Help with a story idea

EmilyMiller

Perv of the Impverse
A normal woman is captured by a wealthy European aristocrat. She is held essentially as a sex slave, and used for breeding purposes.

She has the appearance of freedom, but her every public appearance is carefully controlled and stage-managed. She knows that the aristocrat’s henchmen are near and all it would take is one hypodermic needle for her to have an unfortunate and unexplained heart attack. There have been other strange deaths of people who have married into his family in the past.

Her days are agony. Her nights full of sexual torture. Her whole life is a facade, nothing is real.

But then she has an idea. A daring idea to highlight both her plight and maybe get help. She doctors a family photo in ways that even a myopic bat wearing sunglasses would find immediately bizarre. This is how she will get her cry for help out. This is how she will save herself.

I’m still thinking about what happens in chapter two.

Working title: The Princess and the Photo

Now, while I think the overall plot is pretty realistic, verging on gritty, I feel that the photograph stuff is just too unbelievable. Will it rip readers out of the story?

What do you think?

Any help appreciated.

Emily

More detailed reply to follow, but this caught my eye:
her every pubic appearance
Does this mean that she sometimes appears with pubes, and sometimes without?

(Like Moses's wig: sometimes he was seen with Aaron, and sometimes without.)

But in answer to your question: I don't think it's too far-fetched. I mean, look at the business with Kate's picture. Look at all the "fake news" photos.

But whoever spots the doctoring has to have a reason, a real, plausible reason, to be scrutinising the photo. *That* is probably where your story will stand or fall.

I did a Bazzle type story. The day time is the epitome of normal whilst at night she is a party animal.

There are fun and games when the two worlds collide

https://literotica.com/s/worlds-collide

But I think your story will be spectacular. The Instagram world of the perfect life. He is taking the photos and editing them ( a nice nod to the UK story about the royals) whilst reality most evenings she is not sipping tea from the finest China, or out at the opera, she is strapped into something getting whipped.
Looking forward to whatever you produce.

But in answer to your question: I don't think it's too far-fetched. I mean, look at the business with Kate's picture. Look at all the "fake news" photos.
I hadn’t heard about that, what happened?
But whoever spots the doctoring has to have a reason, a real, plausible reason, to be scrutinising the photo. *That* is probably where your story will stand or fall.
Hmm… maybe I could figure out a way to make her one of the most photographed women on Earth. If only I could I think how…

Emily

I hadn’t heard about that, what happened?

Hmm… maybe I could figure out a way to make her one of the most photographed women on Earth. If only I could I think how…

Emily
There is a right royal battle over Catherine's mother's day picture... she or one of her team played with Photoshop...

Is this Meghan's story?
A normal woman is captured by a wealthy European aristocrat. She is held essentially as a sex slave, and used for breeding purposes.

She has the appearance of freedom, but her every public appearance is carefully controlled and stage-managed. She knows that the aristocrat’s henchmen are near and all it would take is one hypodermic needle for her to have an unfortunate and unexplained heart attack. There have been other strange deaths of people who have married into his family in the past.

Her days are agony. Her nights full of sexual torture. Her whole life is a facade, nothing is real.

But then she has an idea. A daring idea to highlight both her plight and maybe get help. She doctors a family photo in ways that even a myopic bat wearing sunglasses would find immediately bizarre. This is how she will get her cry for help out. This is how she will save herself.

I’m still thinking about what happens in chapter two.

Working title: The Princess and the Photo

Now, while I think the overall plot is pretty realistic, verging on gritty, I feel that the photograph stuff is just too unbelievable. Will it rip readers out of the story?

What do you think?

Any help appreciated.

Emily

Also, your working title needs some work. "The Princess and the Photo" might look nice on screen, but it doesn't alliterate. Try "The Princess and the Pic", both for alliteration and for reference to the fairytale.

Well, there are rumors they are about to part ways, and she might have a heart attack, losing her beloved soul mate, mate. LOL or if the prenup isn't all that strong, he might have one.
Oooh

But hasn't she husbandnapped the prince?

Really? What a strange coincidence!

Emily
As for her being the most photographed woman etc.
She is seen arriving at every single event going.
Premiers, supermarket openings...the lot.
But the public are unaware no sooner has she walked through the front door, she is walked out the side door back into the car. Taken home for her punishment.

Random thoughts, may be helpful, may be nonsense lol.

Why exactly would she be doing public appearances if she's a "normal woman?"

Maybe she's flashing sign language gestures in some photos. Like, she's in front of a crowd, lots of cameras flashing. She's waving, smiling, but every once in awhile her hand makes an odd gesture.

Someone pieces it together; she's spelling out "help me" in sign.

As for her being the most photographed woman etc.
She is seen arriving at every single event going.
Premiers, supermarket openings...the lot.
But the public are unaware no sooner has she walked through the front door, she is walked out the side door back into the car. Taken home for her punishment.
I just don’t see how to adopt that idea in my story…

Random thoughts, may be helpful, may be nonsense lol.

Why exactly would she be doing public appearances if she's a "normal woman?"

Maybe she's flashing sign language gestures in some photos. Like, she's in front of a crowd, lots of cameras flashing. She's waving, smiling, but every once in awhile her hand makes an odd gesture.

Someone pieces it together; she's spelling out "help me" in sign.
This idea might have legs…

I very much like the opening, but, to be frank, I’m unsure how you will make the next part happen. Which is not to say that it’s unworkable; I just don’t think I could make it work. It has enough jam to it that it will go either very badly or very well - my money’s on you, oh Prolific One. Good luck!

Back