the way she was beaten, her overdose and inevitable divorce. How she was stripped by him and his lawyers of every penny to the point that she had (minus) $250,000. Then her fight back to where she is today.

All the songs are (bar one I noticed) there, from the 60's through the 70's, and the first half finished with "River Deep. Mountain High" setting the audience alight with expectation of the second half.

Her voice, her looks, her build, her costume and the wig WAS Tina! She was perfect. The "Ikettes" had unbelievable dancing energy and excercise-free voices and the band was spot-on. By the end of the second half the audience were on their feet. And the final song? Simply the Best :)

Emi Wokoma is the embodiment of Tina Turner.
soul-siter.jpg

My vote 9/10

Was going through my old music and found the Jazzin for Ghibli series - some reinterpretations of music from Studio Ghibli films...

Sienna/coolasmacks said:
I have to admit I love Studio Ghibli movies and the music that is created solely for their movies :) I love Manga in general, but with Studio Ghibli material, you can actually watch it with your family without fear of anything too adult popping up. I find the story lines quite moralistic too :)

Bygone Days
From Porco Rosso

Pocket Full Of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield.
From The Cat Returns
tumblr_lid9je8fsT1qzgeh8o1_500.png

That song from Porco Rosso is possibly my favourite Ghibli song - either that or the main song from Laputa. Ghibli films are just beautiful - they capture the innocence of childhood, especially friendships between boys and girls, in a romantic way without being creepy. Many of my friends prefer them to disney movies because they have strong female characters, rather than the "rescue me" princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back