Need an editor, story rejected for AI ...

For those of you who think there are editors who can magically get your story posted, here's a direct quote from Laurel:

Volunteer Editors are readers who volunteer their time to help writers with their works. They are unaffiliated with Lit and there is no secret list of people with special power.

For those of you who think there are editors who can magically get your story posted, here's a direct quote from Laurel:

Volunteer Editors are readers who volunteer their time to help writers with their works. They are unaffiliated with Lit and there is no secret list of people with special power.
True, but no one should be discouraged from seeking a volunteer editor.

My offer still stands - if anyone here is having trouble getting their story published because of AI reasons, and you are adamant that your story was not written by AI - let me have a pass through your story. My vouching for you might not get your story through any more quickly, but at the very least you get a free edit.

I've been getting a lot of my stories rejected for the same reason. Something's definitely wrong. As I specifically put in the notes to the Admin, the only AI I use is Grammarly Pro as a spellchecker.

I always have at least one editor, so I'm not sure that getting one will help you.
I have a similar issue.
Lately, I noticed too many stories I sent got rejected or got 'postponed' for too long (some of these were rejected too). I do not understand the issue. I was raised in a country where people didn't speak English. When I sent my first 80-90 stories, many of the comments were about my English (Even though about 60% were still rated HOT). They suggested I use a word-proofer. I started using it, but the ideas, the writing - Everything was mine. Still, rejections or delays continued. These days I use the software VERY sparingly, and my stories keep piling in the pending column( Now I have 5...).
What exactly is the issue, and why do all these new changes affect so significantly the publication of my stories?...

Thank you ElectricBlue. I know that, and I still get nothing. Looking for an editor here is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Might I suggest asking Kenjisato if he is available to edit? He has done 40 of my stories. His grammatical grasp is excellent. He also catches my misuse of vocabulary. Look for him on the editor's list. He even edited one for me over Christmas. Prompt returns in about 7 to 10 days at the current time frame.

Reactions: O2
Back