She breasted boobily down the stairs

I'm ashamed to admit that when I read "She breasted boobily down the stairs and titted downwards" it kind of made my 10" penis pulsate and throb until it spurted great gobs of sticky semen 15 feet across the room

I don't want to get into the political side of this at all, but one of the worst ones has to be in Ben Shapiro's book - "he was 215lbs in his underwear and 6'4 in his bare feet." And that is a man writing about another man.

So what are you saying? That he is gay?

Her face was damn pretty. She checked all the boxes. All my boxes, anyway. Deep brown doe eyes under dark eyelashes, a cute button nose, a wide, warm smile that she was currently using to maximum effect on me. Her mouth was just a hair too wide for her face, and it made her even prettier. Her chin had a subtle dimple, as did her cheeks.

That's Anne Hathaway. You just added a chin dimple.

At least now we all know who your celeb crush is. ;)

Anne's good looking, but I honestly haven't thought of her in years.

I think the last celebrity crush I had was Liv Tyler. Darryl Hannah before that, and Valerie Bertinelli before that.

'Boobily' sounds like how Mr Blobby moves...

The UK was all on E and acid in the 90s. It's the only explanation for Blobby being at the centre of popular culture. There was even a Blobbyland theme park.

I stumbled on this a few months ago and I was sure it was an April Fools thing until I did some more research... apparently not.

And a very good YouTube channel FWIW.

Im pretty guilty of this, but to be fair my stories tend to have a lot of focus of breast fetishism. There is a lot of description of the character's breasts.

At the very least I avoid the whole "Shes 5'4" and got some big ol' 32G boobs" thing, but I will admit I have always figured out a way to make a bra size fit into the story. But, that is only because the bra size is something I find erotic, not because it's needed to describe a character.

Im pretty guilty of this, but to be fair my stories tend to have a lot of focus of breast fetishism. There is a lot of description of the character's breasts.

At the very least I avoid the whole "Shes 5'4" and got some big ol' 32G boobs" thing, but I will admit I have always figured out a way to make a bra size fit into the story. But, that is only because the bra size is something I find erotic, not because it's needed to describe a character.
More and more, I'm beginning to understand that all writing rules should be interpreted as "don't do this unless you know what you're doing". In the hands of the right writer - someone who actually cares about the subject matter enough to turn it into something that makes sense - any no-no can work.

As someone who has absolutely no idea about bra sizes (I don't even know my wife's size, for example), I'm curious to read your stories.

I'm beginning to understand that all writing rules should be interpreted as "don't do this unless you know what you're doing".
Absolutely. A friend of mine has a line in a song he wrote: "Know the rules; they're easier to break that way."

You have to know the writing "rules", know how to write to them, and be able to do so from muscle memory if you want to break them effectively. And it means knowing the reason why you broke them.

Anne's good looking, but I honestly haven't thought of her in years.

I'd push my chips in for Anne Hathaway if I had the chance. She has a kind of classic elegance and style that I like and that's rare today.

We have an "escapism vs. realism" discussion here every so often, which usually comes down to two different types of preference. Some people enjoy escapist stories where the tits are huge, the dicks are hard, everybody can fuck all night, and STIs and unwanted pregnancy aren't a thing (unless the author has a pregnancy fetish). Others enjoy stories about people who do have to deal with real-world challenges.

For the former type, it's to be expected that characters will be heavily sexualised in erotica. For the latter, it's unwanted.

As for the amount of description, again, two camps. Some readers like a lot of visual detail, others don't need it unless it's necessary to understand what's going on in the story.

Most people have their preferences on these matters and are unlikely to shift in a hurry, so the best one can do is to figure out one's own preferences and write for that.
And there is a continuum between the two extremes. It really comes down to the skill of the author, as in most things in writing.

More and more, I'm beginning to understand that all writing rules should be interpreted as "don't do this unless you know what you're doing". In the hands of the right writer - someone who actually cares about the subject matter enough to turn it into something that makes sense - any no-no can work.

As someone who has absolutely no idea about bra sizes (I don't even know my wife's size, for example), I'm curious to read your stories.

I'm not sure if it's even a "rule" thing so much as understanding your audience.
There are things the AH will be up in arms about that your average reader is perfectly fine with.

Absolutely. A friend of mine has a line in a song he wrote: "Know the rules; they're easier to break that way."
I once heard (or read?) about the distinctions between an apprentice, a journeyman, and a master. It want something like this:

An apprentice does poor work, because he does not know the rules.
The journeyman makes good work, because he knows the rules.
The master does excellent work, because he knows which rules to follow and which to break.

Back