How do I see if my stories have been put on Youtube?

Tomh1966

Hello
In one thread, Cagivagurl mentioned her stories all ended up on Youtube, read by clickbait channels. I looked for hers and did not find them, but I used only the most common terms after I failed using several of her titles.

I want to see if mine have but I will make it easy by asking how to find hers then extrapolating the method.

I've never tried to find mine, so I don't know. In fact, I've never tried to find anyone's story on YouTube.

I have stumbled across a lot of Sci Fi stories on YouTube and... backwards searching them has led to sometimes finding the author.

The YouTubers are getting smarter on this - they can pull hundreds of stories and cite them back to old reddit posts from 5+ years ago who's accounts no longer exist, and then mix that with current authors that they correctly cite and have two way posting of approval for. They also do this with stories that were on Royalroad (which I had never heard of before reverse searching some of these).

If I were a YouTuber I would NOT grab stories from an erotica site. That just seems like a good way to get my channel shut down.

To reverse search, try the title the YouTuber gives it - that's accurate about 1/2 the time. Try anything they credit. And then try some of the actual text...

Very often if they list an author or title, search will pull up a google or royalroad reference that shows something posted years ago by a deleted author.

In my case, I had a nice reviewer on StoriesOnline let me know that someone had stolen my work and posted it on Amazon for pay. I complained to the powers that be there, telling them the person in question did not have my permission to post the story and I had written it fifteen years earlier than they had published it with a link to the authorized Lit version of my story as proof. I also pointed out that they had neglected to post my fanfic disclaimer that the story might include characters based on real celebrities like Michael Phelps and Cat Osterman, but it was not real events. I asked that it be taken down per my right to decide where my work gets published and on what basis readers can receive it. Amazon complied within three days.

The joker who stole my work sent me an email (Amazon shared my address per their policy) and apologized. I told him- "Everybody gets one, this is yours, don't steal my work again." He sent back a surprised "You forgive me? Can you tell Amazon so they don't delete my account?" I replied "Heck no, you reap what you sow." Like Amazon would have listened to me anyway. I'm not an idiot.

Haven't had a story on YouTube as of yet that I know about. If I ever discover one, I will probably do the same thing I did here. I publish my work on adult sites with appropriate rating and security.

Back