Responding to a thread….DM Etiquette

Greylag

Virgin
So in my last question I asked about messages people liked to receive. Having been on here a little while I see a lot of people just reply to a post “DM me” or the like. My question is surely if you are interested in an individual post you should be the one opening the chat/DM direct. It’s certainly what I have done in every case as I don’t expect people to,run around after me but am I getting it massively wrong?

I’ve never actually looked at it that way and it’s an interesting take.

I think for me sometimes it’s more of a way to give them the chance to decline easier or not sitting in their inbox if they aren’t active or interested

I’ve never actually looked at it that way and it’s an interesting take.

I think for me sometimes it’s more of a way to give them the chance to decline easier or not sitting in their inbox if they aren’t active or interested
I would sooner know we are going to communicate or not by direct comms although I accept it can be ignored too. At that point I will have checked profile and recent postings and tried to make my comms relevant and hopefully interesting enough to draw a reply. If that doesn’t work they are definitely off my Christmas Card List. LOL a “DM me” just feels lazy and disinterested.

Back