Prayers and thoughts needed.

Thank you for all the good wishes, everyone. This isn't a done deal yet, so if you'd occasionally send up a prayer or what have you, I'd appreciate it.

And on a separate note, a Lit friend of mine is undergoing surgery tomorrow. I won't name her in case she wishes to remain anonymous, but if you'd send good wishes, prayers, etc her way, I know she'd be touched and would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I've been kind of quiet about this, but now that the event is on the horizon, I could use some positive thoughts, prayer, juju, karma.....

When I went to see the endocrinologist, he found a lump on my thyroid. And being the ultra-cautious and conscientious doc that he is, he wants to do a fine needle aspiration (basically, a biopsy) on it. Which I'm having done tomorrow, and which is the reason I am awake when I should be asleep.

I've done some research, and learned that 95% of thyroid lumps/nodules end up being benign. So, I'm not particularly concerned about the results. It's the method of cell collection that's freaking me out. See, here's the thing: I am a total freaking wuss when it comes to needles. Yes, he'll spray my skin with a topical before going in, but I'm still all but hyperventilating at the thought of a needle (even a super thin one) going into my neck. This from a woman who gave birth sans drugs, twice! :rolleyes: I know, I know: pathetic.

At any rate, I could use some positive energy in calming my nerves. I swear, if I don't get this under control, there's a good chance I just might dismantle the exam table from tremors alone. :rolleyes:

fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs, signals, . . . I've got everything crossed I can for ya! :rose:

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, Ms.B. You have every reason to believe that things will go perfectly. :rose:

Good thoughts from a perfect stranger. You will find the strength to get through it.

((((((hugs)))))))

Sweet bailadora,

Big hugs, well wishes, and some damn fine positive energy going your way!

:rose:

Thank you, everyone, for the well wishes: I truly appreciate them.

All done. Five samples taken, and only two of them were distinctly uncomfortable. I'd compare it to having blood drawn (they use thinner needles, though), except that they have to twirl the needle around a bit like a swizzle stick to get enough tissue to extract. THAT was a bit freaky, for sure. The two punctures that caused me the most discomfort were probably not from the actual puncture itself, but from the pressure that had to be exerted. All in all, not something I'd exactly look forward to, but if I had to do again, not something I think I'd face with the same amount of dread. I probably psyched myself out with worry, more than anything. :rolleyes:

One thing is for sure, if I ever had any inclination whatsoever to think I might be into breathe play, this nixed that in a heartbeat. I've discovered I can only tolerate the bare minimum of pressure before I start to get freaked. The poor ultrasound tech could probably feel my heart pounding against her arm as she held the transducer. :eek:

Oh yeah, and I think paranormal romance featuring vamps have lost some of their allure for me! :D

Doc says results in 7-10 days, so now I get to practice being patient. :eek:

thanks bail, although i suppose it's kinda sad a kink died along the way.

hey, it's lit! :>

ed

I'm glad it went well today, Adorable One. Being a patient patient isn't fun and I hope it goes quickly for you.:rose:

Finally got my results and they are benign! Thank you, thank you for all the good wishes! *huge sigh of relief*

thanks bail, although i suppose it's kinda sad a kink died along the way. hey, it's lit! :>

ed

I don't know about died, so much as got put firmly in the "no way, no how" column. I mean it was only ever a very fleeting thought to begin with. Can it really die if it never even got started to begin with? *feeling philosophical*

I must have missed this when I was sans Internet for almost two weeks. Glad everything's okay. :rose:

bail, that's completely awesome & i'm thrilled!

and remember: hey, it's lit. :>

ed

I must have missed this when I was sans Internet for almost two weeks. Glad everything's okay. :rose:

Great news. Glad everything is okay. :)

Fantastic news, Baila!!!! Yay! You must be so relieved. X

That is wonderful news!!

bail, that's completely awesome & i'm thrilled!

and remember: hey, it's lit. :>

ed

:heart: Thank you, everyone! I am very, very relieved and grateful for the results.

And yeah, Ed, I know it's Lit. I was trying to draw you into one of those "if a tree falls in the woods, but no one's around to hear it" type of discussions. Epic fail! :D:eek:

Back