Pending Paradox

Stimtheone

Really Experienced
This one is not exactly to complain (though I'm curious why this might be) but rather to share my experience.

I've given several chapters to be published and while those were about 60 pages long or such, they cleared pretty quickly. But now I sent a chapter that was much shorter than the others and... it's been pending for a week. Now, no heat to the admins, they might have a busy schedule, I might have just posted at a time when 900 others decided to, but it does get me curious. Were the others AI-proofread and this one is short enough to get a manual review whenever they get to that or something else?

Either way, a bit curious that the previous chapter, racking 80 google doc pages got published in about three days and this one of 45 took so long.

The Winter Holiday 2023 Contest is gearing up for submissions so there are probably a large number of stories queued up for that. They will get prioritized over everything else until the queue is exhausted.

Well, just now it looks like it was cleared. Props to the admins, but I can see how that could be a reason to have some backlog.

Still, I bet it happened to many.... to find a time when things cleared up quickly and then see it just stall.

Back