Recognition for New Poets

twelveoone said:
What are your credentials to be running an Academy?
artso?
heh, heh, heh,

I suppose you missed the firsdt page, if you would read the beginning of threads, you would understand the THREADS better 12

No bribes necessary

I'll probably do it anyway, exhibitionist that I am. But, I'm a sucker for encouragement. Thanks, especially for yours.

LM

Exhibitionists? Here? What makes you think this community welcomes exhibitionists?

Show us your poems, LittleMinna!
LittleMinna said:
I'll probably do it anyway, exhibitionist that I am. But, I'm a sucker for encouragement. Thanks, especially for yours.

LM

My Erotic Tale said:
I suppose you missed the firsdt page, if you would read the beginning of threads, you would understand the THREADS better 12
Main Entry: acad·e·my
Pronunciation: &-'ka-d&-mE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -mies
Etymology: Latin academia, from Greek AkadEmeia, from AkadEmeia, gymnasium where Plato taught, from AkadEmos Attic mythological hero
1 a : a school usually above the elementary level; especially : a private high school b : a high school or college in which special subjects or skills are taught c : higher education -- used with the <the functions of the academy in modern society>
2 capitalized a : the school for advanced education founded by Plato b : the philosophical doctrines associated with Plato's Academy
3 : a society of learned persons organized to advance art, science, or literature
4 : a body of established opinion widely accepted as authoritative in a particular field

I read it Art.
Quit trying to play the "who poor innocent me crap"
My Erotic Tale said:
oh ...wait....do you have a degree in literature?

My Erotic Tale said:
You two, I like, so here it is in a nut shell ... there are two ...that I know of and would certainly like to be enlightened if there are more ...with the professional background and or college degree that states they are qualified to critic a write. Now from what I have seen most comments here are mere wind and hot air, as Lauren said ...her critique is nothing more than her opinion.

enlighen me as to how this is a poem academy, and not as you say some chickens squawking

After all you are the one that made the issue about credentials, not I, (a ridiculous point after all this is the internet) I even gave you an out, you didn't take it.

Now the original function of this thread had some validity, but that seems to have been co-empted by "Praise for New poets" hasn't it.

twelveoone said:
Main Entry: acad·e·my
Pronunciation: &-'ka-d&-mE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -mies
Etymology: Latin academia, from Greek AkadEmeia, from AkadEmeia, gymnasium where Plato taught, from AkadEmos Attic mythological hero
1 a : a school usually above the elementary level; especially : a private high school b : a high school or college in which special subjects or skills are taught c : higher education -- used with the <the functions of the academy in modern society>
2 capitalized a : the school for advanced education founded by Plato b : the philosophical doctrines associated with Plato's Academy
3 : a society of learned persons organized to advance art, science, or literature
4 : a body of established opinion widely accepted as authoritative in a particular field

I read it Art.
Quit trying to play the "who poor innocent me crap"

enlighen me as to how this is a poem academy, and not as you say some chickens squawking

After all you are the one that made the issue about credentials, not I, (a ridiculous point after all this is the internet) I even gave you an out, you didn't take it.

Now the original function of this thread had some validity, but that seems to have been co-empted by "Praise for New poets" hasn't it.

you are busy making points that don't point:> read the first of the thread? I embarked on learning poetry (my self taught exploration) and this thread was a vault for the information such as definitions and types of poetry while I learned from the best teacher there is....READING poems and poem sites with the information needed to explain the basics. As I noticed a lot of poems not getting mentions, mostly new poets, I tried to fix that by giving encouragement since I was reading all the poems already.

The thread died out (the sack invasion) and also >>>as I got busy and quit reading all the poems every day, trying to get my novels done. Jennifer C took up the slack for awhile and then started the 'Recognition for new poets' thread to try and focuss on the new poets that don't stand a very good chance of getting a comment, good or bad.

you question the zen thread's motives then the poem academy motives your just questioning everything I do cause I don't think like you, and I am so glad of that. I hope I was helpful as I asked before, what's your grievance 12?

