ScouriesWorld - authorly thoughts and ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouries

Literotica's #1 Author
Historically I've always preferred to just have one ScouriesWorld thread going at a time. Quite frankly I've never been impressed by those who open two or three new ones every day - I believe it would reduce the clutter if these multi- threadmasters could keep themselves to one new thread a month. Just having one great thread that covers years also allows new site members to explore the history of the site through that threadmasters eyes. However our good QUEEN, the omnipresent LAUREL continually closes my threads due to a long, ongoing dispute, unfortunately thereby not allowing her customers from benefitting from my accumulated authorly wisdom...

Whatever...

ScouriesWorld

A Note from LITEROTICAS #1 AUTHOR

James R Scouries esq.

on the subject of Location... Location... Location...

tumblr_oqk7h3cH6l1ugfr6do1_500.jpg

[size=+1]I've been rereading some of my stories over the last three weeks. Whenever I come back to these stories I've written five or ten or fifteen years ago I'm invariably pleased with them. Oh there are parts in just about every story that could be improved upon but overall I'm proud of them. In fact often I'm amazed at how well they came out.

And I must say that the feedback (votes, comments, emails) I receive on them is especially gratifying. It highlights that not only have I pleased myself but also the readers who visit Literotica.

I did receive one interesting comment the other day - a reader who said she'd read right through my list pointed out she loved the way my stories travel around the United States and the World. That I usually identify the places where the story takes place as well as move from place to place.

Looking the last couple of days at the New Story list I surprisingly noticed that a large number of authors don't identify the town or place they take place in. It would be interesting to know what percentage of stories do identify where the action is taking place in. It's something I've never considered before.

And mine do seem to be spread out geographically. Florida of course is featured in many of my stories - Miami and Miami Beach of course but I've also written stories set in Vero Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Daytona Beach, Tampa and of course the Everglages!

Big American cities? YES! New York City, Boston, Dallas, Philidelphia, Pittsburgh, Cinncinnati, Chicago, Baltimore, San Francisco, Detroit and Richmond have all hosted Scourian works - many of them more than once. And then of course there's Cleveland which I erroneously placed on the wrong Great Lake ( and which has been brought to my attention many, many times!).

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Upstate New York have all also been the venue for at least one of my stories. As well as a quick trip to Princeton, N.J. And I had one tale set in the snowy Cascade Mountains of Washington State - a story which started in San Francisco before moving to Yakima, Washington and then onto the mountains before veering west and ending up surfing on the north shore of Oahu!

And then there is West Lafayette, Indianna; Kalamazoo, Michigan; Bowling Green, Ohio; Roanoke, Virginia; Tupelo, Mississippi; and Auburn, Alabama. And the Carolinas, both North and South, have been the home to quite a few of my tales.

I put one 2 chapter story in a commune on the West Virginia/Tennessee border. A border which doesn't exist as they don't touch. Mind you I did that one on purpose, trying to camouflage a place that actually exists.

Maui, Hawaii was the most beautiful of my locations although the ones placed on east coast barrier islands were ones that I loved and knew so well from my youthful summers.

But what about the rest of the world you might ask. Well I can tick off London, Paris, Beijing, Montreal, Australia, Vietnam and Germanys Pomeranian Coast on the Baltic Sea. And the island of Martinique. And my Baron Scouries story (which still sits unfinished on my computer) tours the Scottish Highlands and the halls of Oxford, England. And Georgia! Okay I mean the state not the cuntry - although Georgia can seem pretty foreign from time to time. And of course my Georgian tale took place in Athens (not the one in Greece!).

I have one that started in the good old U.S. of A. but which ended up in Saudia Arabia. It was up for about a week on Literotica before Laurel took it down. It has sat unloved as a rejected story on my story page now for over 10 years!

I didn't set out to have my stories travel the world - it just happened. I have traveled quite extensively in my life so many of these places are familiar. And when writing I do like to have a place in mind even if it isn't very important to the story line. It just seems to make the writing easier. And more interesting for yours truly. And I think it makes the story more interesting for the reader. I couldn't count the number of times I've got emails from readers telling me how much they enjoyed reading about a place they live in or did live in.

So if you generally don't name the locations in your stories may I suggest you try it - your readers may like it ... [/size]​

Last edited:
Literoticas readers...

ScouriesWorld

A Note from LITEROTICAS #1 AUTHOR

James R Scouries esq.

on the subject of Numbers…another GREAT YEAR!!!!

tumblr_ne24e7b4kR1rkskbao1_400.gif

[size=+1]I read a story yesterday by a Norwegian author named Gunar Staalesen. In a blurb at the start they mention that he was the author of 20 books that had sold some 2 million copies and that many of them had been made into TV crime shows. I certainly don’t want to take anything away from this man’s achievement. Instead I’d like to highlight the readers that this site exposes us to.

