Old School Musicianship… Rock and Roll.. Jazz… Blues… Big Band even…

Ringo is another underrated musician. He was way ahead of his time. This is the best version of "Hey Jude".

Paul is just goofing around, Ringo knew when to come in, and how to be subtle. They should have released this one.

When I was much younger, I played drums and Ringo was my hero… he still is. Absolutely brilliant! And I get miffed every time I hear someone make a disparaging joke at his expense… who had the first hit single after the Beatles broke up? Ringo! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for sharing, Tan!

Here's a couple that exemplify music for me. And are why I chose a Les Paul over a Strat or Tele. I have the DVD of this entire performance with several AMAZING acts for Montserrat.
Such a powerful song with the backing band.

Mark's guitar here is just beautifully subtle behind Clapton's voice

Here's a couple that exemplify music for me. And are why I chose a Les Paul over a Strat or Tele. I have the DVD of this entire performance with several AMAZING acts for Montserrat.
Such a powerful song with the backing band.

Mark's guitar here is just beautifully subtle behind Clapton's voice
I am soooo with you there! I bought a new Stratocaster in ‘85… and a new Gibson Les Paul in ‘88…. There was no comparison for me, the Les Paul was “right”.

All these years later, and too many financial disasters later, I confess, my guitar today… is an HH Strat. 🤣🤣🤣

I am soooo with you there! I bought a new Stratocaster in ‘85… and a new Gibson Les Paul in ‘88…. There was no comparison for me, the Les Paul was “right”.

All these years later, and too many financial disasters later, I confess, my guitar today… is an HH Strat. 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah... there's just something in the...girth... of a LP tone.

Mark being a finger player and his '58 LP... ooh, it's a magically combination!

My high school friend, who was also a musician, came up to me one day and handed me a home recorded cassette like it was total contraband, lol.

"Listen to this!" she said. "Never heard anything quite like it!"

It was Van Halen's debut album.

Back