out of touch Michigan repugs in state Senate voted to keep cohabitation ban... they were out-voted

butters

High on a Hill

Michigan is one step closer to living in the XXI century. The punishment for unmarried couples living together was one year of prison time. The state Senate voted to repeal the law 29:9, and all nine were Republicans

The bill, written nearly 100 years ago, prohibited couples who are not married to each other from “lewdly and lasciviously associating and cohabitating together.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...&cvid=a533f29f3d1a4e7deff520fc743e40fc&ei=106

they really need to wake the fuck up. the world turns, things change, just as they always have

I can't believe such laws would even still be on the books, let alone that people would vote not to repeal them. But then again, a lot of Republicans never fail to seize any opportunity to eliminate, or take away people's personal freedoms- so I guess that makes sense.

There are thousands of similar laws still on the books in various States. No one really cares.

Until of course any legislative action is taken on them and the resulting votes can be used for promoting hate and division under the guise of advancing political narratives.

I can't believe such laws would even still be on the books.
All states have old silly laws. They're ignored and forgotten until someone notices and cares enough to spend some favors and kiss some old flabby asses.

Here in New York State, adultery is still officially illegal, a Class B misdemeanor. It seems there are a lot of old laws in many different states across the country that they never bother to repeal.

I've just checked and it isn't just New York State where adultery is officially illegal. Adultery is also officially a misdemeanor in Rhode Island, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Kansas, North Dakota and Arizona. It's even worse in 3 other states, where adultery is officially a felony, in Michigan, Wisconsin and Oklahoma.

There are thousands of similar laws still on the books in various States. No one really cares.

Until of course any legislative action is taken on them and the resulting votes can be used for promoting hate and division under the guise of advancing political narratives.
Nobody promotes hate and division on this board more than you do, mr. multi-username.

Though, rightguide and busybody come close.

Nobody promotes hate and division on this board more than you do, mr. multi-username.

Though, rightguide and busybody come close.

Hay, we all need a hobby and that one's mine. Well sorta, it's really the boss' hobby and I'm just the means for him to let you know you're a fuckwit.

Back