Poems taking longer than normal to publish?

MediocreAuthor

You can call me "M"
I've only posted one poem in the past, and now my second one has been pending for over 2 weeks. I tried messaging Laurel, but I realize she's busy so, no response yet, after several days.

Anyone else having this issue? Is this how long they normally take?

I've only posted one poem in the past, and now my second one has been pending for over 2 weeks. I tried messaging Laurel, but I realize she's busy so, no response yet, after several days.

Anyone else having this issue? Is this how long they normally take?
i don't know... they used to go up in a day or two, but there have been multiple instances of people waiting a lot longer since the change over. Having said that, i'm thinking half of the problems are being caused by those submitting material because they keep trying to repost their work, which puts them to the back of the list. So don't do that. Yes, it would help if the site owners posted updates on some problems that seem to occur but while they address some in the forum dedicated to asking stuff, other questions remain unanswered.

Perhaps someone here who has been posting over on the publication side (the forum side is a different baby) will be able to answer this better for you. This thread is also better placed on the Poet's Hangout rather than here, which is dedicated to the posting of and discussion of poetry.

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong location. I've only posted 1 poem before, and I don't know much about it

I'm not an insider, but as I understand it, Lit doesn't have a large staff to sort submissions. Each one has to be read to avoid rule violations. Depending on submission volumes, release times vary. It takes as long as it takes. No real standard. I'm pretty sure it's FIFO, but stories might get more attention than poems. I'm speculating on that part, though, an defer to the better informed. I've had some release same day. I've had some go almost two weeks. Don't worry. It will get released.

I'm not an insider, but as I understand it, Lit doesn't have a large staff to sort submissions. Each one has to be read to avoid rule violations. Depending on submission volumes, release times vary. It takes as long as it takes. No real standard. I'm pretty sure it's FIFO, but stories might get more attention than poems. I'm speculating on that part, though, an defer to the better informed. I've had some release same day. I've had some go almost two weeks. Don't worry. It will get released.
In my specific case, it did not get released. It was a test work of prose to see if diacritics would publish on the site, and it got rejected because it wasn't "poetic" enough, I guess. I was told to place it in the "Stories" side of the sight. At any rate, I'm glad, because my real story with diacritics posted fine. No test needed

Last edited:
In my specific case, it did not get released. It was a test work of prose to see if diacritics would publish on the site, and it got rejected because it wasn't "poetic" enough, I guess. I was told to place it in the "Stories" side of the sight. At any rate, I'm glad, because I'm really story with diacritics posted fine. No test needed
I haven't tried to post any prose poems yet, and I've thought about attempting 100 word stories because Lit doesn't have a place for them and they don't meet the minimum word count for the story side. I'd combine several into a single submission, but I don't have eight of the durn things yet. Thanks for the clarification it give me some insight so I can manage my expectations.

Back