Sex-Fueled Magic Story Ideas

FelHarper

Cockadoodle
I have two concepts that are so similar that I’m thinking I should pick just one and write it, though if both sound promising, I could do that too. Which of these sounds more interesting to you?

Story Idea #1: The Maiden and The Empress

A story set in a fantasy world where a small amount of energy is generated at orgasm, and passed into the body of a person’s sexual partner. This phenomenon is virtually unknown except to the people of a thriving, growing empire. The immortal empress has created a system whereby the people must pay tribute in the form of this energy, generated from orgasm during sex, and extracted by the empress’ harem, a caste of men and women who take the energy from the people, then couple in ritualized competitive sex, concentrating the energy down to a single person. That person gives the energy to the empress, who uses it to influence her people to remain happy, peaceful, and productive. The empress’ authority is not without challenge though, as a scheming noble class has found ways of resisting her power and is slowly asserting their own ambitions for the empire, which includes the creation of weapons that use the empress’ power.

The arrival of an imprisoned warrior from a distant land further threatens the balance of power. In his culture, a virginal maiden offered herself in sacrifice centuries prior to a pillaging host set to overrun the land of her tribe. For her selfless act, her god turned back the invading horde, and she ascended to heaven, soon becoming regarded as close to a diety herself in the history of her people. The woman’s likeness is known to all of his people, and her similarity to the empress is so striking that the young warrior finds himself driven to discover the truth about the maiden and the empress, even if it means joining the ranks of the the empress’ harem and working his way up to the empress herself

Story Idea #2: Foundling

Audrey is an orphaned young woman in modern day Los Angeles who has never felt at home, even in her own skin. Though possessed of almost ethereal beauty, there is some undefinable quality about her that has always filled others with dread and hatred. Growing up, she bounced from one foster home to the next, never finding acceptance. As a teenager, she turned to alcohol, then harder drugs, to cope with the pain of abuse and loneliness.

A chance encounter with a stranger, whose touch cures her of an overdose, leads Audrey to seek him out, and she discovers the reason that she has always been an outcast. She is one of an immortal race of beings that appear to be human, but who possess powers that can only be described as magic. They were once charged to be guardians of humanity, a bastion against evil, but a curse has robbed them of the ability to reproduce. She is the first of her kind to be born in hundreds of years.

At first ecstatic to find a home among these beings, Audrey begins to explore her powers, which includes masking her true nature from humans, and discovers that the unceasing hunger which drove her to addiction is actually the lust for the power that she can only gain from sex. She soon discovers the cost of feeding that power, though, as the demonic beings that have hunted her people nearly to extinction begin to come after her.

Let me know if you like either of these and would like to see them in a long-form story. I’m written some of both, but I’m still developing them in my head, so they might not make it to publication for some time.

Might want to post this in the “story ideas” sub forum instead. It might gain more attention from the kinds of members interested in helping you out.

I can try that. I checked there but saw a lot of “I would love to see a story about this” kinds of topics.

Oh. I dunno. I just know it’s been a couple hours and you’re not getting any help! lol.

I got some feedback in the story-ideas forum that both sounded good, so I’m 3000+ words in on the first one. I’ve started and stopped a few times on this one before. I hope I have the right setup this time to keep going.

Back