Earlier in the day I had put all the Scouries 2017 yearend figures for views, votes, comments and ratings into my spreadsheet that I’ve maintained for the last ten years. And what my new figures show is that they again confirm just what an incredible audience top writers on LITEROTICA can reach.

Again this year (2017) my stories have been read by over 2 million readers!!!!

And my all time readership has now gone over 33 million! I’ve also received over 275,000 votes and received over 6200 comments and over 8000 emails.

When I first published on this site I never dreamed such a thing could be possible. Thanks!

... [/size]​

Last edited:
Lets see, where to start to clue our new members in on who scouries is. He's the self proclaimed number one author on Lit who has never won a contest or an award, not even a monthly one. He sits at number 9 on the favorite authors list but he hasn't posted a story in close to seven years.

He has ran off more authors than you can count, both old and new. He's pumped up his number so much they are ridiculous. Try reading on of his stories and see if the numbers reflect the story. He posts fake lists that he compiles himself to associate his name with the actual good authors on the site.

He spent years trying to take the contests down because he never won one and it was the authors of the AH who were the cause of that. He is one of the main reasons for the sweeps. He has the honor of having over 600 votes swept from a contest story and the score tanked.

His is aupposed to be the head of an association of readers. Actually, it is him and his thousands of alts. He ran fake contests against the real one for years trying to confuse readers and new writers. Do I have to tell you who won his contests? Other than himself and a few of his close friends. Hello freddie.

Take the guy with a grain of salt and a big dose of aspirin. The trolls troll for more years than you can imagine.

So this guy is also SusanJillParker?

That's one theory, but its not true.

End of the day they are two separate and entirely despicable scumbags who once ran a very popular author off of lit by mocking her miscarriage. The infamous 'dead baby thread' one of the few ever removed in entirety by the owner.

Worth noting the site let this go on and have never banned scouries of Freddie(who had to kill that alt because of all the shit the baby thread caused him and his stories) and allowed that bullshit to go on then and still allows their bullshit to go on.

Scouries is lit's built in bogeyman.

Him being back means the site must think there's something they want him to distract people from. Maybe the latest farce called the annual awards.

Worth noting the site let this go on and have never banned scouries of Freddie(who had to kill that alt because of all the shit the baby thread caused him and his stories) and allowed that bullshit to go on then and still allows their bullshit to go on.

To be fair, Laurel has explained why that is. Whether you agree with her or not, reasons have been provided.

No, I don't think that Scouries and Freddie of the multiple gender accounts are the same person. (Freddie isn't even the same gender of his current account. :D)

Last edited:
To be fair, Laurel has explained why that is. Whether you agree with her or not, reasons have been provided.

Still, it's interesting how much the site has changed since Laurel opened the GB gates to crazy nuts irrelevant to the site. She's banning GB posters now for posting a lot less outrageously than Scouries and Freddie have done in the past, and they are still here. The "Anything goes" clause that's still in the forum rules means a whole lot less now than it did a few years ago.

Wow. Just wow. :confused:

That's the saddest shit I've seen in a long time.

What, even worse than my stories? I didn't make it past the dick pic...

Your stuff is pretty good. I scrolled past the dick pic and saw the self-aggrandizing tagline. I vomited slightly and licked my dog's ass to get the taste out of my mouth. That's just crazy. Mental illness is all around us.

Your stuff is pretty good. I scrolled past the dick pic and saw the self-aggrandizing tagline. I vomited slightly and licked my dog's ass to get the taste out of my mouth. That's just crazy. Mental illness is all around us.

president ScouriesWorld... There is no such place. Although at one time he tried to photoshop a picture but that was so screwed up, it looked like a three year old did it.

MANU Award Winner.... A fake award made up by scouries and voted on by scouries.

Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner.... AIR is his fake assciation that only he gets to vote on

MILLION SELLER.... Views to scouries are sales on a free site.

Author of the MOST COMMENTED on and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA... over half the comments are from him or his alts. The same for the votes.

Queen LAUREL and Prince MANU have favorited me? Manu did have him on his favorite list for a while. As far as I can tell, Laurel doen't have a favorites list.

ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.).... His fake association of one.

That about covers all that crap.

president ScouriesWorld... There is no such place. Although at one time he tried to photoshop a picture but that was so screwed up, it looked like a three year old did it.

MANU Award Winner.... A fake award made up by scouries and voted on by scouries.

Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner.... AIR is his fake assciation that only he gets to vote on

MILLION SELLER.... Views to scouries are sales on a free site.

Author of the MOST COMMENTED on and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA... over half the comments are from him or his alts. The same for the votes.

Queen LAUREL and Prince MANU have favorited me? Manu did have him on his favorite list for a while. As far as I can tell, Laurel doen't have a favorites list.

ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.).... His fake association of one.

That about covers all that crap.

Thanks TxRad. That's a great summation of the cheap laurels this person has anointed themselves with. :)

Thanks TxRad. That's a great summation of the cheap laurels this person has anointed themselves with. :)

Be careful; all is not what it seems here in the AH. Far from it. And some may be their own trolls. The looking glass has mirrors in this wonderland.

Folks, look back at the post history. Notice what happens when his threads are ignored. He vanishes. Tries again in a month or three. When ignored, he vanishes again. Whenever people feed him by acknowledging his existence, he hangs around. It's all right there in the post history.

He's already been forbidden to run unauthorized "contests", to use other people's avatars in his rants, spam the forum with multiple threads, claim he has sanction from Lit or the approval of Laurel and Manu, and most of his threads have been locked.

He's been neutered — reduced to a sideshow. Let him have an audience of 1. He bores himself really quickly.

Very interesting, though, that Tio has given Scouries a vote of confidence over those calling for care on this poster. Do remember that.

On using the avatars of others, the Web site mowed Scouries down for using mine once. I use my book covers for my avatar. The copyright on those are clearly owned by me. When I objected, the response was immediate, as well it should be.

Still, it's interesting how much the site has changed since Laurel opened the GB gates to crazy nuts irrelevant to the site. She's banning GB posters now for posting a lot less outrageously than Scouries and Freddie have done in the past, and they are still here. The "Anything goes" clause that's still in the forum rules means a whole lot less now than it did a few years ago.

I apologize for my ignorance, but what does GB stand for?

General Board, further down the discussion board menu. Put on your hip boots and nose clip and check it out. Look, in particular, for what anything being posted there has to do with an erotica story Web site and check out whether most of the posters there have contributed stories to the site or indicated (by favoriting) that they read any stories here.

Very interesting seeing two of the GB's long time and by far worst trolls were banned recently for doing what they'd done for years. Both stalked and harassed women and were reported multiple times and complaints ignored. One posted people's personal information time and time again and again nothing.

Now all of a sudden they're gone for the same thing she let them get away with for years.

One of her board favs must have been affected is the only reason I can see for it happening now.

The General Board is the forum equivalent to the Loving wives category. A few good fun people, but mostly the kind of trolls tossed off of legit forums who gather here to attack each other all day long under the ten alts each they all created.

To be okay there you have to be thick skinned and enjoy some trolling of your own.

Very interesting, though, that Tio has given Scouries a vote of confidence over those calling for care on this poster. Do remember that.

I didn't see that as a vote for scouries, but a veiled shot at others here.

Last edited:
Long time reader and recent member, what I've read about Scouries and her threads over the years is this. She is the most intelligent and creative poster on the site. I miss seeing her graphics. I miss reading her posts. I miss reading her threads. Taking all that she wrote with a grain of salt and not believing anything she's written while being continuing to be entertained, she was the greatest showwoman and promoter this board has ever seen.

Seemingly, tied at the ankle with Scouries is SusanJillParker aka BostonFictionWriter, whether they are separate or the same person, I have no idea. Since I'm a woman too, what I do know is that they are both women. That's for sure and that's a given. What I do know is that if Scouries is the greatest personality on the board, SusanJillParker is one of the greatest writers on the site. Period. Amen.

From all that I've read and from the outlandish, uncalled for, and continued personal attacks, LoveCraft, Sr71plt, and TxRad all should be banned from the site. They should be ashamed of themselves. They are the biggest troublemakers on the site.

Those three characters are hugely responsible for women leaving the site and no longer posting to the forum boards. Based on their hatred of Scouries and SusanJillParker, it's obvious to me as it should be to everything that these men hate women. They are the ones who started and continued the dead baby attacks over the years.

Since the forum rules state that no personal attacks are allowed, I don't understand why LoveCraft, Sr71plt, and TxRad aren't censorsed or banned for constantly and continually attacking Scouries, SusanJillParker, and others.

Just my two cents from a knowledgeable reader but enough should be enough. The forum boards were a much better and a much more creative place when Scouries was posting daily. If you ask me, those three no talent, knucklheads are jealous. Nothing they write and have ever written is any good. They are the ones who constantly and continually vote for themselves while driving women away from this board.

Shame on them and shame on those who encourage that kind of hateful behavior. Shame on the moderator for not disciplining them for attacking fellow writers.

I'm putting a stop to this thread because it has become a lightning rod for attacking authors and their work.

That behavior did not come from the thread originator in this case, and I'm leaving all the posts intact when I close this thread as a permanent record of that.

Take note that restrictions and warnings delivered to primary identities apply to alternate identities, and vice versa. Creating an alternate identity for the purpose of continuing bad behavior you've been warned about will result in all of the accounts suffering the consequences of ignored warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back