Crossposting between Literotica and Reddit (and vice versa)

I'm an occasional writer on Reddit, and I'm looking to crosspost some stories between Literotica and Reddit. This is because I'd like to have a backup of my stories outside of Reddit should I decide to quite Reddit. So, I've been trying to determine how to avoid copyright issues - specifically, whether a Literotica submission would be flagged as plagiarized if it appeared on Reddit first (I'm asking on Reddit whether the converse is true, but if anyone can chime in, that'd be helpful as well). I'm also interested in what happens if I took a shorter story I wrote on Reddit, and then expanded it on Literotica.

Does anyone have experience crossposting between those platforms specifically, or between Literotica and another publicly archived social media site?

You own copyright on both platforms, so it's up to you to resolve any plagiarism issues that might arise.

Be aware, though, that it's against Lit policy to use this site to promote another site (with some limited caveats on that, such as links in your signature block, and a mention in your profile).

I'm an occasional writer on Reddit, and I'm looking to crosspost some stories between Literotica and Reddit. This is because I'd like to have a backup of my stories outside of Reddit should I decide to quite Reddit. So, I've been trying to determine how to avoid copyright issues - specifically, whether a Literotica submission would be flagged as plagiarized if it appeared on Reddit first (I'm asking on Reddit whether the converse is true, but if anyone can chime in, that'd be helpful as well). I'm also interested in what happens if I took a shorter story I wrote on Reddit, and then expanded it on Literotica.

Does anyone have experience crossposting between those platforms specifically, or between Literotica and another publicly archived social media site?
I think all my stories appear on both platforms.

I think all my stories appear on both platforms.
You own copyright on both platforms, so it's up to you to resolve any plagiarism issues that might arise.

Be aware, though, that it's against Lit policy to use this site to promote another site (with some limited caveats on that, such as links in your signature block, and a mention in your profile).
Thank you both!

Lit doesn't care if your story is somewhere else, just that it's yours. And Reddit is just a message board, Lit is a repository or archive, that's far more beneficial to stories, than trying to find something in a 20k post locked thread from two months ago on Reddit.

Probably worth mentioning in an author's note that you previously posted it elsewhere, just in case somebody who did see it on Reddit notices it here and thinks you're up to no good.

Probably worth mentioning in an author's note that you previously posted it elsewhere, just in case somebody who did see it on Reddit notices it here and thinks you're up to no good.
Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks!
Lit doesn't care if your story is somewhere else, just that it's yours. And Reddit is just a message board, Lit is a repository or archive, that's far more beneficial to stories, than trying to find something in a 20k post locked thread from two months ago on Reddit.
Well, my biggest fear with Reddit is that if they go IPO, the whole platform will rapidly go to shit as money takes over. At some point, they might just delete all those old stories because they can't monetize them.

Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks!

Well, my biggest fear with Reddit is that if they go IPO, the whole platform will rapidly go to shit as money takes over. At some point, they might just delete all those old stories because they can't monetize them.
Reddit is a messageboard, what are they gonna monetize other than what they already do? A messageboard is a bad place for stories anyway. That's why these sites exist. You'd have been better off using LiveJournal or Tumblr. My point wasn't why you used Reddit, or why you don't want to keep using it, it was why you shouldn't have to begin with. A sub can get over 40 post per day. If you wanna be somewhat successful as a writer, one of the first things to do is to write where it can always be seen or found with the least amount of effort.

Back