I’ll fold this flower into my suitcase and
startle
as it’s thrown casually, carelessly in the cargo of the plane,
my face receding in the clouds, the rain
and fly away, fly away home.

ooo.. lookit Ang's birth announcement.

Was this unearthed from the Mesosoic era? :D

and no one responded back then but my Elda. lol

Good old Elda! My pal. Who knew? That poem has been long gone from here; I wrote it in '98. Here it is in its entireity.

Goodbye

I’m fixing you in time.
Pressing this memory like a flower
with roots tender and tentative,
with petals bright and strong.

Whose essence overall is an awakening sublime
that rises, curls, cloys,
then settles, lingering round my shoulders
in a brief and gentle fog.

startle

Please come home with me
and live precisely
in the third drawer of my mahogany dressing table
Among the linens and sachets
and the ring my grandmother gave me.

Stay in this cool, quiet shroud
and never fade away.

Was this unearthed from the Mesosoic era? :D

Good old Elda! My pal. Who knew? That poem has been long gone from here; I wrote it in '98. Here it is in its entireity.

Goodbye

I’m fixing you in time.
Pressing this memory like a flower
with roots tender and tentative,
with petals bright and strong.

Whose essence overall is an awakening sublime
that rises, curls, cloys,
then settles, lingering round my shoulders
in a brief and gentle fog.

startle

Please come home with me
and live precisely
in the third drawer of my mahogany dressing table
Among the linens and sachets
and the ring my grandmother gave me.

Stay in this cool, quiet shroud
and never fade away.
Odd but I still remember this poem. I don't remember what I'm suppose to do today but I remember the poem. :confused: Oh, I have to go to the store.

Oh, I remember meeting Angeline before anyone else here, when she had only two poems posted. And when she was all excited about finding the Poetry Board and writing a poem specifically for a certain thread.

Oh, I remember meeting Angeline before anyone else here, when she had only two poems posted. And when she was all excited about finding the Poetry Board and writing a poem specifically for a certain thread.
I remember meeting her when she was a fetus. She didn't have any poems then.

I went to Madrid last week (honeymoon - couldn't find last-minute tickets to Barcelona, but that's fine because it turns out it was raining cats and dogs the whole week in Barcelona) and was somehow dragged into the BODIES exhibition. There were tons of foetuses there, but none were a poem-less Angeline, thank God.

I went to Madrid last week (honeymoon - couldn't find last-minute tickets to Barcelona, but that's fine because it turns out it was raining cats and dogs the whole week in Barcelona) and was somehow dragged into the BODIES exhibition. There were tons of foetuses there, but none were a poem-less Angeline, thank God.
I would have been there with my camera. Seriously. Yeah, I'm morbid. Hasn't some my poetry been a clue? :D

Utter delight, this thread,
Lost in some suitcase ages ago.
Plucked today, still fresh-sweet
and strong, from the past.
Vital then, Angie is all vitality now.
:rose:

hello Lauren:)

Did you enjoy that ( body) display? I guess I am a narrow-minded southerner, but I couldn't bring myself to attend when it came through here.

When I saw the commercial all I could think of was my parents and grandparents and how awful it would be to be bopping through the display and see one of them, on display, in their deadness.. my daughters attended-- (the Goth Chick and the forensic anthropology student....) and from what I heard, it was fabulous and no relatives were "there".

good to see you back

Yeah, I could picture you kicking away, bruising your mom from the inside.:rolleyes:

:cool:

Actually I was pretty calm, so they tell me. My daughter otoh...oy! She did the mamba nonstop for seven months. And then she raced out in two hours. I think it must have been all that caffiene in the diet coke I was addicted to when preggy. :eek:

I think this Angeline chick may have some real potential.

bj

She has her momemts. Of various kinds. :kiss:

I'd need to see a pic of her legs and/or ass to be sure.

Here. Best I can do. :D

Last edited:
Back