Non-consent

That is very weird. I see nothing wrong with your original post.

I got banned from Twitter for suggesting that Elon Musk was a dick for selling flamethrowers to Americans in 2018... then got banned when he bought Twitter. I assumed it was just so he could pick on me. Lost all 9 of the tweets I'd made with my account.

So perhaps, i"Your beef should be with the website, not with your fellow authors, in my opinion" perhaps?

Most controversial thing I can see you said. Be interesting to hear the Mod's reason.
Post deletion and thread closing without a word have been going on for a while now, so yeah, I am curious to see if the mod actually writes something this time.

So perhaps, i"Your beef should be with the website, not with your fellow authors, in my opinion" perhaps?

Most controversial thing I can see you said. Be interesting to hear the Mod's reason.
If that was the case @lovecraft68 would have been banned a long time ago and criminally prosecuted even :D
Many people here have seen some among us criticize the website far worse than I did in that post. It is definitely weird.

@lovecraft68 lol your post lasted 94 seconds.
I removed it myself, I hit post then realized why fucking bother? Nothing will change here and whatever someone's opinion is on the matter isn't going to change either.

That and truth be told I looked quick and thought I was responding to you, then I saw who mentioned me and they weren't worth a response from me.

I've carried this crusade for years and have never changed my stance, never will, and the site isn't going to ban me for it. In fact most of my posts on the matter have been left alone.

Understand the mod doesn't always agree with the way the site does things and that will reflect in what stays and goes here, but more importantly....when a post is completely wiped out, that's not the mod, that's Laurel.

So when something is removed like that its a sign of the mentality here. They could post their reasons, invite a discussion, make a simple reply, but nope, just childish games.

What the hell?! Why was my post deleted? You can see the post being quoted in the post #120 but it is not there anymore. What was it in my post that was breaking the rules??

I have no idea. You didn't insult anyone and didn't kink-shame.

This is a perfectly legitimate issue to discuss. Non-consent is a tricky, and IMO sometimes misunderstood issue.

That and truth be told I looked quick and thought I was responding to you, then I saw who mentioned me and they weren't worth a response from me.
Huh? Do we have some beef I don't know of? I mentioned you as an example of someone who has criticized the website far more than I did, but I mostly wrote it as a simple joke :confused:

I removed it myself, I hit post then realized why fucking bother? Nothing will change here and whatever someone's opinion is on the matter isn't going to change either.

I've carried this crusade for years and have never changed my stance, never will, and the site isn't going to ban me for it. In fact most of my posts on the matter have been left alone.

Understand the mod doesn't always agree with the way the site does things and that will reflect in what stays and goes here, but more importantly....when a post is completely wiped out, that's not the mod, that's Laurel.

So when something is removed like that its a sign of the mentality here. They could post their reasons, invite a discussion, make a simple reply, but nope, just childish games.
I can't find your comment on my "Just One Line (by another author)" thread, and I can't find my response either.

Neither of those comments were worthy of banning. Yours was a general critique of the AH, and mine was a polite clarification with a smiley face at the end. What gives?

I can't find your comment on my "Just One Line (by another author)" thread, and I can't find my response either.

Neither of those comments were worthy of banning. Yours was a general critique of the AH, and mine was a polite clarification with a smiley face at the end. What gives?
Huh.

Well, I'll gamble on seeing if this one lasts.

As I have said many times over the years the site-not the mod-has a disturbing habit of allowing and enabling hardcore trolls-like our buddy Tilan-and many before him who were much worse, but will remove posts calling out said trolls and also fairly innocuous exchanges like the one you're talking about. In other words there are people here allowed to spew outright personal attacks with impunity (and let's not forget catfish an entire forum) but don't say anything about the truth of the nature of the forum.

Which is that of a bunch of self centered narcissists and cool kid cliques.

Making it like...well, the rest of the internet. :unsure:

Huh.

Well, I'll gamble on seeing if this one lasts.

As I have said many times over the years the site-not the mod-has a disturbing habit of allowing and enabling hardcore trolls-like our buddy Tilan-and many before him who were much worse, but will remove posts calling out said trolls and also fairly innocuous exchanges like the one you're talking about. In other words there are people here allowed to spew outright personal attacks with impunity (and let's not forget catfish an entire forum) but don't say anything about the truth of the nature of the forum.

Which is that of a bunch of self centered narcissists and cool kid cliques.

Making it like...well, the rest of the internet. :unsure:
The only "rude" thing you said in your comment was basically that "authors in the AH are self-centered"

I mean, humans in general are self-centered.

How is that a controversial statement?

Back