Is it that I "POINTED OUT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CREDENTIALS TO CRITIC?" Peter Ruby said that writing comes natural to writers and those that have difficulty writing become teachers and critics. "I think of that as a double negative= you can't write so you pick at those that do?" I can understand where your standing when I recall this, for you rarely write. And you love to critic. I may be wrong but I still don't understand the need to tell some one what is wrong with their emotions and passion and change them so the words flow better.

I will add one more thing wicked talked me into opening this poem academy for the purpose of learning as you stated it became an inspiratoion and encouragement to new poets because I don't have the credentials to teach poetry. (Sacks big bitch with superficial comments being vague and giving comments (WITH OUT CREDENTIALS)) But I can point a finger to new poets that a thread has information in it that may help. <GRIN>

NEXT QUESTION?

have a good day 12

My Erotic Tale said:

you are busy making points that don't point:> read the first of the thread? I embarked on learning poetry (my self taught exploration) and this thread was a vault for the information such as definitions and types of poetry while I learned from the best teacher there is....READING poems and poem sites with the information needed to explain the basics. As I noticed a lot of poems not getting mentions, mostly new poets, I tried to fix that by giving encouragement since I was reading all the poems already.

The thread died out (the sack invasion) and also >>>as I got busy and quit reading all the poems every day, trying to get my novels done. Jennifer C took up the slack for awhile and then started the 'Recognition for new poets' thread to try and focuss on the new poets that don't stand a very good chance of getting a comment, good or bad.

you question the zen thread's motives then the poem academy motives your just questioning everything I do cause I don't think like you, and I am so glad of that. I hope I was helpful as I asked before, what's your grievance 12?

Is it that I "POINTED OUT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CREDENTIALS TO CRITIC?" Peter Ruby said that writing comes natural to writers and those that have difficulty writing become teachers and critics. "I think of that as a double negative= you can't write so you pick at those that do?" I can understand where your standing when I recall this, for you rarely write. And you love to critic. I may be wrong but I still don't understand the need to tell some one what is wrong with their emotions and passion and change them so the words flow better.

I will add one more thing wicked talked me into opening this poem academy for the purpose of learning as you stated it became an inspiratoion and encouragement to new poets because I don't have the credentials to teach poetry. (Sacks big bitch with superficial comments being vague and giving comments (WITH OUT CREDENTIALS)) But I can point a finger to new poets that a thread has information in it that may help. <GRIN>

NEXT QUESTION?

have a good day 12
Still smarting over Sack?

No more questions,.
I think MAYBE, you are beginning to see the consequences of invading a thread and hurling shit around. You ain't walking away without getting splattered. I believe I gave you more than enough outs, you didn't take them.

Next time be a little more careful of who you throw a Yding Ydang at.

BTW, I can point a couple of fingers too about new poets here, that have thanked me, when I was being critical. It's the old I'm untouchable bastards - this includes you now, that seem to object most.

I guess, I ain't got 'nuff credentials.
BTW get off your ass and read Dr. Joseph S. Salemi's essay (I linked in Damn) and Then read the poem, you might like it, learn a thing or two, he has credentials.

twelveoone said:
Still smarting over Sack?

No more questions,.
I think MAYBE, you are beginning to see the consequences of invading a thread and hurling shit around. You ain't walking away without getting splattered. I believe I gave you more than enough outs, you didn't take them.

Next time be a little more careful of who you throw a Yding Ydang at.

BTW, I can point a couple of fingers too about new poets here, that have thanked me, when I was being critical. It's the old I'm untouchable bastards - this includes you now, that seem to object most.

I guess, I ain't got 'nuff credentials.
BTW get off your ass and read Dr. Joseph S. Salemi's essay (I linked in Damn) and Then read the poem, you might like it, learn a thing or two, he has credentials.

so the truth finally comes out, now that wasn't so hard now was it. :rolleyes:

I think you know me enough by now to know if I got something to say I say it. It may be a curse but I had fear surgically removed a long time ago.

