Pleasant Surprises On Literotica?

MyBareTorso

Naked For The Ladies
I'm in the mood for something a little positive today, people! Just wondering in what ways authors and readers in the AH have been pleasantly surprised here on Literotica? A nice comment you weren't counting on, a connection made that you weren't expecting, a contest you won, a story you doubted that "did well", a nice creative alliance formed, a story submitted in a category you never thought you'd get to...that sort of thing.

A nice surprise for me was that a few gay readers had been drawn to my CFNM stories by my tags "Muscular man" and "Big cock". Of course, this was hardly surprising in hindsight (and I now understand too that the male objectification inherent in CFNM might appeal to some gay dudes), but they had some lovely things to say, and also provided some suggestions that I never would have considered. It was one of the nicest surprises I've experienced here.

Has anyone else been pleasantly surprised on Literotica?

I'm a completely amateur writer with no further education in language arts, after high school. So the fact that my work has been so positively received by readers has a been the best possible pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
Has anyone else been pleasantly surprised on Literotica?

I’m pleasantly surprised that publishing here has been so stimulating to my productivity as a writer.

Backstory: a long time ago I wrote “literature”. I got the degree, I did the workshops, I even got published in literary journals and briefly had an agent. But it was a struggle. I realize in retrospect that my situation and relationship were too constraining— or maybe I lacked the temerity to break free. Whatever, I gave up and found other pursuits.

About 18 months ago I had an idea for a few erotic stories. I’d often written erotica on the side, never showing anything to anyone. I found Literotica and gave it a try.

The result is that I’m amazingly productive. I just finished the last chapter in a series that totals over 70K words, a novel. I have another almost ready at over 100K. I’ll submit a novella to this year’s Geek Pride when it opens next week. Several more stories are in concept stage. All in the last 8 months. The scenes appear spontaneously and the words flow out smoothly.* I’ve developed a following who rain stars and hearts on me.

I think eventually I’ll revert back to “literature”, as a number of my new ideas have little to do with sex, but there will definitely be erotic scenes. Why not?

* I’ve read that John Milton woke up every morning with new lines of Paradise Lost in his mind that he recited to his daughter (his amanuensis— he was blind) and that he said God had put in his head during the night. Sometimes I feel the same way, except I have a MacBook instead of a daughter and the words are definitely not coming from any Christian god.

a connection made that you weren't expecting,
a nice creative alliance formed,

it's no secret here Emily Miller and I have not only become friends (some suspect more lol) but also a creative writing team, building a shared Angels & Demons universe many of you are probably sick of hearing about.

When I first started, I figured I'd just write some stories people might masturbate to and just see how it went.

I had no real plans to write anything COMPLICATED. Certainly not in Supernatural Fantasy.

Befriending Emily has inspired me not just in those stories we collaborate on together, but in my solo writing stories as well. It's nice to have a friend to run ideas past, to help suggest, to help push me to find the right path when I'm stuck.

Or just reassure me my story doesn't totally suck. Although there are times I think she's perhaps too kind.

Just getting to chat with my friends here over the years. MelissaBaby, EmilyMiller, Freya, Aurora from way back when, etc. Knowing they are good writers, having them support my work as I support theirs… it’s a great feeling.

Basically… like, everything that’s happened in the last year and a half? I started here because I was frustrated with how actual little writing I got to do on a visual novel I’d been working on, the first real fiction writing I’d done in close to 30 years. I put a 2,500 word piece up on Nov. 19, 2022, and everything related to the site since has been surprise after surprise, most of them ranging from pleasant to wildly joyous.

Not so much on my stories (I write and espouse loving ethical non-monogamy and hotwives), but up here in the Forums I have had many good discussions and positive feedback on my comments and observations

Like Lumiere Amie I've been pleasantly surprised at the reception to my stories. I didn't start writing until my 50s and had never written fiction of any kind in my adult life until then.

I didn't know anything about this forum until I started writing, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it is (with occasional hiccups) and with how much I can learn here.

Like Lumiere Amie I've been pleasantly surprised at the reception to my stories. I didn't start writing until my 50s and had never written fiction of any kind in my adult life until then.

I didn't know anything about this forum until I started writing, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it is (with occasional hiccups) and with how much I can learn here.

Writing's a lonely thing. I enjoy it so much more when i immerse myself into the community of whatever genre I'm writing in, and I really love discussing the nuts and bolts of it. Especially the differences of opinion because then it's like "Why exactly do I think that thing?"

As long as we stay away from danger topics like bears and gdocs, this forum has a pretty good culture for discussions. There's some interesting questions on here.

A writer I had met at a conference referred me to Lit. I was a bit hesitant, but decided to go ahead. I was quite pleasantly surprised at the friendliness to be found here, and even more pleasantly surprised to end up meeting a number of my fellow Litsters in person over the years.

Last edited:
Back