Reading Books For Pleasure

~Blacklace~ said:
Well I started the series at Narcissus in Chain, lol I know its the middle. So didnt get to read the evolvment of her and JC or Richard. I tried going back and reading from the beginning after I read all the rest, but I couldnt, it was too boring.
As far as Micah goes, like you said BB, and there just doesnt seem to be much substance to the 'ship at this point. Im ok with JC, but they dont do a helluva lot (from where I started anyway) I loved Jason, Asher, Damien. But Im gonna hafta say my favorite so is Nathaniel. That scene where he finally took control, while they were at her office was hot. Hes got both sides for me, submissive, and yet strong and growing into more dominant. And I too like the whole pard thing, big puppy piles etc.
And yes her fashion is awful to a fault. And even when she slinks it up a bit, its in innapropriate places.

Oh, hell, yeah --- the office sex with N is fantastic. He's really coming into his own. Oddly enough it's the character of Nathaniel that really made me consider what might appeal to me about a submissive man.

Too bad you couldn't get through the first books, that's where you get the best sense of her building relationship with JC. Blue Moon is an excellent book.

Were you able to read any of the books before Narcissus?

bridgeburner said:
Grace,

Yep

Yep

and Yep

'nother Yep (BIG YEP actually)

and a Yep

I think that's why I like Asher and Jason so much, too --- they call her on her bullshit. Definitely want to kick Richard's ass, but I like the way he's been set up to show her how her own hangups and selfishness affected everyone else for so long. Doesn't make me like him personally but as a piece of story-craft he's great!

Oh, I totally agree. He's great for the story line. And to tell the truth if he grows like Anita does I might end up liking him. Frankly, with the exception of the constant whining, he's an great guy. And hotter than all get out.

bridgeburner said:
Oh, hell, yeah --- the office sex with N is fantastic. He's really coming into his own. Oddly enough it's the character of Nathaniel that really made me consider what might appeal to me about a submissive man.

Too bad you couldn't get through the first books, that's where you get the best sense of her building relationship with JC. Blue Moon is an excellent book.

I really liked the first time she got together with Micah. No over analizing the situation, no pages of her htinking about it and talking about it with the guy, they just did it. It was totally hot.

Adore the Anita Blake Series and have liked Asher's character since he appeared in the parking lot that first time.

Love the wereleopards too.

On the Meredith Gentry series- I love Doyle. All dark and scary and protective. Yum.

Vixandra said:
Adore the Anita Blake Series and have liked Asher's character since he appeared in the parking lot that first time.

On the Meredith Gentry series- I love Doyle. All dark and scary and protective. Yum.

Yep. I've only read the first two, but so far I definately like Doyle. Frost is ok, but he's bit to jealous and possessive.

bridgeburner said:

I rented from the library the very first one, and could only get maybe 20 pages in, and I was skimming at that. I think perhaps it was also the writing, I dunno. But I know I definately want to read Obsidian Butterfly, Blue moon, and Burnt Offerings before her newest comes out. Just having a problem getting them from the library.

graceanne said:
I really liked the first time she got together with Micah. No over analizing the situation, no pages of her htinking about it and talking about it with the guy, they just did it. It was totally hot.

yes! She so over analizes too much so that scene was hot.

Vixandra said:

Yeah Doyle is my fave, and Frost would be better withoiut all the whining

~Blacklace~ said:
yes! She so over analizes too much so that scene was hot.

That's my biggest issue is before any action scene or love scene their's almost a whole chapter of Anita over analizng it. It's freaken irritating.

~Blacklace~ said:
Yeah Doyle is my fave, and Frost would be better withoiut all the whining

Yeah, Frost too often needs a can of "Shut-the-fuck-up" juice.

Galen's spiffy too. Not for king material but just because he loves her and wants her safe and happy.

Vixandra said:
Yeah, Frost too often needs a can of "Shut-the-fuck-up" juice.

Galen's spiffy too. Not for king material but just because he loves her and wants her safe and happy.

If you're looking for King material I'd say she probably needs Doyle or maybe Barinthus...just to play with though, they all have their good points but I'll agree on the Frost whining too much.

caela said:
If you're looking for King material I'd say she probably needs Doyle or maybe Barinthus...just to play with though, they all have their good points but I'll agree on the Frost whining too much.

I'm hoping for Doyle.

graceanne said:
I'm hoping for Doyle.

Yeah me too for the most part, though if it was anyone else I would opt for Barinthus. You could do a lot worse than a sea god as the father of your children.

caela said:
Yeah me too for the most part, though if it was anyone else I would opt for Barinthus. You could do a lot worse than a sea god as the father of your children.

Yeah. If not Doyle, then Barinthus. But frankly Doyle's best. He's got power, he's got intelligence, and he's got experience leading.

graceanne said:

Yeah, that was why I liked him RIGHT off! It just worked!

Fury :rose:

And one musn't forget Doyle's alternate forms.
'Course it could just be me with a thing for shapeshifters.

Vixandra said:
And one musn't forget Doyle's alternate forms.
'Course it could just be me with a thing for shapeshifters.

It's not just you. And I'm only on the third, he shifts form?

I think I'm seriously in lust with that character.

graceanne said:
It's not just you. And I'm only on the third, he shifts form?

I think I'm seriously in lust with that character.

Yes he does which I think will come into play for you in that book. It's really cool though the first time is a bit of a shock for everyone.

Vixandra...It's not just you.

Well, I read, My Heart May Be Broken, But My Hair still Looks Great by Dixie Cash. It was amusing and a romance with a little Texas humor and mystery thrown in.

Last edited:
FurryFury said:
Well, I read, My Heart May Be Broken, But My Hair still Looks Great by Dixie Cash. It was amusing and a romance with a little Texas humor and mystery thrown in.

Well, I like the title. :D

graceanne said:
I just finished the third book and I can't wait to read the fourth. :nana:

Me neither but it doesn't come out in a regular paperback (just the large ones) til November. I'm weird and like my books to match so I won't buy it til then but if I get desperate enough I may hit the library for it.

Back