Come back any time 12
and give a lesson, but try not to take 5 posts in order to do so, please.
oh wait, your saying you DON'T have the credentials, you just woke up one day and said I want to critic???? That's okay I woke up one day and said I want to write <grin>

Thank you

~hellbaby~ said:
I read some from Baron Waste last night. (I liked them much except one) He can really grab your attention with his words.Marks of Love is a good example..

Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the recognition, and reading my work. Both are very much appreciated. I will say that Temporary Insanity is an older poem from a very rough first divorce when I was younger which I even find a bit disturbing, but it also captures the pain, anger and chaos that I was experiencing at that time. If you felt disturbed, and slightly ill, then the poem evoked exactly the feeling it was intended to. Again, thank you for mentioning me.

~hellbaby~ said:
I read some from Baron Waste last night. (I liked them much except one) He can really grab your attention with his words.Marks of Love is a good example..

I had a flashback when I read your signature
I use to live in Jefferson Texas
little probably knew that Jefferson had him a Girl friend in Texas and visited her often in a small area on the Big Sandy river. A steam boat and barge stop more than a town that eventually was named Jefferson as it grew.

psst....don't tell his wife ...

Baron Waste said:
Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the recognition, and reading my work. Both are very much appreciated. I will say that Temporary Insanity is an older poem from a very rough first divorce when I was younger which I even find a bit disturbing, but it also captures the pain, anger and chaos that I was experiencing at that time. If you felt disturbed, and slightly ill, then the poem evoked exactly the feeling it was intended to. Again, thank you for mentioning me.
It was a very powerful poem and even when I wanted to stop reading it I didn't, it conjured up much feeling.I hoped to find more by you for exactly that reason and happily I did. I'm not done all yet because the mood has to hit me to read poetry.
I'm looking forward to more! :)

My Erotic Tale said:
I had a flashback when I read your signature
I use to live in Jefferson Texas
little probably knew that Jefferson had him a Girl friend in Texas and visited her often in a small area on the Big Sandy river. A steam boat and barge stop more than a town that eventually was named Jefferson as it grew.

psst....don't tell his wife ...
I'm just starting to read about him. I use his quotes all the time, I like what he says and now I want to learn more than what was on a TV miniseries. :)
his wife doesn't care, she's messing around with the General.

My Erotic Tale said:
so the truth finally comes out, now that wasn't so hard now was it. :rolleyes:

I think you know me enough by now to know if I got something to say I say it. It may be a curse but I had fear surgically removed a long time ago.

Come back any time 12
and give a lesson, but try not to take 5 posts in order to do so, please.
oh wait, your saying you DON'T have the credentials, you just woke up one day and said I want to critic???? That's okay I woke up one day and said I want to write <grin>
the reason it takes so long with you for lessons to sink it,
1.) you are a bit thick
2.) you refuse to believe anything but your dollar store Zen homilies

and you should know also, I don't back down, unless proved wrong, you failed to do so, just little boy evasions.

Now here is another lesson - consider what is at stake:
Ego, your precious, defend at any cost, ego. Mine, have very little, really don't care.
Your precarious postion as a "poet", again I don't care, never felt comfortable being called that anyway.

Keep it going Art, I have nothing to lose.
<Bigger Grin>
Tell me again, why this is an "Academy" , why that is" Zen mountain" over there?

You know I will be back
<Bigger Grin, almost a laugh>

now 12...

u know I like ya..but to kick a horse in a hurricane...even a critic has a beat somewhere...

twelveoone said:
the reason it takes so long with you for lessons to sink it,
1.) you are a bit thick
2.) you refuse to believe anything but your dollar store Zen homilies

and you should know also, I don't back down, unless proved wrong, you failed to do so, just little boy evasions.

Now here is another lesson - consider what is at stake:
Ego, your precious, defend at any cost, ego. Mine, have very little, really don't care.
Your precarious postion as a "poet", again I don't care, never felt comfortable being called that anyway.

Keep it going Art, I have nothing to lose.
<Bigger Grin>
Tell me again, why this is an "Academy" , why that is" Zen mountain" over there?

