ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little let down...

28 Weeks Later Later is the 2007 British film sequel to Danny Boyle’s 2002 film 28 Days Later. The film is directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and is to be released on May 11, 2007.

In March 2005, 28 Days Later's director, Danny Boyle, said in an interview that he would not direct the sequel, but he would serve as executive producer.Juan Carlos Fresnadillo was instead attached to direct 28 Weeks Later. On September 1, 2006, the studio announced that principal photography for 28 Weeks Later began in London. On December 3, 2006, second unit filming finished near the IMAX cinema in London. Post-production has finished, and the film is now complete.

Plot
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.

It is 2003, seven months (twenty-eight weeks) after the last Infected died of starvation and the U.S. Army, commanded by General Stone (Idris Elba), takes control of the now-lifeless London, quarantines the city into separate "District" areas (London City itself being no.1 and the rest of the London area undergoing sterilisation). After many weeks of work, the city is declared fit for habitation and the first group of British survivors from the European refugee camps arrives at Heathrow Airport under U.S. guard. One specific family, child siblings Tamsin and Danny, are reunited with their father, Don (Robert Carlyle), who was stranded in Britain during the original outbreak of the Rage Virus. He was narrowly rescued by U.S. Army Rangers led by Sergeant Doyle (Jeremy Renner) while fleeing his country village, pursued by a massive group of dying Infected.

Tamsin and Danny learn from their father that their mother didn't survive the Infected attack on their village. The family nevertheless tries to push on and they, along with other refugees, are herded into temporary safezones in sealed apartment blocks (until the U.S. soldiers declare individual homes and houses fit for habitation). The family comes into crisis when Don reveals he has developed a romantic relationship with another survivor; Scarlett (Rose Bryne), who quickly comes into conflict with Tamsin.

Meanwhile, a lone survivor, Alice (Catherine McCormack), makes her way to the security zone and is immediately quarantined by Stone and Doctor Ross when it is discovered during invasive medical checks upon entry that she shows signs of Rage contamination. Stone and Ross agree to keep her in quarantine at their headquarters to prevent London's population being infected with Rage again, but disagree on what to do with Alice, with Stone wanting her killed and Ross wanting her to live as she could provide a basis for an antibody against Rage if she's immune. Professor Westmoreland insists that she's not infected at all as the last Infected have since died, but Ross points out Westmoreland only arrived recently and wasn't present during the original outbreak of Rage. Stone reluctantly allows the tests to proceed, but instructs Alice's guards to kill her if she turns into an Infected for fear of using their fallback protocol, "Code Red", where explosive devices set under London will explode, killing all life but protecting the civilians in their protective apartment blocks.

Ross and Alice talk in quarantine (Alice is restrained and has armed guards inside and outside her cell) and her history is revealed; Alice is Don's wife and the mother of Tamsin and Danny. During the original outbreak of Rage (after their children were evacuated), an Infected boy broke into their house in the middle of the night and bit Alice on the arm while Don escaped. Alice killed the Infected and realised she would turn into an Infected herself - but she didn't, and she remains unaware why. When Ross mentions that she saw Danny and Tamsin entering the city (as she personally oversaw all medical checks upon the refugees entry into the quarantine zone), Alice demands to see her children.

Ross, Westmoreland and Stone meet and Ross confesses that Alice is a carrier of the Rage virus. As a result, she will eventually turn into an Infected. It is only a matter of time.

Ross brings the kids and Don to the headquarters, where they exchange a tearful goodbye and are rushed outside just as Alice turns into an Infected. The guards promptly shoot her dead; but not before she infects one of the soldiers, who spreads it to others and re-ignites the infection. Don and the kids narrowly escape with their lives.

The small group of Infected breach the headquarters internal quarantine and begin infecting civilians on the streets. Though most survivors are still in the safe zones, Stone realises the outbreak cannot be contained and declares "Execute: Code Red" and the bombs begin their countdown sequences and U.S. attack planes begin launching attacks on the city.

Doyle and his squad find Don, the kids and several other survivors amongst the chaos and intend to get them to a transport out of the country, before Stone's "Code Red" protocol wipes out all life in London in a hellish firestorm.

However the Trailer looks good, so I hope to be wonderfully surprized.

Well 28 years later will be much cooler since it has flying cars and laser weaponry.

i didn't really read what was inthe plot, just skimmed it because i am very much so looking foreward to it.

i didn'thowever see anything immiediatly wrong, maybe if i had read more i would.

is it just a really bad story?

I have no opinion regarding the story. I just don't care for the title, so I mock it lightly the same way I mock hy beauseI don't like him.

hmm all these new threads popping up (that i'm paying attention to) is inspiring me to perhaps try creating one. though i'm not sure if during this new flurry of creation is the best time.

probably would either be based off a novel i plan on writing, (loosely, VERY loosely based) or off of a Rifts-like setting.

Khadgar said:
hmm all these new threads popping up (that i'm paying attention to) is inspiring me to perhaps try creating one. though i'm not sure if during this new flurry of creation is the best time.

probably would either be based off a novel i plan on writing, (loosely, VERY loosely based) or off of a Rifts-like setting.
Probably not the best idea.

Mine died off before it started.

I just abdicated Grey and Black to NS, so if your playing there, please speak to her.

I'm still going to see it, so I'll give you a review on 28 weeks on Monday.

Well, my hang up to all three of your threads, is I am currently doing a large number of papers to graduate in the next few weeks. So now isn't a good time for me to join any threads.

why the deuce did you pass the thred on Polite?! it's your thread! did you want an out or something?

No dear, I didn't want out, but it seemed best. Nerdslut is here more often and maybe I shouldn't have started by own thread when I can only be on in the morning as when I come back the next day the more active posters have run off with it. Nerdslut offered to co-mod for me and since I hadn't made a PC of my own or anything it seemed best to just let her run with it.

When I can be on more often I'll open a thread of my own again with something intresting, I promise.

Interesting? If I may I recommend, dedicate it to raccoons with light sabers. It'll be fun.

Last edited:
*shakes his heaD* if thats how you felt i would have accepted the co-deal, but still kept your hands in the creative process! i joined the thread because it looked interesting, and that was somethign you create. ahh well

I now relize, even after five years, I am still helpless with out spell checker.

cats said:
I now relize, even after five years, I am still helpless with out spell checker.
Apparently even with it, you're vulnerable of being attacked by the "Bad Spelling" Beast of l337.

*smirks and hugs back* hopefully we can patch those tears up just a quickly lol

Sca Rules

Image15.jpg

Optimus Prime's younger brother always seems to find trouble...

What are those? Angry natives? He should have given them the universal greeting. "Bah Weep granah weep ninny bong!" Then offer them an energon cube... Works every time.

congrats my friend, it's an exclusive club but.... well no.... i lied.

still, congrats.

Curse you and your 8k posts.

Don't een get me started on how many posts arc has either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back