1- How many new Lit stories do you read/day/month/year? And 2- what is your strategy for looking for new stories to read?

I just poke around, and if I don't see a story that I want to read, I write one.

I was reading about one or two a day until this past month or so, when I've been slacking horribly. I have about 700 in my to read list, and more keep going on there faster than they come off. I add stories to the list when they get talked about here and sound interesting, or I look up someone's profile because they posted something or commented on a story and go through their works list adding a few that have intriguing titles/descriptions, or I see ones in contests that look good, or I just posted something and while obsessively checking the new stories page for the category to follow my stats I see other new stories that strike my fancy.

I've got about 5 or 10 authors I want to read all their catalog, and that takes me forever to get to with all the other randoms that catch my interest mixed in. But I'm getting to it Oneagainst! And NTH! And... Well I already read most of yours, Em 😅

I work my way through the 750-word challenge list when it's published. Otherwise, about once every 4 years, if there's a special reason to do so, usually because it's come up in some context on AH.

I read 2 a week,maybe. My stories are things that turn me on so I look at the fans who follow me then look at who else they’re following.
Maybe I knew once, but no more. How do I find out who a member is following? I assume you mean on the Story side, where people would be following based on stories?

Maybe I knew once, but no more. How do I find out who a member is following? I assume you mean on the Story side, where people would be following based on stories?
On the story side you can see who is following who, but on the forum side, I don't think you can see who someone else follows. Different datasets, the forum side is more private (which is what I'd expect).

On the story side you can see who is following who, but on the forum side, I don't think you can see who someone else follows. Different datasets, the forum side is more private (which is what I'd expect).
Yeah, but how do you do it on the story side? Like I said, I probably knew once, but I'm not able to find out now.

Yeah, but how do you do it on the story side? Like I said, I probably knew once, but I'm not able to find out now.
Go to your home page, where your stories are listed - the third tab shows who you're following, both stories and authors.

Same if you go to another author's story page - the third tab shows who they follow.

To see who is following you, go to your Control Panel, and there's a button in the menu list, on the left.

First I'll skim the 'my authors activity' for anything new. After that, it's to the main menu and look through the 'New Erotic Stories' list. Anything interesting I'll open in a new tab for later. I've never searched by tags or category.

Luckily, I'm self-employed and work from home. If I'm busy I may not read anything for a week but at quieter times I'll read two or three in a day. I always try and make time to read a story late afternoon/early evening to get me in the mood for hubbie's return 😍.

I have been around since 2007, and have over 6,000 comments (12 on the all time list). When checking my control panel in the morning, I find that I have commented on anywhere between 5-10 stories, which means that I have read more. I currently have 123 stories to read later, as in the morning I only have time for three pages or shorter stories. However, a lot of those are waiting for the next chapter to be released in a series I have interest in ( a lot of those never happen, and I occasionally prune that list for that reason).

In the morning with the first cup of coffee, I briefly peruse the list of new stories to see if anything piques my interest, and then hit eight of my favorite categories, many of them not getting more than a glance, and in others will read one or more stories. The tags and the first paragraph by the author determines if I read the story or not (opening it does not count for reading it, if I don't read it (at least in my book, though I don't know how LIT classifies it).

This is how I do it

Go to your home page, where your stories are listed - the third tab shows who you're following, both stories and authors.

Same if you go to another author's story page - the third tab shows who they follow.

To see who is following you, go to your Control Panel, and there's a button in the menu list, on the left.
Right. But I want to find out who else my followers are following. It seems like that's what Imstillfun is doing.

1704060050137.png

How do I get to their "story page?" Here's a page about them. The 3rd tab only shows their favorites.
Can you include screen shots in your reply?

Right. But I want to find out who else my followers are following. It seems like that's what Imstillfun is doing.
You'd have to look at each follower's third tab, to see who they're following and what stories they've liked.

That's how I do the bulk of my curiosity reading - I go check out a new follower, to see if they're a writer, and to see who they follow, and what stories they've faved.

If they have huge favourite lists, I don't bother (they're indiscriminate), but if they've got short lists, that's where I've found the best writing.

View attachment 2301910

How do I get to their "story page?" Here's a page about them. The 3rd tab only shows their favorites.
Can you include screen shots in your reply?
You can't see their control panel, only what you show here.

Their stories are in the second tab, who they follow and the stories they like are in the third tab. The third tab IS their "following list".

You can't see their control panel, only what you show here.

Their stories are in the second tab, who they like is in the third tab.
OH!!!! Forget all the questions in about followers in this thread. The problem has been that the following is not titled that. It's titled "Favorite Authors." Duh. Thanks for hanging in there!

if I read the story or not (opening it does not count for reading it, if I don't read it (at least in my book, though I don't know how LIT classifies it).
That's a View, and as you say, doesn't mean it's been Read.

Based on my own chaptered stories (where you can see the stats for the last chapter) I reckon maybe one in five who open a story will actually finish it. With a standalone story, there is no way of knowing, but chaptered stories give you a bit of a clue.

OH!!!! Forget all the questions in about followers in this thread. The problem has been that the following is not titled that. It's titled "Favorite Authors." Duh. Thanks for hanging in there!
Correct. Names are important ;).

Honestly, during the twelve years I've been here, I've barely read anything. Less than a hundred and I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than fifty. When I have read something, it was during a moment of weakness and I was horny. I usually just pick a catagory or a tag search, then I might consider story length.

I've made a goal to try and read more, especially from my friends in here.

I'm aiming simple, one or two a week.

Selection choice is unfortunately rather random and also of course depends on the kink. I'm open minded but some obviously just aren't gonna be my thing, ya know?

Mostly suggestions at the bottom of my own stories or my existing favorites. How many new stories do I actually read all the way through? Barely one per week so I’m guessing three per month.

I missed this over the holidays and the same question was tickling my brain earlier today, so I was about to start a thread and this popped up on the threads that might be like this list, so thanks AG31!

I read one or two stories a week, which would be only a tiny fraction of what gets published.

I select them almost randomly, by title, description, score and then I glance at the word count. I prefer short stories, so there is some bias against anything over 15K words.

Then, I read the first couple of paragraphs (the classic "hook") and if I'm not hooked, I swim on.

I will read longer pieces if they've got an awesome hook that makes me say "oh, I've got to see where this going".

I missed this over the holidays and the same question was tickling my brain earlier today, so I was about to start a thread and this popped up on the threads that might be like this list, so thanks AG31!

I read one or two stories a week, which would be only a tiny fraction of what gets published.

I select them almost randomly, by title, description, score and then I glance at the word count. I prefer short stories, so there is some bias against anything over 15K words.

Then, I read the first couple of paragraphs (the classic "hook") and if I'm not hooked, I swim on.

I will read longer pieces if they've got an awesome hook that makes me say "oh, I've got to see where this going".
From which list(s) do you do pick your random choices? Or is it the categories' new lists that are random?

Back