You know I will be back
<Bigger Grin, almost a laugh>

Critique

I am glad to have such a thread. I write mainly to express thoughts. I am not always concerned with what style it is in. But I always welcome the chance to learn something from someone who has more experience than myself. Erotic writing is a leap I had not taken until now. So this is all a learning experience for me.

thewantonscribe said:
I am glad to have such a thread. I write mainly to express thoughts. I am not always concerned with what style it is in. But I always welcome the chance to learn something from someone who has more experience than myself. Erotic writing is a leap I had not taken until now. So this is all a learning experience for me.

hello wantonscribe

the first page of this thread has most of the information about basic poetry left by wicked eve and liar, two very helpful poets here at LIT. 1201 is okay he is just dealing with his truths that has been shaken and will come around eventually. <grin>

feel free to browse the thread and leave posts, as I said the begining of this thread has most if not all the information for writing. This was the steps I took to learn how to write and I hope it can help others explore poetry as well.

thanks Art~

~hellbaby~ said:
I'm just starting to read about him. I use his quotes all the time, I like what he says and now I want to learn more than what was on a TV miniseries. :)
his wife doesn't care, she's messing around with the General.

laughing...I always knew the white house wasn't so white <grin>
the place where he use to visit his girl friend is a land mark in Texas <grin> now that is excepting a man for what he done <grin> yes he is a very smart feller' <grin> and from the sound of it so was MRS. JEFFERSON (~_*)

Thanks

I am mainly self taught. I have forgotten most of the basics they taught in early undergrad lit courses lol. I will check out the begining posts and keep tabs on the latter ones. I look forward to reading.

Kate

My Erotic Tale said:
hello wantonscribe

the first page of this thread has most of the information about basic poetry left by wicked eve and liar, two very helpful poets here at LIT. 1201 is okay he is just dealing with his truths that has been shaken and will come around eventually. <grin>

feel free to browse the thread and leave posts, as I said the begining of this thread has most if not all the information for writing. This was the steps I took to learn how to write and I hope it can help others explore poetry as well.

thanks Art~
and Art, you know I have no problem with that, never did. I certainly hope I made it clear, I have a problem with anyone who objects to criticism. (as you did in a thread that attempted to praise those that give the time unthanked and too often maligned)
I believe the statement I made was bullshit is still bullshit whether it has a degree behind it or not. I've seen enough either way.

Good Luck with your writing

but I have not seen anyone "shake" my "truths" , which is, whatever is written can be looked at objectively , AND improved.

twelveoone said:
and Art, you know I have no problem with that, never did. I certainly hope I made it clear, I have a problem with anyone who objects to criticism. (as you did in a thread that attempted to praise those that give the time unthanked and too often maligned)
I believe the statement I made was bullshit is still bullshit whether it has a degree behind it or not. I've seen enough either way.

Good Luck with your writing

but I have not seen anyone "shake" my "truths" , which is, whatever is written can be looked at objectively , AND improved.

thanks 12

(me) billy jack vs james bond (you)<laughing>

You stated; (as you did in a thread that attempted to praise those that give the time unthanked and too often maligned)

I find that critics jump in with both feet willing, due to the love of that type of mental swirl. opinions are like ...well you know the line. (my self included)

lets use james bond and billy jack...billy jack writes a poem

sun over heated rock
a spotted lizard hops
taking my silver
like the night stars glitter

now james bond is an educated man and critics this poem and his say is...

I like the spotted lizard part hopping from hot rocks by the sun
and taking silver <I didn't truely understand but flowed well.
if it is sunny how did you fall into night stars
add more, perhaps thesarus a few words
and not so vague

so here is the opinion and view from a reader but has nothing to do with the reason, feelings and moment the poem was written...

in the hot sun a lizard hopped by and took a small pouch of silver dust from billy...there for he wrote the poem by fire light that night and condensed it totally to what he felt was his perfect wording for a poem about what happened. So, the time factor actually comes into play here, james bond has the time to dabble his thoughts on a poem, call it critic? When I read your poem ...there is no way I would or could put my mind where you were to write that...just as you don't see the river the way I do. <grin> or a dew drop....

if you see a poem as blue and I see a poem as red we can only do one of two things...except each others view...or....>grin<...debate it

Back