Question about gore

dudeman216

Virgin
Hello everyone. I love the site and recently decided to start my own story. And seeing as I am a big horror fan, I am basing it on my favorite movies. It is called Slasher Portal and found here --> http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.cover/5686

It obviously isn't approved yet as I have just created it. But I was getting ready to start adding some threads to it and was wondering what CHYOO's stance on gore was? I wasn't planning on anything too extreme, and am not going to have any sexual violence, but I do plan to have paths eventually ending with the death of the protagonist or the slasher. As well as the deaths of supporting characters along the way, just like in a slasher film.

But I don't want to break any rules, and I couldn't seem to find a clear answer on then when searching. Am I going to get in trouble for people getting their heads cut off, etc?

Instead of that you can join in on Magical Voyages; A VR Experience. There's a whole Horror World there, and you can kind of get around the death and snuff stuff by having it be a 'game'. Latexdoll did a whole sequence in the horror World there. I tried a couple, I'm just not into horror that much.

I think you should be OK. This is an adult site after all. I included some horror/violence in Vampire Fledgling as a necessary part of the plot. I don't think I took it particularly far, as it's primarily an erotic story, but nonetheless, I think if you make it clear that your story is a slasher-themed one, then people won't be too upset if your protagonist gets decapitated. :)

The big problem would be if there was non-consensual sexual violence.

Well thanks to those that replied. I didn't think it would be a problem either and I thought I made it clear that there would be NO sexual violence in it, but the story was denied anyways. And on top of that I never got an email or anything that told me why. Oh well. At least I can still contribute to other stories and try again later with another of my own, I guess.

I wonder about this too, is it okay to have a murder in the story? Nothing too graphical of course, just someone getting shot.

Didn't find a good answer about this. I got a short story arc figured out, but there's no point in writing it if it's against the rules.

I wonder about this too, is it okay to have a murder in the story? Nothing too graphical of course, just someone getting shot.

Didn't find a good answer about this. I got a short story arc figured out, but there's no point in writing it if it's against the rules.

If it's not too graphic, it's acceptable. There are a few threads where someone is killed, either intentionally or accidentally, and there's been little fuss raised about it, if any. As long as it's nothing like a verbal adaptation of Guinea Pig or Concrete, you should be fine.

Thanks! That's the answer I was hoping for, now I just have to turn the idea into text.

Back